Are Evangelicals and conservative Christians the Anti-Christ?

page: 1

join

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Are Evangelicals and conservative Christians the Anti-Christ?

In the tribal conditions of the ancient world, it is not surprising that Christians would be hated.

Revelation shows the destruction of all except God’s chosen. Evangelicals and literalists, pray for this genocidal destruction to happen in their lifetimes. That is a lot of hate coming from those who profess to love all of mankind. Some would say that these so called Christians, are not of good heart and do not follow their own religion, bible or a loving Christ.

Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Some would in fact say that these Christians are traitors to the society they hate.

In the old tribal days, and even today, those who do not believe as Evangelicals, literalists and conservative Christians do, would see these as traitors and haters and would get their backs up, as most humans being would automatically do, and hate these Christian traitors right back. It is no wonder then, and some ancients would say quite fittingly, that these traitors should be fed to the lions. Hate being returned for the hate that these Christians show to society.

It is not too surprising then to see why Christians were persecuted in the old days. They deserved it as far as the other tribes were concerned as they were showing hate for all others in wishing and praying for their death in this life as well as everlasting torture for eternity in the next.

What a game for your God to play if such were true!
Create a place for eternal bliss as well as a place for eternal suffering.
Then create beings whom he loves dearly and watches over.
And in the end, decide which to consider "trash" and "throw away" into the place for eternal suffering and which to cling to and love in the place for eternal bliss.
Even man, with all his faults, is greater and more responsible.

Evangelicals and followers of Jesus should thank God that they live in a world that has lost some of it’s tribal ways, not themselves of course, and society allow these who hate them so much, to remain untouched in today’s environment.

These Evangelicals and literalist believers think themselves as followers of Christ yet Christ was of love while they are of hate. They are anti their own bible as shown with Rom 12;21. If the bible is the word of God as they believe it is, then they are anti-bible and therefore, biblically speaking, Anti-Christ. They definitely are not cut from the same cloth that Jesus was.

Are these Evangelicals and literalist believers the Anti-Christ of scripture?

Is the term traitors to humanity a fitting label for these misguided Christians?

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Wow, a very interesting and thought provoking post. Usually I steer out of these threads. What I thought when I clicked in, was more of a literal view of the world "anti" - I thought well they certainly "steal" the Christ Love from others by setting such a poor example. So in some ways they function as the "anti" for just that reason, many uninformed see these in your face misguided types and think that is what it is all about - and that is a shame really. If they are the light upon the hill is is the big fire they are stoking in which to toss the rest of us that don't conform to their misguided views. Sad really. They steal a lot of joy.
edit on 29-6-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Wow... uh... yep. You hit the nail on the head. These people (The Christian Evangelicals) are out of their minds. They preach hate, not love, and are not true Christians.

"Jesus Camp" is a great documentary that shows just how f**king crazy the right wing Christian fundamentalists really are.

Great post dude!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Religion is the biggest conspiracy of all time.. Sorry to everyone attached to a specific faith.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Evangelicals and literalists, pray for this genocidal destruction to happen in their lifetimes.

Perhaps because they believe they will be saved? And the bible has prophesised the "end times". Priests have been preaching end times for hundreds of years. And why? I've got a good idea; fearmongering people into faith.

That is a lot of hate coming from those who profess to love all of mankind.

Just as there was a lot of hatred coming from those who wrote the bible; in which God demands the destruction of the Amalekites (a entire race of people) Just as there was a lot of hatred towards homosexuality coming from "on high". Prejudice is inevitable when you consider these doctrines "holy".

ome would say that these so called Christians, are not of good heart and do not follow their own religion, bible or a loving Christ.

I'd say many believe it too much. Jesus came to bring a sword remember; and Allah demands that everyone submit, and that followers seek to achieve just that goal; a holy war.

Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

The bible states that, but then precedes to call homosexuality an abonination; just as Jesus teaches people to leave their family to follow him (whether the family is sick and hungry or not)

Some would in fact say that these Christians are traitors to the society they hate.

I would agree. They are traitors against freedom, because they expect their sinister preaching to be respected because it's coated with charity; kindness and giving. And they critise atheists; who are just as capable of charity, kindness and giving, that's hypocrisy; and they preach this because they believe they are doing "good" because it comes from "GOD" (NO! it comes from ancient men who wrote books)

In the old tribal days, and even today, those who do not believe as Evangelicals, literalists and conservative Christians do, would see these as traitors and haters and would get their backs up, as most humans being would automatically do, and hate these Christian traitors right back. It is no wonder then, and some ancients would say quite fittingly, that these traitors should be fed to the lions. Hate being returned for the hate that these Christians show to society.

I don't think we should hate them individually, but we should hate what they do, and how they act; and we should inform people, educate people, make people aware.

It is not too surprising then to see why Christians were persecuted in the old days. They deserved it as far as the other tribes were concerned as they were showing hate for all others in wishing and praying for their death in this life as well as everlasting torture for eternity in the next.

