It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(New title:) How are people manipulated by psychopaths?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Very interesting thread, I'll start saying I was never a victim, at least not in the same degree as the histories being told here, and what I think about this subject is that the psychopaths, having almost no feelings in their lives are just how nature created men, be soulless or not I think its fact that they don`t fell #.
Let`s think about the ''victims'', first they are victims of themselves, you are allowing your feelings to conduct your rational mind, in other words, you allow yourself to be captivated by their ''charm'' or whatever you call that manipulation bull#, they are smart, its almost as they are not human, yet, understating human nature they just say what people want to hear when they want to hear.
Sometimes I think the psychopaths as an evolution of the human mind but since the beginning of their lives the society plays a big role in how they evolve and act, many turning to enjoy evil.
What leaves me to say that a ''normal'' people with feelings causing evil is as bad as a psychopathy doing the same, but, won`t be more sublime a being capable of not feeling # doing the good because of its own desire to do so, and not to ''feel'' good, or something like that?
I could be fit in most characteristic of a psychopath, my own family said so, but not because I enjoy using their emotions and feelings to manipulate and create chaos, but because they known I could be described as well being dead inside, and being able to see their own kind of emotional manipulation, most of them unintentional, but only who known me very well can say so. I just don`t care.
It`s also funny after reading some comments about people saying quotes from movies or mimicking expressions from actors, they have no choice, I think that explains why I get well with many people, if you know how act, it doest matter what you feel inside, you could be smiling and giving hugs and thinking monstrosities, most people will not feel that, the world is shallow.
I think this explains a little about OP question How are people manipulated by psychopaths?.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

You have good information there, it makes a lot of sense to me, and it made me have a "duh" moment. See, EVERY motivated and dominant male I ever experienced, (seemingly) had NO empathy, concern for my welfare, a desire to somehow be of help, but men who were not dominant and "on", -were- like that. People who are dominant and "on", seek out and achieve positions over all of us, financially, politically, and medically, academicly intellectualy. Therefore, is "psychopathy" --- merely --- an --- innevitable/natural --- aspect of being dominant and on. ?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Dude be realistic. People are stupid. I'm talking the people of this world have raped this country over and over. You honestly think USA is going to rise up in the streets? Get real. Half the population can't get out of bed because theyre so fat and the other half is too ignorant to care..I live in New Orleans, what sort of uproar, or any thing of the sort, do you think would happen in my city? Or any? Name any city for the matter. Cali can hardly get gay marriage passed anymore, and you're screaming major change? No time soon, not in this country buddy. One can be INTELLIGENT and very ignorant, because it's so bliss. So go ahead, rant to them all the facts you want.. The fed.. elenin.. 2012.. They're all too happy with mcdonald's and they government checks or fancy cars and ipods.. let us not forget HOCKEY; since of course that's the only thing worth acting on in the western hemisphere. We should have fought in 1913 when the Fed was enacted... Our only hope has only ever been snatched away from us. Look at JFK alright? They always win. The only chance this planet has is for mother nature to take back whats rightfully hers. Wipe us out.

edit on 30-6-2011 by Hiasyouwant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hiasyouwant

But if a shtf left populations and institutions in a shambles, it would be like the Mel Gibson Mad max movies, as the people who were still surviving, would be armed (if not guns, then clever lethal slingshots and bows/arrows and spears, etc.) and conducting their own justice, when need be, not at the mercy of some judge without common sense, or powertrip goons who worked for the TSA and law enforcement in this present time.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I have observed people I believe to be Psychopaths, but the only one I seriously consider to be one actually manipulates people for their gain, not his own. Almost like a good Psychopath. After much conversations with that person and a review of myself, I do fear I too have the same ability to manipulate people. But with maturity one learns that manipulation should only ever be used to bring down the evil and uphold the good.

So... What exactly is that. Cause the idea of power is grotesque to me. Yet I have to admit I have manipulated people in my life, quite well too, for the explicit purpose of their benefit.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

Disclaimer: OL is a sociopathic psychopath LEGALLY in Australia. [disability pensions are great
]

Here is how to deal with anybody regardless of whether they APPEAR to be a psychopath or not!

