It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(New title:) How are people manipulated by psychopaths?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I believe they are unconscious of their own feelings and that they sometimes provoke a person to act the way they feel so they can then point the finger and be 'exonorated' from having that feeling. The other thing they do is become 'attracted' to certain people because those people have traits that they themselves have but are repressing because they are so shut down. So they want to get that part of themselves back through the other person.

I think unconsciousness is their prevailing trait. And I think it's deep dissociation caused by abuse and trauma and I think they feel superior but deep down they don't because they know part of their self is missing.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

edit on 30-6-2011 by matrixportal because: nevermind

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by simone50m

Maybe it wasnt actually the men that was the problem if they all have been that way...

I must comment on this. There are women who are chronically attracted to this type of men. One of my questions is: "Why?"
My father was a strong, competent, brilliant man, a great provider and not weak or ineffectual, though somewhat distant until we three kids were grown. What prompted me even as a teen to be attracted to "cruel men"?

The problem is not solely why women are attracted to this type of "manly man", but why do some men develop these characteristics and then USE women who are susceptible to believing everything these men tell them? I agree it is somehow a crippled self-esteem, and also a need to be needed. I call it (unofficially) the "Bad Boy Syndrome", and as I've matured (now in my 50s) I can laughingly say, "It's a disease. I'm taking medication for it." (Anyone seen Notting Hill enough times to recognize that?)

But seriously, It is a related but quite separate topic, and I'd be happy to open a new thread on that topic if y'all would like to discuss it!! Why do some women fall for these guys, and others run at the first sign of a red flag waving?? And conversely, WHY do some men (and I appreciate those brave men who have discussed being involved with female psychopaths on this thread --because they DO exist) fall for that type of woman?

Basic underlying question: WHY do honest, loving, compassionate people BELIEVE in these posers, and give so much to them?

--WT

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Because they believe every smiling face. A sincere person has ups and downs. A socio/psycho path is sort of a faker by anture and has no problem faking to get what they want.

I've often wondered how people can fall for some of the things of seen so easily. I've never really had one prey on me, though. Well, maybe one. Never really labeled that individual as such till now.

I also think they(the psychopath) may have inner depression issues and that is why they try desparately to have fun. Unually they are sensitive and are very attune to what others think and feel, but if the psychopath isn't happy then they use it to rip other people to shreds.

I have noticed that psychopaths almost have the power to heal or destroy. its like a gift they take for granted.

And they always seem to have enough energy for all levels of drama. I've always been a bit jealous of those two traits in them. Not because I want to make drama but because I rarely understand people and am always on the outs of the group and because I suffer from severe fatigue sometimes.

But maybe thats why we don't tangle much I can't follow their roller coaster and don't have enough feelings for them to mess with much.
edit on 30-6-2011 by siren8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I have no idea but they dont deserve to complain about it if thats what they wanted....and i was just saying in my last post maybe the women are responsible for making the men crazy...women always believe they are not part of the problem and it takes 2 to tangle.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
yeah but why do they need your energy? something is missing in them. they're not just different,

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Men fall for the women too. There have been many songs written by men that warn of this situation.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Well.... i guess i have a story you might be interested in. I am a "psychopath" if that's what you will call it. I was clinically diagnosed when i was 5 or 6, apparently i was fond of killing frogs and ants at a young age. I scored very high on narcissism, but thats all i really remember from my test scores, my parents never really wanted me to see them for fear that knowing the intensity of my gift might trigger in me to elaborate on it.

From what I've gathered over the years, 1-100 people in the US are sociopaths/pyschopaths, which is quite alarming, however most of them don't know it, I mean they probably do, but they havent been tested for it is what I mean. I understand your fears towards my type of people, but honestly without the tests I would have never really known. My parents always kind of shy'd away from me once they found out, I think they interpreted it as me being some serial killer, but its w/e. I grew up in a middle class family, good upbringing, parents still together, never really got in trouble and i got good grades, never really dated, and found out i have ADHD. I never really knew there existed a difference between me and my peers, other than i was hyper and my mind really raced all over the place whereas they could sit in class all day like it was nothing. That was hell for me.