Have you studied history, any of the last 2000 years; religious persecution, it's association with right-wing fascist groups. Have you heard what the Catholic preists are preaching in Uganda? It's all a faith-based nightmare; and the worse thing is; under the doctrine of God; people believing they are doing the "greater good".

Evangelicals and followers of Jesus should thank God that they live in a world that has lost some of it’s tribal ways, not themselves of course, and society allow these who hate them so much, to remain untouched in today’s environment.

I find it amusing that the word of God is declared as absolute, yet it cannot keep up with us; it cannot keep up with common sense. Not one commandment forbids slavery and Jesus certainly didn't speak out against it. And homophobia is inherently ripe.

Are these Evangelicals and literalist believers the Anti-Christ of scripture?

They follow scripture too closely, you can corroborate their prejudices with scripture and bible excerpts.
edit on 29-6-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
Religion is the biggest conspiracy of all time.. Sorry to everyone attached to a specific faith.

You got any proof? Or is this an opportunity to attack with an irrelevant statement off-topic to the OP?

hmmmm
hmmm
hmm
hm

Hey OP I somewhat agree with them.

I want the end to come. But, not because of hate, but because the World sucks dude. I want God to cleanse it and start it anew. Sure we got technology and we created some good stuff. I dunno what I'm gonna do without NFL, NBA... Xbox.. but in reality, we created weapons of mass destruction. We have created a scoiety that worships money and sex.

violience is on all sides across sees and in our cities.

If God allowed this to continue, which he will, we are gonna destroy our selves by a succession of bombs going off or martial law because you can't control the people today.

I want the world to be cleaned in that sense, but, I want noone in hell.

later op.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Can we define 'Christian' for the purposes of this thread, before we go any further?

If for example, by 'Christian' we mean 'a true follower of Christ' then few to none of the 70 million evangelicals screaming for God to bless Israel get the title. I believe in this case most of the remaining argumentation can safely be dismissed.

If we mean the term 'Christian' in a cultural sense, then that more or less used to mean anyone born in a Christian country. Today, obviously, that's rather harder to determine.

The meaning of a word is not in the word, but in the mind. How then are we going to define 'Christian'?

Seeing as the object of this type of thread is generally to hate Christians, who are we supposed to be hating exactly? A definition would be quite helpful.

Of course soon we will no longer have this problem, as Christians will be persecuted and rounded up, at which point a 'Chrstian' will be anyone who testifies that Jesus is Lord in the face of torture and death. Undoubtedly, that won't leave very many of them around.

You will find all the others will no longer be 'Christians', and will stop confessing anything related to Christ.

Which of these two groups are we bashing?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruthh

You got any proof? Or is this an opportunity to attack with an irrelevant statement off-topic to the OP?

hmmmm
hmmm
hmm
hm

I want the end to come. But, not because of hate, but because the World sucks dude. I want God to cleanse it and start it anew. Sure we got technology and we created some good stuff. I dunno what I'm gonna do without NFL, NBA... Xbox.. but in reality, we created weapons of mass destruction. We have created a scoiety that worships money and sex.

If God allowed this to continue, which he will, we are gonna destroy our selves by a succession of bombs going off or martial law because you can't control the people today.

later op.

The fact that you take that as an attack shows me no matter what evidence you are presented with you will turn a blind eye to it because you are so locked to your religion.

Do I have proof it's a conspiracy?
Yes. didn't say god wasn't real or what ever but there is no proof of that either.

The world probably is coming to an end but it's not going to be the doing of what you call god.
edit on 29-6-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Enjoyed your approach to this and it's sets well with my take on all this. An example of this was last week on another site. The title got to me, so I opened it up. It was about the ending of the earth by meteors or similar. But it was also slanted to the fundamental church view.

As I read the replies of which there was many, most from like minded Christians, I got very upset with the mind set that was shown there. Here they were talking about world wide suffering and death from many angles, people dying horribly, and they were ecstatic, absolutely praising one another and the lord for this grand event. They also made it clear that only those few chosen would come through it fine and the rest of us would get the shaft.

I replied and asked how seemingly good people could be so callus about the world being destroyed and so many people suffering and dying. Being polite as I am, the author did respond in a positive way from his view and I felt he opened his door for me to enter into this insanity. I did not, I love this world and mankind and will take my chances with the sane.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

The word Evangelical meant something back in the sixteen and seventeen hundreds and it had to do with how one interpreted the Gospel.
The term fell into disuse and was later picked up and re-branded near the end of the nineteenth century with backing from wealthy individuals who wanted to create a new form of Christianity that would support the Rothschild's push for the creation of a Jewish state in Palestine.
So, yes, today's religion masquerading under the stolen name Evangelical is a warmongering minioun of the antichrist and is the beast of revelation that ushers in Armageddon.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Before one looks for the anti-christ in others, it is wise to subdue the anti-christ within themselves. Only then can one see clearly that which is lost.

