It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling Helpless!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Where to begin?

I've been on this Earth for 25 years. I've experienced going from an innocent time to war. I have been around war since I was 8 living in Iraq. I was there for operation desert storm which my father served in, it was mandatory.

I moved to Canada when I was about 10 which was the best move ever! But now that I am old enough to comprehend the world around me it makes me feel so helpless! It seems as though we have a growing number of disasters, wars, and ignorant people. You try to tell people but no one listens. It is like they are stuck in their own bubble trying to make money and collect property.

What good is all that money and property if you can't enjoy it anymore?!

All I keep thinking about is when will humanity learn to take responsibility? I understand I am apart of that humanity as anyone else and I would love to make a change but like many others I don't know how! No one listens and no one heeds any warnings that have been before us.

It seems like all the religions are leading to our assured destruction. Every religion has an end time which I believe we could be leading up to.

Maybe I should just sit back and enjoy the implosion of our once so beautiful world. Maybe I should just go out and enjoy the world as it is right now because the future is uncertain.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
earth is at her limits ... our resources are streched thin .. everyone is getting more hungry , everyone needs more energy , economy collapse is just around the corner . natural disasters are going rampid , greed is getting higher , middle class being wiped out

its a ticking time bomb waiting to go off

want my adivce?

get your self a nice job . save your money and start building your SHTF bunker . Atleast you will be prepared with your family when things go down . That way you can atleast survive 6 months long enough for the rest of the world to self eradicate it self. Then come out and start over a new society

you should feel helpless we all do . But its the fools who don't prepare that its gonna hurt the most .

We warned , we yelled , we cried , we shed . but they did not listien .

let them have the cake of destruction

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Where you are "helpless" is in changing other people. Your own words show this.

Change yourself. Live YOUR life. Follow your own path. That is where your responsibility is.

That way, you are not part of the problem, and it's healthier and happier for you.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Eric Idle (Monty Python) said it best with ''Always look on the Bright side of Life''.

All you can do is educate yourself, talk to others (do not dictate) and enjoy what you can in Life. If others do not listen, that is their perogative.

Be true, be kind and always floss. Peace.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
You are way too young to feel like that.

The "End of the World" physco-babble has been around forever.

I wish you would talk to a professional.

It kind of scares me to see such negativity in a very young person.

edit on 29-6-2011 by whyamIhere because: pre 98 bubba

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LHP666

But the thing is I feel each human is capable of more than they commit to. All we need is something to point us to that direction. I try to look at how past leaders rose to power and how they influenced the world. It seems as though everyone of them is delusional and an ego-maniac.

I am not an ego-maniac but I feel I can change the world. The only problem is how...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

My friend, I am never negative but I see the world for what it is. Myself, I am a positive upbeat type of person who goes with the flow. But the world doesn't seem to be that way. The world seems to be in a self-destructive mode and each person can help make it better.

People don't understand how important it is for us to change our ways. I talk to people my age and they seem to brush it off and drink another drink or smoke another joint.

The next generation seems to be full of idiots who don't understand the world past their iPhone.

I think we failed as a society and as a community to help people understand.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

OK, I see your point...

You are obviously very bright. Don't be so quick to sell your "Generation" out.

I can agree it is depressing to see everyone with their nose stuck in a phone.

However, I have always believed one man can make a difference.

Soon it will be your time to shine........Batter up.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

People in general don't give a damn. You're finding that out now.

And you said that you "go with the flow"? Why not direct that flow instead of going along with it?

If you want to find out how world leaders lead, read Hitler's Mein Kampf. You can find it online.
That is how they lead.
ETA Pay particular attention to his chapter on propaganda and who it is targeted towards.
edit on 29-6-2011 by LHP666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Forgive me for saying this, but you got to toughing up. Don't let the world's problems bring you down, evil is approaching it's highest peak. People will only get more greedy, but that doesn't mean you can't still make a difference. Stand up for what you believe, speak against what you think is false. Those are the only things one can really do in this day and age.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I wouldnt worry too much about our beautiful earth. It will be here long after we're gone, as it was, long before we came.

As for the people? I think its inevitable. We like to blame TPTB for everything, but we're all responsible for letting it get this far.

The apathy I encounter, makes me more inclined to sit back and just watch... but my humanity still tries to tell them "at least" to have some extra water on hand, canned goods, that sort of thing because it can't hurt.

As for myself? I'm not sure I want to survive, depends on the situation. But having this feeling, makes me understand a little more about why they choose the bubble.

A lot of situations we can't do anything about, and the ones we could have - we missed the window of opportunity. When all is said and done, some people will just refuse to live without their cars and cellphones and ipods and.... well you get what I mean. They enjoy today and don't want to live through tomorrow.

top topics

join