Nothing really seemed out of place to me, in fact while i was young i kinda relished in the fact that i was a lil different, you know like i was meant for something great because i really didnt understand my "disorder", though i dont consider anything to be wrong with me. The biggest point in my life where i realized i was extremely different than everyone else had to come when my grandfather died. We were a very close family, and when i found out i was 17 yrs old. I came home and everyone was crying, i should have joined, but i didnt, to this day i still shrug it off, its death, it happens, no use in crying over spilled milk. A couple weeks later i realized where i should have been sad and cried, i didnt, in fact i cant remember ever crying, ever, over anything.

As i grew older i started to realize major differences between me and "you people". Where your decisions often involve emotional considerations and how things affect others around you, i tend to be more selfish. I consider this more of a blessing than a curse. I see a lot of friends and family who make decisions based on whats the best option for themselves and others around them , whereas I, the "psychopath" really only do what benefits me. My decisions have never harmed anyone, and Ive made sure they didnt, but i really dont see the point in considering other people on decisions that affect my life, call it what you want, but to me that is how you should be living your life, what you want, not what others want you to want or what they think is best for you. To me narcissism can be a good thing if observed properly.

I guess I will cover some general things, I know a lot of people are interested in pyschopaths because they really cant understand what its like to live without emotion. We dont entirely live without emotion, we observe other peoples emotions daily and they are quite easy to pick up on. I know how im supposed to feel in certain situations, and faking it, while it may be a lie, is generally done by myself to make others around me feel better. I still know what its like to love, i cant imagine a life without my parents or siblings. will i cry when they die, no, but that doesnt mean i dont love them and want the best things in life possible for them. Pyschopaths are very protective, i would do anything for my family, anything...

Dating is another story, Ive struggled a lot in relationships, not because im distant, but mostly because my partner was interested in other people
. I've been cheated on twice, and it sucks. I dont know why, I hear these horror stories of how pyschopaths ruin lives, but i dont understand how. when i start dating someone its like a #in drug. When im with them i feel whole, i feel wanted, i feel what my psychopathy is supposed to feel like, it feels great, im not gonna lie, being a socio with a partner who cares for you is the biggest #in ego trip high in the world. And to me its something i dont want to let go, I would do anything to please my partner, because i dont want them to leave me because life as a socio is very lonely, there is only you who knows you and it gets hard sometimes. I have never gone crazy on breakups, i just move on, although there are very deep depressive states for our kind if you let yourself go there. And these arent your zoloft cured depressions, they are intense and they can be hard as hell to get out of, suicidal thoughts enter our minds a lot when we are depressed. And by depressed i dont mean o i lost my job # life sucks, i mean i got a B- in english class im seriously considering killing myself because im smarter than everyone else. I know it sounds scary, but if you realize your disorders complications with depression you can quickly pull yourself out of it. its all about pleasing the ego. Avoid depressed psychopaths, they are the ones that kill people, seriously, avoid them at all costs.

Lies. Pyscho/Socio's lie. its easy. Here is the #1 rule that everyone should know in life, regardless of whether or not you are a pyschopath.
People will believe a lie because they want it to be true, or because they are afraid it might be true; people are confident so they will believe a lie is true because they are too stupid to believe themselves to be wrong.

I try to lie as little as possible, sometimes its hard though, i have to admit. 100% i have never lied to harm someone. The only lies i tell are to keep from hurting people and to mess with their heads (comically, only with friends). I hate lying, i despise it, and its probably because I can do it so well if i want. My father used to beat me as a child when he would catch me lying, and everyday i thank him because it kept me from becoming a monster. As a socio we are able to convince ourselves of something being true, scary i know. It is this confidence in our lies that gets people. Here is a tip to catch them. As soon as they begin getting detailed, im talking like 3-4 sentences of details about something, its a lie. We are very smart, we know what goes into a lie, and what will make you believe it. details. you want details. dont fall for them. If you want to catch a sociopath in a lie, argue against it. Ask for proof, if they immediately get angry, lie caught. Most socio/psycho's have violent mood swings and these are brought out when people disagree with their lies.

