It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain: Police Break Into Homes; Lecture People About Burglary Risks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It's okay, I'm from the government and I'm raping you for your own good.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
It's okay, I'm from the government and I'm raping you for your own good.

Actually, this is down to the Metropolitan Police, who are quite literally, a law unto themselves, particularly when it comes to "Policing" demonstrations using illegal means.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

I don't think you are being paranoid at all. We are being watched via cctv all over most major cities with the list growing, warrantless searches of phone records, internet activity are routine, prepaid cell phones are being made illegal absent identification, cell phones are considered fair game when visible on a traffic stop, getting groped to take a flight with the same level of security being contemplated for public venues like sporting events and concerts. All of these things have occurred and what has been the public reaction? Hardly any. Where have been the civil rights groups organizing the public and generating awareness on this topic? Non existant. Where has the media, and not just the MSM but the media generally been on this suite of outrageous violations of privacy and in many cases dignity? Nowhere to be found, certainly not in a consistent way. As far as I am concerned I am far more concerned about the growth of the government under the guise of security than I am in the value of the dollar, whats going on in Greece, public debt or any of this other nonsense they are hammering at us all day, every day. The erosion of the independance of the citizen is the real news story of the past 10 years, not some manufactured economic meltdown.

All of these things are being done to ensure our safety when in fact that the government has been unable to provide any direct corelation to enhanced security and actual public safety. There certainly has not been anything reasonable close to a democratic process regarding these measures, nor any philosphical discussion about the tradeoffs.

This breaking into your home "public service" initiative by the police is to reinforce the fact that you really are never away from the state. You are never private, your home is not your "castle" and you are and shall always be subject to seemingly wanton and random engagement by the government, under the notion of keeping you safe by the state.

All of these things are about slowly reducing the independance of the individual. In order to control you break down the individual - that has been a known tactic for centurys. Militarys have done it for centurys to create solidarity, dictators have used it for several thousand years, communists have used it to control the masses and now, surprise! The leaders of free democracys are using it.

Any weak and ineffective group will seek to break down the individual in order to maintain or expand control. The internet and social media expanse into the mainstream has made their ineffective leadership well known and that knowledge broad and deep within society. These "security" protocols are nothing more than attempts to blunt the trend of openness and global connectivity between individuals. And it is working.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I don't know how to feel about this. They did something similar in Hungary, too. Here, the government wants us to be unprepared for a police state yet in other nations... they are training citizens for it?

Mixed feelings for sure.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by DataWraith

I don't think you are being paranoid at all. We are being watched via cctv all over most major cities with the list growing, warrantless searches of phone records, internet activity are routine, prepaid cell phones are being made illegal absent identification, cell phones are considered fair game when visible on a traffic stop, getting groped to take a flight with the same level of security being contemplated for public venues like sporting events and concerts. All of these things have occurred and what has been the public reaction? Hardly any.

Between Two Ages: America's Role in the Technetronic Era by Zbigniew Brzezinski... Covers this techno backed Fascism model well... Orwell of course nailed it from the other side....

Then again... As Lazarus Long says... "Always screw up databases... every chance you get"

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

already posted on 6/24
edit on 29-6-2011 by wiandiii because: for contents

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Doesn't sound far fetched at all. This is an awesome idea.

Anyone watch the America tv show called "It takes a thief"?

Same concept. Just not cops.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

No it isn't. It seems that the intentions are fine. I would say it is sort of a violation of privacy but I think people need to realize that they arent as safe as they think from robberies.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
What next? Rape women to teach them a lesson about the dangers of getting raped?

This is insanity....or pure genius.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Now see? If you guys had firearms, and they were at risk of being shot by a startled homeowner thinking it was a REAL burglar, they wouldnt be doing that crap.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
ok, so, whats to say if one of them cops came climbing through an unsuspecting homeowner and that homeowner shot them or took a bat and busted their head open. I wonder if the authorities would convict and send the homeowner to prison?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mustangill

It would depend on British law. But I know if I lived in an area where the cops were up to that I would booby trap the hell out of a window and leave it open with a camera rolling.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Well, this is a little strange after I read the following article.

www.bbc.co.uk...

"It's quite obvious that people are entitled to use whatever force is necessary to protect themselves and their homes," Mr Clarke said.

Asked about what this would mean in practice, he said: "If an old lady finds she's got an 18 year old burgling her house and she picks up a kitchen knife and sticks it in him she has not committed a criminal offence and we will make that clear."

If an officer of the law broke into my home out of sheer concern, I wouldn't be thankful, because frankly, I would not believe he was a real police officer. I would be screaming the place down, locking myself in a room and calling the police, who would then have to come round and inform me that this was in fact a genuine officer. This is all assuming that my other half didn't lamp him one in the first place, and if I was in the kitchen at the time, the knife drawer would be verrry tempting.

Instead of coming into the home, why don't they just knock on the front door and have a word, failing that, put a notice through the door. Or is privacy really not a concern any more?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Well THIS is a really convenient way to abolish the need for warrents!

They can break into your own personal space and have a nosey around, all under the guise of 'in our best interests'.

I wonder if they'll use this tactic to break in and enter suspected criminal's homes without the need for evidence and/or search warrents?

Just sounds like a a clever way to do away with the laws that are there to protect are privacy

edit on 30-6-2011 by Anomic of Nihilism because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join