It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Greens Leader "Bob Brown" calls publicly for a One World Government

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

AUSTRALIA has a rich culture. It is the Australian culture.

Are you blind?

edit to add: link to Australian Culture. Wiki link , yes but it is the easiest way to identify to the laymen.

Australian Culture

edit on 1-7-2011 by guessing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

lifecitizen point i believe was white australian culture, correct me if i'm wrong.
You link just proved her point, its goes on about adoriginal culture, western anglo culture. but not a great deal about white australian culture. Cultural icons like opera house wasn't designed/made by us. Have a beer, throw some shrimp on the bbq, catch a barra, wear your thongs stubbies and singlet arren,t great examples of culture. Dead horse tomato sauce, sky rocket in the poket mate.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by crikeyoioioi

crikey your sharp.

If you and others fail to identify Australian culture, then it is not my place to educate you.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

i love aussies and the way we are, but if you ask a tourist what their opinion of oz was before they arrived they would say we ride around on kangeroos, live in tin shacks, drink heaps of beer, swear and walk around in singlets stubbies and thongs. Aussie yobo as such. As a aussie about many other countries culture and they can be clearly defined as cultures not like ours. Only clearly definable culture in australia is the aboriginal one as its evolved over alot longer than 200 and they didn't have the west to copy. Nice baseball cap and nike runners you wear, typical australian culture lol.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

sharp enough to know the definition of culture but i'm GUESSING you ain't. Our lifestyle is different to alot in the west but that isn't culture. Our housing, clothing, music, dance style, art style etcetc isn't. Can't come up with educated responses so we put people down instead, nice one guessing.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I can ssume you have travelled all around the world? Seen lots of different cultures and societies?

We have a very clear culture. It is Australian. To say we do not have one is sharp.

Is suggesting you are sharp a put down? I provided a reference to Australian culture and all you got out of it was about indigenous australians?

Really have a think about our culture then maybe post something about your thoughts.

As I said I am not here to provided lessons in culture and diverstity in Australia.

I might provide a resource paper or something like that though.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by crikeyoioioi

lifecitizen point i believe was white australian culture, correct me if i'm wrong.
You link just proved her point, its goes on about adoriginal culture, western anglo culture. but not a great deal about white australian culture. Cultural icons like opera house wasn't designed/made by us. Have a beer, throw some shrimp on the bbq, catch a barra, wear your thongs stubbies and singlet arren,t great examples of culture. Dead horse tomato sauce, sky rocket in the poket mate.

that was my point

Anthing indigenous Australia, is not our culture.

Meat pies, Holden cars,the BBQ and the odd furry animal. such defining points of our culture

We dont even own the biggest icon, we sold out.

Even famous people quoted in the wiki link dont count- they don't live here. (Paul Hogan, Barry Humphries)

A surfing culture, also mentioned in the link is hardly unique to Australia- and only a small percent of the population actually even goes to the beach, let alone surfs.

Our culture is multicultural, read the first paragraph of your link Guessing.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

i'm guessing your a politician as you take a few small bits of someone elses comments use it for your arguement and avoid the rest trying to talk around it. My 2 year old just woke up so i think i should spend some time with him, will probably learn more and get more sense out of him. You obviously didn,t read my responses nor your own link. Aboriginal culture is the only culture in australia that has strong individual cultural definition. The rest is a mix of other cultures from other countries and can't de defined as a culture on its own. Running of the bulls is part of a culture, if we started that here and did it for 200 year then the aussies could say its part of white australian culture. Do your history research, get educated.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

we do have culture, every place has culture. Ours is a mix of other, a copy. There is no such thing as a individual white australian culture. Nothing individual about it at all. Show me a australian home which has culture thats australian, or clothing that has australian culture. Music, art, etc etc etc all these things you will be able to clearly say came from another culture.

your definition of culture is abit uneducated. And the word culture means something its not a metter of opinion on what it means.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
post getting way off topic, sorry everyone

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen

Originally posted by Travlla

Noone I know is ready to hit the streets either, not even close.

