It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Mile Mandatory Evacuation Area Around Ft. Calhoun Nuke Plant (but don't worry - be happy)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

10 Mile Mandatory Evacuation Area Around Ft. Calhoun Nuke Plant (but don't worry - be happy)

www.dailypaul.com

(this story is basically the video)

I apologize if you cannot view the video, but this news needs to be spread. They are not telling us the truth about Fort Calhoun's plant...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 29-6-2011 by Signals because: classified

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
You will notice this story has been completely cleaned from MSM....this is not good...

Google search it, they called for an evacuation, then scrubbed the story.

I have read reports that because of Fort Calhoun's spent fuel rod storage facility, this could be much, MUCH worse than Fukushima!

www.dailypaul.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Anyone else find it very "convenient" we have (or recently had) HUGE military excercises on American soil and offshore lately?
edit on 29-6-2011 by Signals because: classified

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

S+F on this one. It certainly bears watching. This is how it started in Fukashima (as far as the evac radius, not the quake). If the flood water has breeched the pool, it is my gues that the flood waters in that area are being contaminated. But with the EPA raising radiation safety levels, I'm sure MSM will feel no compulsion to report on it until it's waaayyy too late.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Keep up the good work keeping the minds on whats going on Signals

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Nevermind, I was wrong. Different evacuation.
I was wrong.

Good catch then.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Youmakemewonder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
All this just seems really surreal, and too perfect.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
i thought it had to rise atleast another 7 feet ? (can't watch the video right now so sorry if the infor was already explained)

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Another one?

The Universe actually does react to our thoughts on a grand scale. Imagine that. With all of the hype about the end of the world, nuclear destruction, financial crisis, and general disaster, the Universe has no choice but to respond in kind.

Ask and you will receive

We essentially gave it our clear and expressed permission.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Oh,..I thought everything was under control, and there was absolutely nothing to worry about.

Because this is just leaking into the MSM we can guarantee it is a full blown melt down, people are dying, children's skin is falling off, animals are going berserk, it is full blown chaos. This is insane,...FULL MELTDOWN!!!!!! Do Understand what that means??? FULL MELTDOWN PEOPLE!!! Evacuate while you can.

That is my attempt to be like Alex Jones,....Was it mildly convincing?

S&F by the way.
edit on 29-6-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I saw this video yesterday, it does not say anything about a mandatory evacuation.

It does mention that if there was an evacuation, it would be for the 10 mile zone around the plant.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

They are saying that the 10 mile radius is a precaution because if things do go bad, the ten mile radius will be the area that wouldn't have time to respond. So reading between the lines, we basically have the government telling us that things can go badly quickly, so they are taking precautions but they do not anticipate that it will go bad. As far as i can tell, what else could they do?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Ft. Calhoun nuclear workers carrying in fuel cans by hand in order to keep pumps running

[...] At Fort Calhoun, where the river has risen gradually, the water seeps in through sandbag walls, electrical conduits and other places that workers had not thought much about before. There are so many small water pumps running to keep up with the leaks that keeping them supplied with gasoline and diesel requires something akin to a bucket brigade.

Orange plastic fuel cans are rolled on a cart over the catwalks and then handed off to employees who are headed deeper into the plant. Climbing over the sandbags at the entrances, they carry them in, and workers on their way out pick up a few empties and carry them out for refilling. [...]

[Link to source broken. Looking for source again.]

There are plenty of reports and official maps outlining the 10 mile evacuation zone. I haven't personally seen it called "mandatory," but I plenty of people have claimed seeing this on MSNBC and then having it pulled down.

This story is developing in real time, so the information is sketchy at best.
edit on 29-6-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I heard on that video right before the gentleman started talking that there was a 10 mile evacuation. Not sure if they were referencing the 10 mile zone all reactors have for "immediate" evacuation or if they started it there or what. Breaking news is always sketchy, especially after Fukushima and the threat of radiation leaks here.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Nevermind I see you are on top of things. Thanks
edit on 6/29/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

You have anything else besides a blog? It looks like maybe just trying to drive hits to the blog itself...

At the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Power Station, which has been shut since April for maintenance, officials expect to replace by the end of next week an inflatable barrier that deflated on Sunday sending a rush of water toward the plant.
Reuters

Also,

A 10-mile evacuation zone around each United States nuclear plant was set by the federal government in 1978, a year before the disaster at Three Mile Island near Harrisburg and eight years before the Chernobyl meltdown in Ukraine in 1986. Read more: Population within nuclear plants' evacuation zones growing - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
ATS thread with interactive map

That thread has a link to an interactive map. Pretty informative.

There is also this regular news showing all Nuke plants are supposed to have a 10-mile evacuation zone.

Apparently all nuke plants have a mandatory 10 mile evacuation zone, but populations have been allowed to grow into those zones.

Pittsburgh Live

Over the decades, however, millions of newcomers have transformed tranquil woodland or shoreline into buzzing suburbs and bedroom communities. The AP analysis found that about 120 million people, almost 40 percent of all Americans, live within 50 miles of a nuclear plant.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Absolutely not, it's pretty easy to come on a thread and make accusations.

Now, if I were really Ron Paul....then you would perhaps have a point.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by gncnew

Absolutely not, it's pretty easy to come on a thread and make accusations.

Now, if I were really Ron Paul....then you would perhaps have a point.

kk, just checking - not seeing anywhere that there is a mandatory evac order, and the 10 mile thing is a federal law from the 70's

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
So if anything should ever happen at Calhoun (unlikely at present given it's been shut down for weeks) then a mandatory 10 miles evacuation zone would be set up. As would be the case at any other US nuclear station.

Hardly major breaking news, is it?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Is it just possible -- really thinking outside the box here -- but is possible that any evacuations are because Nebraska is really flat and it is flooding. Not because of the reactor, but because the river is getting really really wide. I know zebras are way more fun.

journalstar.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join