It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Mile Mandatory Evacuation Area Around Ft. Calhoun Nuke Plant (but don't worry - be happy)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I found some interesting reading.
Source

Evacuation zones have remained frozen at a 10-mile radius from each plant since they were set in 1978 despite all that has happened since, including the accidents at Three Mile Island, Chernobyl and Fukushima Dai-ichi in Japan. Meanwhile, the danger of an accident requiring evacuation has increased. More than 90 of the nation's 104 operating reactors have been allowed to run at higher power levels for many years, raising the radiation risk in a major accident. In an ongoing investigative series, AP has reported that aging plants, their lives extended by industry and regulators, are prone to breakdowns that could lead to accidents.

Industry lobbyist, IMO. Working to keep the plants running, Under Mounting stresses and aging facilities.

And because the federal government has failed to find a location for permanent storage of spent fuel, thousands of tons of highly radioactive used reactor rods are kept in pools onsite, and more is stored there all the time.

These mounting risks, though, have not resulted in more vigilant preparations for possible accidents.

Disaster planners from the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission and the Federal Emergency Management Agency have made dubious assumptions about the public response to a major accident. They insist, for example, that people who are not called upon to evacuate will stay put; they're now saying that they might under some circumstances tell people to hunker down at home even in the 10-mile evacuation zone, and they believe people will do it.

That advice flies in the face of decades of science and policy, millions of dollars in planning and preparations — and common sense.

The advice also conflicts with what U.S. officials told Americans in Japan in March, when an earthquake and tsunami knocked out power to Fukushima and melted fuel in three of its six nuclear reactors. Japanese officials ordered those living within 12 miles of the site to leave. The U.S. government's advice to its citizens? If you're within 50 miles, you should evacuate

So, a 50 mile evacuation, depending on where it is enacted, would see millions and millions of people being herded somewhere. Providing they survive. Such as the Indian Point Nuclear Complex, where two reactors operate 25 miles from New York City's northern border.

If a 50-mile order were ever issued for Indian Point, it would include about 17.3 million people — 6 percent of all Americans, according to an AP population analysis.

That evacuation, would be extended, as radioactive material would move throughout the country? Well, maybe not. With the current regulators in power.

Star and Flag

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by C21H30O2I

HigH, great post..
I think I am starting to understand why the USA are building alot of FEMA camps. These nuclear facilities with all that stored waste are potential ticking timebombs to natural disasters,wow.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
An interesting related link:

rense.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Darn. You were doing so well until the backbone of your post became the Georgia Guidestones. In my opinion, you're on the right track, just using the wrong evidence. Toss me a PM if you'd like to discuss further.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

I have other evidence, just nothing as quick and obvious as those stones. PM'd ya.

edit on 3-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Simi Valley Nuclear Disaster

Simi Valley California was the site of the worst nuclear disaster in U.S. history in 1959, and the amounts of radiation leaked to the environment and atomosphere were more than 240 times that of the accident at 3-Mile Island. The area is beautiful today, but what still remains from many decades ago?

When this Disaster Occurred The News Media Downplayed it ! The Media Said to the Public
that Only on Rod was damaged it was actually 13 of them out of 43 Rods, (Video Above 1.50 min )

they the Media said that there was no radiation Leak

The reactor Had Intentional Emergency Vents to Spew out Vapors of Radiation other Word it Leaked Large Amount of Radiation and the Monitor at the Facility Could not Read the Scale Amount as it can only read a minor amount of radiation ... SEE ... (Video Above at 2.10min ) all back in 1959

240 times then 3 mile island ( Video at 3.15 mark )

Atomic Energy Commission said only one rod was Damaged & No radiation has been released (Video at 3.20 mark)

want more watch the Video

as to why i posted this simple Answer because the Government and The Media LIES !
and this Nuke Disaster Proves it No difference then as to NOW

edit on 3-7-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rbya911

I agree fully
Everyone needs to stay aware and understand the tragedies that
can happen here in the US like Japan.

Keep your head up brother.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Thought I'd dig this up to mention the flood warning for Ft. Calhoun has been lifted. Plant is still shut down though.

Nuclear plant not in flood emergency

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join