I hope this wasnt a tldr, i know it really was, but whenever i see pyscho/socio posts it hurts me to hear all the bad things people say because in a way it attacks me, as if i fall into the stereotype. Some of you will say this was just an ego boost, but it isnt, i saw OP wanted stories and i figured i might share mine, at least so people know we should not all be avoided. If you guys have any questions for me feel free to ask, i will give unbiased answers.

Not all of us are bad, i have dreams of bettering society, of giving back to the world, even if im atop the throne deciding whats best for you
i joke i joke

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I gotta say someone in the psychology profession that are willing to say a string of bad relationships are due to all their partners being psychopaths is a scary and dangerous thing.

that label doesn't wash off easy.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 3nlightened

Based on just reading your post you are likely not a psychopath. That's too young to really tell, and kids kill frogs and ants, it happens. As you got older did you move on to bigger animals? Torture cats and dogs?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I found Thomas Sheridan's interviews and book, "Labyrinth of the Psychopath" to be quite interesting. My step-father (now deceased) was a true psychopath. He was in my life for 2 years. I'll come back to this post and compose an answer that may shed some light on some aspect of this....difference between humans. Psychopaths are not the same, according to Sheridan. Their brains function differently and you can see this if an MRI is used. I thought of writing about the experience once upon a time.....but nobody believed me. Psychopaths are damned good salesmen!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

yes i regularly kill cats, like once a week, not peoples pets though, just wild strays that might get my dogs running into the road (i live somewhat in the country and they are everywhere).

I've finally had time to read a lot of these posts and you guys are seriously underestimating the intelligence of pyscho/socio's, especially the psychologists, you guys are especially a joke to my kind. I always find it funny when the doctors try to establish our creation. You guys think we are the result of abusive relationships at a young age lol, you dont think we are born this way? Like really, come on. Are all gays molested as children, if you want to call yourself a Ph.D. act like one.

I believe that Sociopathy or Pyschopathy is a dominant recessive trait in our genes. I believe in evolution, as it is the only way I can understand how I am what I am. When humans formed society it was usually the strongest rule, but eventually the cunning took over by promising people things they wanted in life. Socio/Pyschos work the same way by helping those around them attain what they want in exchange for their loyalty, which is a huge sacrifice when you realize you are making a deal with a narc liar.

I really don't know how people are manipulated by my kind because I don't enjoy doing it. I know I am not attracted to people with similar interests as me, mainly because i fear that if someone tells me we share interests that they are a socio/pyscho and just lying to me. They do say opposites attract, maybe that's what you guys should stick to. But then again I am pretty paranoid most of the time.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
As a Biologist I can tell you there are many species that have individuals that don't fit the social norm and that these "psychopathic" individuals are a survival mechanism. An example of this occurs in various species of amphibians whose tadpoles come in two distinct forms. The most common form is herbivorous and lives by consuming detritus and algae etc. The less common form is carnivorous, cannibalistic in fact. While there is plenty of water and conditions are good the most common form thrives. If however the pond starts to dry out and food sources dwindle it is the "psychopathic" tadpoles that survive by consuming their herbivorous siblings. Likewise when the SHTF in human society, I think having a psychopathic or sociopathic mindset would have its advantages in terms of long term survival. Trust me it will be to the sociopath who you will look to defend your post technological society. These people are the warrior kings of old.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The day your dogs learn to eat field mice... is the day you'll learn to appreciate feral cats. Spay and neuter is my motto... not culling and murder.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by shushu

Thanks for defending cats. As a cat 'parent' of two who I'd throw myself in front of a vehicle for. If I ever cought anyone abusing a cat, much less my own, GOD HELP THEM. I have a lot of rage and I always wanted to try and take it out on someone deserving, emulating my hero Agent Jack Baur in '24'.