It is this easy... Just ask them this SINGLE question and apply the same technique REGARDLESS of what they answer [timing of application of the technique is KEY here ok!] ...

"Will YOU ever take NO for an ANSWER???"

Now if they don't IMMEDIATELY answer within 5 seconds ... KILL THEM as they trying to work out a way out of being put on the spot!

If they answer NO! ... KILL THEM immediately as they identified themselves as a MONSTEROUS psychopath!

[Note: OL is a MONSTEROUS PSYCHOPATH!
I would answer No and be prepared to KILL YOU back on the spot ok!
]

If they answer YES! Hold them to that till their dying breath and if they ever show that they LIED to you ... KILL THEM!

Thats how you need deal with PSYCHOPATHS ok!!!

Personal Disclosure: Mirror Neurons have a lot to answer for!!!

P.S. Uhmmm?

People severely affected with psychopathy have a false belief in their own superiority, a sense of entitlement and a complete disregard for social norms.

LMAO ... Its not a false belief in my own superiority at all ... I'm willing to kill your prove it!
:shk:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 3nlightened

No, you just seem to have a downing complex.. psychologists aren't over or underestimating "your kind"..
You would just have an amygdala that isn't as active as normal people's, that is if you were actually administered a test (Hare Test, or one of the others) and officially labeled a psychopath, which I doubt you were/could be at such a young age.

Also psychopathy is not synonymous with intelligence.

edit on 30-6-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I have a question. Be totally honest. I am not hiding my clever lethal slingshot behind my back, even.
Do I look fat in this dress?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

We have millions of people joining military around the world ready to murder and kill in the name of .... Psychopaths are everywhere. The problem we have is Psychopaths making Psychopaths .

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by butcherguy

Precisely! How did the Charles Manson 'family' buy into his thinking? That's the question...people who are conscientious and mean no harm to others can be manipulated into thinking the cause is "acceptable"...but how?

I think there were drugs taken, sleep depravation, a charasmatic leader, and sexual manipulation.
I think this example veers too far off course. Most people are interested in this topic so they can prevent themselves from engaging in emotional relationships with those that are not capabile of feeling in return.
Of course the most intimate of these relationships involve partners, but also so you could steer clear of manipulation and entaglement with unstable inlaws, bosses, and what not if you could identify them and ensure your own bounderies are intact before engaging them.
edit on 30-6-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by butcherguy

Hitler had a whole country doing it.

He might be the ultimate.

And HOW did he do that??
What is it about certain people that others follow them, like lemmings, to do evil?

Have you not read Stanley Milgram?
I would think you would know the answer to this, or are you trying to encorage dialog? If you seriously wonder about the sociology of cultures, and group think perhaps you should browse more titles in the field of Sociology and Cultural Anthropology. The Psychology of groups, which is different then looking at the individual.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

I don't think it's that easy to identify those that are "unstable". No one wishes to be manipulated, but I think it lies deeper in the emotional receptors of the brain, which is very difficult to control.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3nlightened

I try to lie as little as possible, sometimes its hard though, i have to admit. 100% i have never lied to harm someone. The only lies i tell are to keep from hurting people and to mess with their heads (comically, only with friends). I hate lying, i despise it, and its probably because I can do it so well if i want. My father used to beat me as a child when he would catch me lying, and everyday i thank him because it kept me from becoming a monster. As a socio we are able to convince ourselves of something being true, scary i know. It is this confidence in our lies that gets people. Here is a tip to catch them. As soon as they begin getting detailed, im talking like 3-4 sentences of details about something, its a lie. We are very smart, we know what goes into a lie, and what will make you believe it. details. you want details. dont fall for them. If you want to catch a sociopath in a lie, argue against it. Ask for proof, if they immediately get angry, lie caught. Most socio/psycho's have violent mood swings and these are brought out when people disagree with their lies.
Here is a tip to catch them. As soon as they begin getting detailed, im talking like 3-4 sentences of details about something, its a lie. We are very smart, we know what goes into a lie, and what will make you believe it. details. you want details. dont fall for them. If you want to catch a sociopath in a lie, argue against it. Ask for proof, if they immediately get angry, lie caught. Most socio/psycho's have violent mood swings and these are brought out when people disagree with their lies.

