It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea shuts down universities for 10 months

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

North Korea shuts down universities for 10 months

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/8602525/North-Korea-shuts-down-universities-for-10-months.html]www.telegraph.co.uk[/url ]

Pyongyang has told the North Korean people that the nation will have achieved its aim of becoming "a great, prosperous and powerful nation" in 2012, which marks the 100th anniversary of the founder of the reclusive state, Kim Il-sung.

In addition, Kim Jong-il will turn 70 in February and the "Dear Leader" hopes to be able to transfer his power and an economically stronger nation to his son and heir-apparent, Kim Jong-Un.

Reports in South Korea indicated that the government in Pyongyang on Monday ordered all universities to cancel classes until April of next year. The only exemptions
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
So this is Kim's answer to the countries problems...... Promote ignorance, deny education... Typical.

Although it doesn't surprise me, it angers me that these people have ZERO chance at prosperity. Someone needs to pick little Kim and his boys up by the neck, and throw them out.

The people of North Korea have no chance at a normal life, with this little mad man at the helm.

How about employing the unemployed?? How about employing convicts?? The last choice should be canceling education.

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/8602525/North-Korea-shuts-down-universities-for-10-months.html]www.telegraph.co.uk[/url ]

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

LOL and yet N-Korea is more advanced in the sciences than many nations around the globe. N-Koreans are very smart, and it kinda makes some Americans jealous because the starving people of Korea is still moving forward even though US has pointed all its nukes at it, implemented scientific research ban and trade bans.

I have read some of your posts, and it is typical MSM propaganda, I don't blame you, but I do like the laugh.

North Korea has been planning this for a while, and it coincides with the construction of the economic zone. This will be very interesting, can't wait to see what N-Korea will unveil in 2012. This next giant step for N-Korea makes me wonder.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShaunHatfield

So this is Kim's answer to the countries problems...... Promote ignorance, deny education... Typical.

Although it doesn't surprise me, it angers me that these people have ZERO chance at prosperity. Someone needs to pick little Kim and his boys up by the neck, and throw them out.

The people of North Korea have no chance at a normal life, with this little mad man at the helm.

How about employing the unemployed?? How about employing convicts?? The last choice should be canceling education.

Well, since they can no longer afford to fund education if they want to feed their functionaries, it stands to reason they'll shut down the universities.... Of course, they will never state the real reason, because the planning of the "Dear Leader" is never wrong.

By the way, there are no unemployed in North Korea... only lazy undesirables.
And the convicts are slave labor to produce some of the 'rock bottom'-priced goods which China imports and then sells to us.

While it is convenient for diplomats, politicians. and the media, don't fall for the illusion that the "Dear Leader" actually 'decides' anything. That crap ended with Kim Il Song. The 'inheritors' inherited the 'party rule' that reigns supreme all over the world.... they are figureheads kept fat dumb and happy for show and to have a face to associate with the image of a nation of people united under one 'glorious' super genius.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
This seems to me like it would have the complete opposite effect.

If i was told i would have to wait an extra 10 months to get my degree by my government i would take to the streets.

Talk about angering the young people!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
www.cia.gov...

Interesting info at the CIA on NK.

They are closing the universities and sending students to work in a bid to help their economy. Why? because they can.

www.aysor.am...

mdn.mainichi.jp...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
South korea, japan, US should invade NK before its too late. China will not accept it but who cares they cant do anything anyway.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak

LOL and yet N-Korea is more advanced in the sciences than many nations around the globe. N-Koreans are very smart, and it kinda makes some Americans jealous because the starving people of Korea is still moving forward even though US has pointed all its nukes at it, implemented scientific research ban and trade bans.

I have read some of your posts, and it is typical MSM propaganda, I don't blame you, but I do like the laugh.

North Korea has been planning this for a while, and it coincides with the construction of the economic zone. This will be very interesting, can't wait to see what N-Korea will unveil in 2012. This next giant step for N-Korea makes me wonder.

I'm guessing your avatar words were intended to be in red rather than "pinko," but the darker shad wouldn't show up?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Interesting choice to make right now...
North Korea...its always got something up its sleeve.

They are also threatening a nuclear "holy war" against the South now...

Tensions on the Korean pensinsula were at their most dangerous level since the 1950-53 war today when North Korea threatened to use nuclear weapons in a "holy war" against its neighbour after South Korean tanks, jets and artillery carried out one of the largest live-fire drills in history close to the border.

www.guardian.co.uk...

edit on 29-6-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

NKorea people needs a leader to bring down the Kim family. Problem is there's no one willing to help the NKorea people. Anyone who says wrong about the gov't gets the worse. Themselves, their immediate family, and extended family are thrown into the gulag. That is tough. It is no wonder NKoreans have tolerated this brutality for this long. The leaders have no worries because they're living like fat pigs. No one help from within.

That most recent video a NKorean reporter sneaked out was pretty scary and strange. Kids soot in dirt begging from food. Half of a soldier's unit malnourished. How much can the people take? Can they successfully pull off a coup? If many soldiers are suffering along with the people, it may take a little more hardships for them to rise against their oppressive gov't.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Hmm ..

Philosophical question:

What is "Prosperity" .. is it simply being happy in the country you reside regardless of material wealth?

Or is it plenty of paper representations of wealth while surrounding yourself instead of human contact with cheap plastic crap made by slaves in China? And Prozac. Can't have prosperity without Prozac.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I wonder what they teach in their universities? I doubt anything they teach is remotely true.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

You shouldn't feel too bad about them cancelling education. Kids that are able to go to the universites in that country are only the elites anyway. Their normal citizens are in and was in survival mode since Kim Jong Ill's father past in the 90s. I'm not saying he's father was a great man but at least his father provided basic necessities to his people. This is one #ed up country. If you say anything bad about the leader, your whole family will get sent to one of their many concentration camps for three generations. Out of all the countries, this country needs a revolution the most...

new topics

top topics

join