One of the biggest issues facing mankind in the not so distant future will be migration.

For people here that want to keep Australia all to yourself.....good luck with that
-try not to think about how close Indonesia and New Guinea are to us, lol
edit on 30-6-2011 by lifecitizen because: addition

So you think Indonesia and PNG will invade us? they might try and they might die,the PNGDF has 2100 people all up,no fighter jets,4 patrol boats and 2 landing craft, they couldnt invade squat,The Indo's would fair better,maybe take Darwin but then what ?
You wanna see Aussie's fire up about something ? Invade us and threaten our way of life,we will come out swinging,

Aussies fire up? surely you jest. most are too fat to move.

For all those against multi culture and going on about how our culture being threatened- can I just ask what culture? as far as I'm aware we dont have one. All we are known for is Vegemite and that we drink and swear too much.
I hope none of you eat Thai, Greek, Italian, Malaysian, Lebanese etc etc food because they're not Aussie you know.

What? you don't believe we would fight against foreign military invaders? surely you jest,
Nah we have no culture,lifestyle or anything like do we? I really don't know what the hell take away food has to do with anything,do countries with "culture" not partake in eating food from other countries?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by crikeyoioioi

Our culture is multicultural, read the first paragraph of your link Guessing.

At leasty you admit there is a culture. There is hope.

Regardless of your perception of culture , we do have one, or many. Depends on your separatist agenda really.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Just my two bobs worth.
The Australian culture I mourn that is being eradicated like "koala bears is the one that silently made it mandatory to

Allow a human being to be fair minded and "to give others a fair go".

Not to take any bull# off any Uni educated snobs who gets into power by backstabbing and backhanding.

To defend ourselves against those who hate us.

To know that no ones Sh## smells better than anothers.

Never to betray your own kind for money.

Never to sell out the land that many died for .....for money.

That democracy was won by bitter battle , and not to hand over your nation to the Chinese Communists.

Never to trust the self serving self proclaimed ELITE, who have never known struggle.

BE FAIR DINKUM.

And to have a burnt snag and raw bloody onion and tomato sauce with a ice cold stubbie or six, whilst watching the sheilas bend over getting the beers from the esky.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

If you live in Australia, and you are actually Australian, go outside and go to your neighbours house, then knock on the door and ask them. There is no right or wrong answer. But at this time you will see first hand, what Australian culture is all about.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

just as asutralian as you champ. People hardly talk to their neighbours over here these days lol, everyone one to busy thinking with the me me mentality. I know australian culture well, as well as other countries, and i understand the meaning of the word as well as the context its used in at different times. You didn't understand what context life citizen was using it in. If i say there was a culture of racism towards indians in melboure last year i would be right. The word culture was used but that doesn't mean its australian culture to be racist. They say 1 in 3 of us admit to having smoked pot, you could say the is a culture of drug taking in some areas of the country but that doesn,t mean drug use is part of australian culture. Sure you don't get my point cause your always right. You must think you are to argue that saying ''crikey your sharp'' wasn't meant as a put down or a insult. I enjoy yours and everones opinion but lets all try to get along and disagree without making people feel like idiots or argue for the sake of it. Some good point drexpired
peace love and tollerance.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

What? you don't believe we would fight against foreign military invaders? surely you jest, Nah we have no culture,lifestyle or anything like do we? I really don't know what the hell take away food has to do with anything,do countries with "culture" not partake in eating food from other countries?

Of course we have a lifestyle- generally speaking we are laid back, we like to drink, we like to swear, watch the footy and cricket, have bbqs and hang out for our rostered days off.

We have an indigenous culture which we cant claim as ours.

My point with the food was, if [some] people here hate immigrants so much you would think you would have a problem with eating their food. To alot of the different nationalities here, food is a big part of their culture.