I will say your detail of a lie is quite dead on. I eventually learned to tell when he was telling a lie. And when I would question him, he would try and turn my question back on me. When I would state facts, line by line, precept upon precept, he would try to do the same back.

I must say to you 3nlightened, you were VERY young to be diagnosed with this disorder. Not sure how old you are now... There are many parts of your post that sound more like you are on the Aspie spectrum, than Spath disorder. I would look into getting another diagnosis (just my 2 cents). The fact that you consider hurting someone, says a lot. Most Spaths don't care. Most lie and don't think anything of it, its like breathing for a true spath.

I do believe a spath can love, but their love is much different. Again, that's my opinion. Most would say the man I was involved with never loved me. I believe (or at least I want to believe) he did. His therapist said that I was the love of his life. You would never know that by the way he treated me.

The other reference you made that lined up with him was when his own brother died, right in front of him, he didn't shed a tear. He was emotionless. He didn't cry at the wake or the funeral. Others had more emotion over his brothers death than he did.

For someone like me, who wears my emotions on my sleeve, I just couldn't fathom how one can say they are upset, and never show it.

Thank you for sharing what you have

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I agree completely that intelligence is not synonymous with antisocial personality disorder...but isn't it ironic that those capable of manipulation and exploitation do tend to be rather intelligent?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bibliomaniac
I agree completely that intelligence is not synonymous with antisocial personality disorder...but isn't it ironic that those capable of manipulation and exploitation do tend to be rather intelligent?

Actually,the higher the level of intelligence, the more covert the behavior. Highly intelligent ASPD/Sociopaths will manipulate others easily. He is the true "Con Man". He presents gregarious, articulate, and attractive mannerisms that demonstrate a sincere interest in others; sadly, only a well staged theatrical production.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Staged, yes. But I can't believe someone intelligent enough to charm and manipulate would be incapable of knowing that they are achieving in doing so.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Hi,

Yes, I've had a run-in with the worst kind of psychopaths/sociopaths - two of them to be exact. Not only were they psychopaths, but they were members of an organized crime group. Scary? You bet. They tried the charm offensive, the nice-guy charade, but I figured them out pretty quickly. They were extremely skilled at pretending to be something they were not. They wanted money, power, and enjoyed inflicting violence, and even torture on other innocent human beings. Unfortunately, they targeted me and my wife as their next victims. It was a very scary time - and I've seen a LOT over the course of my life (which is how, I think, I recognized them for what they were so quickly..) but these two were something else. They fooled the neighbors, my wife - everyone. Except me and a couple of other people in the area.

But once they realize you are 'on to them', that's when the death threats begin. Like I said - scary stuff.

My advice if you suddenly realize you have had the massive misfortune of running into these types, is to try to rapidly extricate yourself from the scenario immediately. Try not to let them know you have figured them out - because then you become a threat to their elaborate 'cover' - but get them out of your life as soon as humanly possible - otherwise they will wreck it.

Or worse.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

You mean if she cheats? That happens about 99% of the time in America...no joke...women are scandalous

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Explanation: The dress isn't hiding anything! FAT is FAT no matter how you try to package it!
[note: OL is NOT claiming you are fat... just stating a dress doesn't change facts and that fat is fat no matter what!]

Personal Disclosure: Ignorance hurts in the spotlight of the truth eh!
You might want to do something about that ok!

P.S. Now does my ego make my Avatar look psychopathic???
Looking forward to your reply!

edit on 1-7-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fis emoticon fail.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Here is a meting place for people who think they are sociopaths. This might give some insight.
www.sociopathworld.com...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join