It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMF warns of US default if deal is not reached

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

www.newstalk.ie

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has warned of a default by the United States of America if politicians cannot agree on new borrowing limits.

The administration of US President Barack Obama is locked in a dispute with Republicans over its efforts to lift the US$14.3 (€9.9) trillion ceiling on US national debt.

That limit has already been reached.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Strong words, but it must be said that they do suit the state of the US economy. It doesn't take a genius to understand that lifting the debt ceiling is only a temporary solution. The fundamental problems are not going to be solved by increasing the debt ceiling. I wonder how much more pressure the dollar can resist.

www.newstalk.ie

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Breaking news: "International Mafia Federation" wants the golden gate bridge and all the rest of yer' bridges, railways, water systems and tower blocks in exchange for more fiat funny money that the Federal Reserve will print and hand-over to the IMF to bail out wall street....

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

www.newstalk.ie

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has warned of a default by the United States of America if politicians cannot agree on new borrowing limits.

The administration of US President Barack Obama is locked in a dispute with Republicans over its efforts to lift the US$14.3 (€9.9) trillion ceiling on US national debt.

That limit has already been reached.

Who cares... the IMF is nothing more than an arm of the Fed anyway. There would be no IMF if it wasn't for the secret bailout that the Fed gave them funded by the US taxpayer. Besides, the IMF should worry more about their leadership trying to rape hotel workers, instead of what goes on in the halls of Congress.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Where do we go from here?
The words are coming out all weird
Where are you now, when I need you
Alone on an aeroplane
Fall asleep on against the window pane
My blood will thicken

I need to wash myself again to hide all the dirt and pain
'Cause I'd be scared that there's nothing underneath
But who are my real friends?
Have they all got the bends?
Am I really sinking this low?

My baby's got the bends, oh no
We don't have any real friends, no, no, no

Just lying in the bar with my drip feed on
Talking to my girlfriend, waiting for something to happen
I wish it was the sixties, I wish we could be happy
I wish, I wish, I wish that something would happen

The planet is a gunboat in a sea of fear
And where are you?
They brought in the CIA, the tanks and the whole marines
To blow me away, to blow me sky high

My baby's got the bends
We don't have any real friends

Just lying in the bar with my drip feed on
Talking to my girlfriend, waiting for something to happen
I wish it was the sixties, I wish we could be happy
I wish, I wish, I wish that something would happen

I wanna live, breathe
I wanna be part of the human race
I wanna live, breathe
I wanna be part of the human race, race, race, race

Radiohead

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
A chess opening...
Let's see how the game evolves.
edit on 29-6-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: correctness

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
When the IMF rattles their ledger, the banks whinny and buck. Once that happens the career politicians fret over the party's funding... because that's "what it's all about."

The IMF is not an arm of the Fed... the Fed is an arm of the global banking cartel that we are not supposed to realize exists. The IMF is their marketing, propaganda, and "protection money" mouthpiece. They are the folks that threaten to mass trade technicalities and obstacles to any country that refuses to incur debt on behalf of their people.

The solution they propose for the US is to "OWE" more..... yeah.. that'll help.

edit on 29-6-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
So what would happen if we just say "Yeah, we are not paying."

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
And?

What is the IMF going to do? Nothing!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater
So what would happen if we just say "Yeah, we are not paying."

Here's the problem, if we don't pay we can't play.

The whole world has bought into their economic theological doctrine that says they create the money and we borrow it. If we don;t pay, they will tell all the banks to lock us down. Since we have no national currency of our own, and most of our pinhead leaders are their lapdogs, they will cover their faces in ashes and walk the streets wailing and rending their clothes. "Doom! Doom!," They will cry out.. "There's no confidence in the dollar!"

Of course, in their minds, and by their rules, that means they can't control intrastate trade and the IRS is out of business. With the IRS out of business the FED won;t be able to suck up the trillion dollars in taxes which they get every year to service the national debt. "Default, default!" they will cry... "bad America, BAD! No revenue for you! We own everything!" And the politicians will quickly enact the "Continuity of Governance" plan that authorizes the suspension of the Constitution and state seizure of property will run rampant. Mostly public land and natural resources will be portioned off to the global robber barons (who control it all anyway) - now they won't have to pretend they aren't the economic royalty that they have become since they bought or blackmailed the crown and the free legislators of the world.

