It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women help fuel demand for concealed gun permits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Women help fuel demand for concealed gun permits

www.mlive.com

Companies are making holsters designed for bras and skirts, and pistols small enough to go unnoticed. And where you live has a lot to do with how many might be in use.

About one in six concealed weapon holders in Michigan is a woman
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Only one in six... I thought it would be much higher???

when I was first married my grandmother gave my wife a derringer that came with a garter holster.... Not as a joke but even way back then the ladies knew we men weren't always there to protect them... and they shouldn't need to rely on a man... not in matters of their own safety and that of their children....

yup even being the old man I am I'm all for anything that empowers women

and as for that bra holster??? it's called a flashbang bra

www.mlive.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29-6-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
to add yet another instructional vid I found this really well made one... from a lady...

[qoute]This video shows an assortment of my various Ruger LCR holsters, which I use to conceal carry on a daily basis. I do have my CPL/CCW and know how hard it is for a girl to conceal a gun comfortably in public, so I hope to show other females that there truly are lots of concealed carry options available that will work for us! Find holster write-ups and more at my site, www.faliaphotography.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Women shouldn't be aloud to drive let alone carry a gun... Just kidding 1 in 6 seem like a surprisingly high number.. Most girls I know don't like being around guns and I'm from Texas.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It's a shame with all this talk of equality and liberation so many women, young one's especially, are playing into the passive submissive air head roll more than ever.

Teach them real independence and empowerment. Not the spoon fed "pink" kind that seems to pass these days.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I started taking my girls out into the woods with me when they were little... now grown they still have a love of hunting fishing or just being outdoors... nowadays it's my granddaughter who runs off, "Grandpa hurry come see" on our early morning walks when she's bigger... and provided I'm still breathing... I already have a rifle little .22 picked out to start teaching her...

it's the parents not genetics... who have the most influence on their kids.... nothing wrong with barbies or fancy dresses as long as it's balanced with other things... more practical real life things... and teaching them how to defend themselves does wonders to alleviate fear from their lives.... Of course my mothers weapon of choice was an old sweep broom... many times I found myself huddled in a corner being whacked.... yup an angry mom with a sweep broom is a terrible force of nature to be sure
edit on 29-6-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
My GF has a very expensive Beretta Tomcat in her purse. Probably not the best place if time is a factor.

That holster looks like a nice peace of kit.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this info for our lady members. I feel safer in public knowing that more law abiding citizens are carry concealed, men and women alike. It makes me feel better about my unarmed family members in public as well. I'm surprised its 1 in 6 myself as even the ratio of men I know that carry is not even close to that high.
edit on 29-6-2011 by wiandiii because: for content

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wiandiii

Remember that one in six number is women who took the trouble to get the permit...
but in the days and weeks that follow a big news story about rape murder and kidnapping... I bet you there a lot more gun packing mommas out there then the official numbers show

new topics

top topics

join