Thanks wildtimes, for having my back, a little previous-ago. I had explained and described my role in putting myself with those kinds of guys. But of course, as can be relied on like the daily sunrise, someone has to come in like a NWO-controlled MSM shill, and distort. The best thing I've heard here though is, "Don't feed the Trolls".

It occurred to me, that after a SHTF, one may not have to worry about an official law enforcement too much. Know what that means yall? It's open season hunt'n season! Yah! Know what I mean? (And not for innocent cats..............)
edit on 30-6-2011 by simone50m because: edit.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I understand your post may be more towards the psychology the actual psychopath.. But hear me out.
People are manipulated through so many different ways. Religion, media, and other bull we each spit out every day toward one another. While I try not to be a psychopath, this is a dog eat dog world. If playing with manipulation is psychotic, hell; I'm a psychopath each time I got laid and did a little manipulation. (Not that I always have to), but let's face it, so many people are simply stupid, its so very hard not to. It's just ironic people fall asleep to such psychopathic people, if they are this gullible towards bullocks, why can't they be gullible towards truth?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hiasyouwant

I said before in this thread, that this knowledge and discussion of these particular pathologies is recent. Who knew about and was discussing alot about this back in the 1990s? NO PEOPLE AREN'T STUPID they are kept from crucial knowledge by these PTB devil worshipers and their enslavement institutions.
People have the internet now and are waking up, and the predators better watch all your backs, as oceans of people are brewing...............

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

It seems these disorders are genetic. What you are suggesting is learned behavior or, arguably, a lack of it.

"At some point in the future psychopathy may be a study for sociologists, not psychologists".

Egad, I hope I am in the ground long before that.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
OP, u might want to see my recent thread
as it may be related to yours

3 students die after being hypnotized by principal
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by simone50m

Maybe it wasnt actually the men that was the problem if they all have been that way...

I must comment on this. There are women who are chronically attracted to this type of men. One of my questions is: "Why?"
My father was a strong, competent, brilliant man, a great provider and not weak or ineffectual, though somewhat distant until we three kids were grown. What prompted me even as a teen to be attracted to "cruel men"?

The problem is not solely why women are attracted to this type of "manly man", but why do some men develop these characteristics and then USE women who are susceptible to believing everything these men tell them? I agree it is somehow a crippled self-esteem, and also a need to be needed. I call it (unofficially) the "Bad Boy Syndrome", and as I've matured (now in my 50s) I can laughingly say, "It's a disease. I'm taking medication for it." (Anyone seen Notting Hill enough times to recognize that?)

But seriously, It is a related but quite separate topic, and I'd be happy to open a new thread on that topic if y'all would like to discuss it!! Why do some women fall for these guys, and others run at the first sign of a red flag waving?? And conversely, WHY do some men (and I appreciate those brave men who have discussed being involved with female psychopaths on this thread --because they DO exist) fall for that type of woman?

Basic underlying question: WHY do honest, loving, compassionate people BELIEVE in these posers, and give so much to them?

--WT

Evolutionarily speaking, if a woman can snag a decent, caring, honest, loyal "nice guy" (who may not be all that exciting or interesting in other ways), he is more likely to care for her and her offspiring than a drifter/player/badboy. HOWEVER, if she can secretly mate with an alpha male, she will be able to pass his evolutionarily desirable traits (prowess, strength, ruthlessness, etc.) on to her male offspring. The woman and her male offspring win; the hapless beta-male "good guy" is a sucker, evolutionarily speaking, putting in the time and resources for a child that isn't really him. From the vantage point of passing on one's genes, it's a very good strategy for the female.

This may not be what actually goes down in the modern world, with its casual relationships and contraceptives and so on, but I'm pretty sure that's what motivates the attraction in the first place. Certain species of birds behave similarly: they pair off into nest-mates but there is still a lot of cheating going on, especially with the alpha males.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join