My point about how close Indonesia etc was, as global warming/climate change continues to happen, humans will be forced to migrate, just like we have always done.
There's how many of them? and how many of us?
This isnt going to happen tomorrow but there's nothing surer than earth changes and nothing surer than human migration. We are going to have to work something out before that time or we're here for the taking.
Attitudes towards refugees/ boat people will have to change, Im appalled at the lack of compassion a lot of Aussies have towards such people. ffs we all smile in the same language!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

By one world government I do not want to see a big brother, totalitarian, cybernetic dictatorship. As a realist there are many big global problems that needs a global front if they are to be addressed. There are many risks with such centralised power, but if oversight, transparency, accountability and discussion can be increased over the minimalist approach currently in play I am open to it....

You have GOT to be kidding.

If local politics can become corrupt think about the Sociopaths/Meglomaniacs that a World Government will attract. It will make local politics look like well mannered kiddies playing in a sand box.

I suggest you read The Foot and Mouth Report all the way through to see just what type of havoc a "world government" can visit upon a people. It compares an outbreak BEFORE the EU and AFTER the EU/United nations (OIE) guidelines were in place.

Heck read what FEMA did to New Orleans!!!
THE US GOVERNMENT DID NOT FAIL ITS MISSION IN THE WAKE OF HURRICANE KATRINA

The more local the government the more responsive to the wishes of the people. That is why most of the governmental power was given to the states or local government by the US Constitution. The more power the US federal government takes from the state the worse off the American people are as shown by FEMAs nonresponse to Katrina. ALL FEMA did was protect its "Turf" and PREVENT any aid from reaching the people from "Unauthorized Sources"

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

What? you don't believe we would fight against foreign military invaders? surely you jest, Nah we have no culture,lifestyle or anything like do we? I really don't know what the hell take away food has to do with anything,do countries with "culture" not partake in eating food from other countries?

Of course we have a lifestyle- generally speaking we are laid back, we like to drink, we like to swear, watch the footy and cricket, have bbqs and hang out for our rostered days off.

We have an indigenous culture which we cant claim as ours.

My point with the food was, if [some] people here hate immigrants so much you would think you would have a problem with eating their food. To alot of the different nationalities here, food is a big part of their culture.

My point about how close Indonesia etc was, as global warming/climate change continues to happen, humans will be forced to migrate, just like we have always done.
There's how many of them? and how many of us?
This isnt going to happen tomorrow but there's nothing surer than earth changes and nothing surer than human migration. We are going to have to work something out before that time or we're here for the taking.
Attitudes towards refugees/ boat people will have to change, Im appalled at the lack of compassion a lot of Aussies have towards such people. ffs we all smile in the same language!

Maybe you are the warm hearted type. I propose you take in some refugees, in your own home, give up your job so they can have one and then devote your life to educating them on your cultural ways.

If you are not prepared to do all of these things then you are full of hot air and enjoy hearing your own voice for your own pleasure.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Hey Crimvelvet, I have really appreciated a lot of your discussion as it is independent, you do your homework and you are not afraid to stick it where it needs to be stuck. On this one let me provide some clarification.

We already have a One World Government, it is done and any thinking otherwise needs some more information. From the end of WW2 the League of Nations developed and this has grown into the United Nations over the years. Where the discussion needs to go is in how this body can be improved, otherwise this body will die and along with it civilisation as things fall back into the stone age. With the global tension and issues going it there is always a potential for this.

I hold the exact same concerns of the issues surrounding the centralisation of power as you do, wither it is local, national or multinational. It is not the role of the UN to get involved with all the individual petty arguments and disagreements, but to provide structure and oversight to the larger issues affecting international coordination and cohesion. The net neutrality directive is one recent example of this, it allows each nation to sort out its own problems while keeping the channels of communication open.

Considering the divided world that the UN has had to grow up in it has had to face many difficult challenges. As a consequence power has had the upper hand over reason at times just to make a decision and get some direction moving. What I would like to see is all this '1984', big brother technology is it turn around and instead of being focused on the individual and controlled by the power structure, it is controlled by the people and focused on the power structure. People make great decisions when they are accountable, talk about it and are well informed. It is all these secrets and hidden hand influences that worry me.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

thankyou, that explains why i have this uneasy feeling of distrust for the greens, whom i used to have some respect for.

2nd

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join