Interestingly, Christ never spoke of an Anti-Christ. Satan, false teachers, deceivers, and the like were mentioned, but no singular being who would seek to supplant his teachings. If anyone would know of such a being coming into the game, Christ would or should have known. Even when he knew his own followers would not maintain his teachings after his death he did not declare them "Anti-Christs". He forgave them and told them to go ahead and do what they were going to do.

31And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: 32But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren. 33And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death.

34And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me. 35And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. 37For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end. 38And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Reading the Bible as a personal story designed to illuminate the reader by placing him/herself in the key character role, one can plainly see that the anti-christ is nothing more than the internal struggle with our own selfish nature. Eh, but what do I know.

Some food for thought on the subject...

Rise of the Anti Christ

We'll know soon enough I reckon...

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBirdisDone
Wow, a very interesting and thought provoking post. Usually I steer out of these threads. What I thought when I clicked in, was more of a literal view of the world "anti" - I thought well they certainly "steal" the Christ Love from others by setting such a poor example. So in some ways they function as the "anti" for just that reason, many uninformed see these in your face misguided types and think that is what it is all about - and that is a shame really. If they are the light upon the hill is is the big fire they are stoking in which to toss the rest of us that don't conform to their misguided views. Sad really. They steal a lot of joy.
edit on 29-6-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: (no reason given)

Mostly from those they are closest to unfortunately.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ExistentialNightmare

Thanks for this friend.
We are on the same page.
Fight on brother.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruthh

hmmmm
hmmm
hmm
hm

later op.

Yep. Nothing like a good genocide against mankind for some alien God to make us tow the line.

BTW. If you check most of the markers we use for evil, like slavery and violent crimes, you might note that they are all basically at the best they have ever been. Your pessimism is not justified. look again for the first time.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by D377MC

Can we define 'Christian' for the purposes of this thread, before we go any further?

If for example, by 'Christian' we mean 'a true follower of Christ' then few to none of the 70 million evangelicals screaming for God to bless Israel get the title. I believe in this case most of the remaining argumentation can safely be dismissed.

If we mean the term 'Christian' in a cultural sense, then that more or less used to mean anyone born in a Christian country. Today, obviously, that's rather harder to determine.

The meaning of a word is not in the word, but in the mind. How then are we going to define 'Christian'?

Seeing as the object of this type of thread is generally to hate Christians, who are we supposed to be hating exactly? A definition would be quite helpful.

Of course soon we will no longer have this problem, as Christians will be persecuted and rounded up, at which point a 'Chrstian' will be anyone who testifies that Jesus is Lord in the face of torture and death. Undoubtedly, that won't leave very many of them around.

You will find all the others will no longer be 'Christians', and will stop confessing anything related to Christ.

Which of these two groups are we bashing?

All who believe in fantasy, miracles and magic and base their lives on it.

I do agree with what you have said about Christians not walking their talk. Most are hypocrites.

As to a better description of a true Christian, even they do not agree with each other.

Regards
DL.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sailormon
Enjoyed your approach to this and it's sets well with my take on all this. An example of this was last week on another site. The title got to me, so I opened it up. It was about the ending of the earth by meteors or similar. But it was also slanted to the fundamental church view.

As I read the replies of which there was many, most from like minded Christians, I got very upset with the mind set that was shown there. Here they were talking about world wide suffering and death from many angles, people dying horribly, and they were ecstatic, absolutely praising one another and the lord for this grand event. They also made it clear that only those few chosen would come through it fine and the rest of us would get the shaft.

I replied and asked how seemingly good people could be so callus about the world being destroyed and so many people suffering and dying. Being polite as I am, the author did respond in a positive way from his view and I felt he opened his door for me to enter into this insanity. I did not, I love this world and mankind and will take my chances with the sane.

A wise choice.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

The word Evangelical meant something back in the sixteen and seventeen hundreds and it had to do with how one interpreted the Gospel.
The term fell into disuse and was later picked up and re-branded near the end of the nineteenth century with backing from wealthy individuals who wanted to create a new form of Christianity that would support the Rothschild's push for the creation of a Jewish state in Palestine.
So, yes, today's religion masquerading under the stolen name Evangelical is a warmongering minioun of the antichrist and is the beast of revelation that ushers in Armageddon.

Those bad boys. Let's not tax their churches as we like them promoting hate.

I have just finished Jesus for the Non-Religious by J S Spong.

You may like what he has to say as much of it calls for a return to thinking of Jesus as an archetype and placing our focus of biblical understanding on the older Jewish take of God.

It is a non-literal take and Jesus is a man only. No divinity.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Your view of us going into the Bible and thinking of ourselves as archetypes may be more correct than you think.

Especially if you apply a rite of passage to Eden.

Regards
DL

new topics
top topics

join