It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Ward on earths mass extinctions(no e.t.?/ H2S real cause for extiction? & turn a mammal into r

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Wow stumbled on this while on the TED sight 20 min vid but really interesting. Could be the reason people are seeing reptile people on t.v. .What if the elite are using some sort of H2S exposure experiments to survive the ever increasing co2 levels? Sounds like this guy knows what he is talking about unless just trying to sell books. check out this vid and see what you think made me raise an eyebrow. www.ted.com...
edit on 29-6-2011 by buddybaney because: tried to embed vid and couldnt

edit on 29-6-2011 by buddybaney because: spelling

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddybaney
width="446" height="326"> "http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="446" height="326" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talks/dynamic/PeterWard_2008-medium.flv&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/PeterWard-2008. embed_thumbnail.jpg&vw=432&vh=240&ap=0&ti=440&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=peter_ward_on_mass_extinctions; year=2008;theme=animals_that_amaze;theme=a_greener_future;theme=bold_predictions_stern_warnings;theme=medicine_without_borders;theme=technology_histor y_and_destiny;event=TED2008;tag=Global+Issues;tag=Science;tag=disease;tag=environment;tag=history;tag=life;tag=space;">

Please fix that link, i'd like to see that vid..

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Luzifer

put up link couldnt figure out how to embed if anyone knows how go ahead thank you

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddybaney
reply to post by Luzifer

put up link couldnt figure out how to embed if anyone knows how go ahead thank you

Here you go....

Peace

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Thank you . this guy goes from no aliens to explaining the five mass extinctions to we need to use H2S to survive next extinction event. Gets really weird but if you really think about all that's going on makes perfect sense that those in "the know" could be getting prepared in ways we never would have thought of.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by buddybaney

Watching it now.......will be back with an opinion.

Thanks for sharing.

Peace

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I can't watch videos at work, but this makes no sense at all

Shallows seas becoming anaerobic - for a variety/combination of reasons - are believed to be one of the major factors behind some previous mass extinction events (there have been more than 5). Most famously the P/T Extinction. Under such conditions, hydrogen sulphide forms.

Why then would hydrogen sulphide prevent another mass extinction - especially the current one which is not due to widespread anaerobic conditions in the oceans but rather to widespread habitat loss in all regions due to human activity?

Or is the idea to use it to wipe out the human plague and thus prevent further extinction?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Sounds like the perfect way to get a human across space by inducing a suspended "death", very Sigourney Weaver!

I am not sure how this video explains how we will survive the next H2S increase, especially once the next Reptilian Expansion begins. I do not see how a mammal could function as a reptile in this extreme when our lives are so short; could our fore-bearers have managed to hibernate long enough to survive or did the body just change how the cells metabolize H2S?

I am not sure I got any answers at all. Can any of our Scientists elaborate?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hmmm...Im not sold on the H2S idea. Im in the oil industry and before we do any jobs we have to check for H2S content. If the H2S content is over 5ppm we have to take special precations and if its over 10ppm we have to wear SCBA (self contained breathing apparatus). So this guy saying lets give people 80ppm of H2S definetly doesnt sound like a good idea. H2S is extremely deadly.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

i always thought so too here is another article about its use.They found that 75 percent of rats (18 of 24) given inhaled hydrogen sulfide and 67 percent of rats (eight of 12) given intravenous hydrogen sulfide survived at least two weeks – the duration of the monitoring period – after losing more than half of their blood for an extended period. In contrast, long-term survival rates for the untreated rats in the two control groups were 23 percent (three of 13) and 14 percent (one of seven), respectively.

"Our goal is to develop life-saving treatment for critically ill people suffering from acute, sustained blood loss, such as in a car accident or on the battlefield," said senior author Roth. "These findings have obvious implications for the military, but they also have tremendous implications for the civilian population."
so it seems under the right conditions and usage some how it preserves life her is the link to entire article www.science20.com...

new topics

top topics

join