Other countries will have to be controlled quickly once that happens, because many of them are unlikely to be as stupid as to think their elected leaders are there to protect and represent them. So it will likely mark a scene reminiscent of cockroaches scurrying for cover as the light turns on. Banks will add to their arsenal not only the monopoly on currency and interest rates with control of the monetary policy they have now, but will then add "fiscal" policy control ... they will determine what to spend and when - as well as how much. No more voting... no more 'approving' ... they can't have one country screwing up their actuarial Ponzi scheme for the 'owners' of the game.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The IMF are economic hit men. The US debt is so high not even the IMF has enough funds to put us into indentured servitude.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Is a whole bunch of bull crap and propaganda the ones doing the propganda are the biggest stake holders of the IMF and for those that have not idea US is the single largest holder of the IMF, so is not the IMF the one doing the warning is the USA doing the warning in congress.

The USA government needs the funding for the IMF so they can keep using tax payer money to bribe nations that do not provide or contribute to anything related to the USA citizens but does to the big private interst involved.

People read my lips the IMF is the USA

moneymorning.com...

Why the New IMF Chief Will Cost U.S. Taxpayers Billions

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Republicans want a default so they can use the finacial crissis to go after and cut social security and medicade/medicare. They couldn't privitize it under Bush so they'll go for it another way.

As the late George Carlin said "Next they're comin for your social security and you know what they'll get it".

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Social Security has already been looted several times over by the scum in Congress.
Social Security is a ponzi scheme that is collasping right now.
Social Security will not be here very much longer.

Good riddance to the most crippling, soul-sucking, money-grubbing, ponzi scheme ever devised. Congress should be ashamed to parade this criminal organization before the American people as if it where a gift from God.

Stop the SS.
edit on 29-6-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Your post is the truest in this thread. It is amazing people on this so-called conspiracy forum are so deluded and don’t understand that the Republicans are the lead flunkies of the NWO. In other words THE ONLY WAY TO FIGHT THE GLOBALISTS IS TO DEFEAT THE REPUBLICAN PARTY AND THEN DEFEAT WHAT THEY THROW AT US NEXT!

Amazing the people on ATS for the most part don’t understand that.

edit on 29-6-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno

Social Security has already been looted several times over by the scum in Congress.
Social Security is a ponzi scheme that is collasping right now.
Social Security will not be here very much longer.

Good riddance to the most crippling, soul-sucking, money-grubbing, ponzi scheme ever devised. Congress should be ashamed to parade this criminal organization before the American people as if it where a gift from God.

Stop the SS.
edit on 29-6-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)
Yeah how about we throw all the old people out on the street that count on it. Better yet lets just enslave them at fast food joints.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
All this anger at the NWO and IMF by the people here is a waste of time as long as you don’t fight those in America who are doing there bidding.

If you don’t and only call them names and believe the political system is not relevant than you will loose and go down

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
What would happen if we started bombarding these criminals with emails and letters. I mean get down right unruly with them, and call them what they really are, lets spread our hatred towards them so that they can hear our feelings right from the source. Doubt it would make a difference but it sure in the hell would make me feel better.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Cant play? you mean we cant play with a currency system were renting in the first place because the country ALREADY defaulted in 1933?

This fictional crisis has costed more then common sense.. it already shows we as a peopla are manipulated by fake, worthless, systems, that while in the interum facilitate a "game" of economics and not a true science.

So what if they lock us down from the banks? Who needs the banks? we have a treasury that can use the same stupid trick theyve used in fiat and computer accounting, also an entire corporate arm of accountants to help keep track of labor and increase of gdp (the irs)

Id say let it happen man. Lets just see if obama does the kennedy thing or the Lincolin thing and start printing a federal currency backed on our labor.

We will buy back the country in no time.

but of COURSE they dont want that. so this BS is there to scare you into being afriad of yet another boogeyman.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
No ****ing duh. Look at the debt. Do you think the US will ever pay it?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join