It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cost of US wars since 9/11? At least $3.7 trillion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Is it not wonderful how some americans have found their calling in life....the millitairy gives you adventure, steady income, a carreer, educate yourself and an opportunity to grow personally. But it is expensive and these bills need to be paid by someone.

In earlier days there were the spoils of war that would fill the treasury of the leader and able him to fund the next war. But the americans did not have money to start a war in the first place and pay for all the soldiers and equipment, logistics and all that other stuff.....but still it happened.

Okay, now the war has been fought and the spoils of war can now fill the treasury and pay for the debt made. But...I didn't hear anything about the spoils of war.....are there any...the debt only became bigger?

I did hear about private companies entering those 'conquered' countries and do business.....should not state owned companies do at least the business with those countries to cover the expenses made and fill up the state treasury? Why does it not make any sense no more? I assume that the US decision makers are not idiots that run willingly and consiously the country into the ground.

What is going on....Is it only to blame to the age old simple reason of greed, has it escelated into a free for all grabbing frenzy? Will this be the cause of the beginning of the end of the US?

JFK and a few more other presidents of the US have warned the people for the damage corrupted politicians can do. Why did these presidents have this urge to speak out their fear? Did they understand that the structure of the US government, constitution or voting system will not protect the country and its people against organised corruption within the government.

Would such a covert organisation be untouchable and above the law once installed? Has such a corrupt organisation succeeded and is the world now watching how they are robbing and raping the US citizens, using and depleting the US resources for expanding their power into other countries and do the same with them. Is this part of Bushes NWO strategy for an one world government?

I hope that I am completely wrong and do not know anything about what is going on....

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
That'll be Saddam Hussein I guess? Leader of one of the most westernised and secular states in the ME. Put in power and propped up by western (largely US and UK) governments as a useful ally. Until, that is, he failed in his assigned (and western backed) task of routing the Iranian neighbours. Oh yes, the people of Iraq have benfitted so very much from our help in deposing him!

Yep, great guy, Saddam. Wanna run your "Saddam was great" cheerleading past the people he tossed into woodchippers, or the one's tortured and raped by his sons?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Yeah,... like the CIA didn't run whole villages thru wood-chippers...

That is BEFORE they used and abused them for their own purposes...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

So you want freedom without a cost? Freedom ain't free. Doing the right thing ain't cheap. Even ignoring that this study probably exaggerates some things, I realize that the costs are real.

So we should also 'free' the vulnerable, no matter what the cost? Even to our children's future? This is a dangerous line of thinking my freind. It eventually leads to the 'liberation' of the vulnerable in China.

Also North Korea, Iran, Syria, Bahrain (home of the 5th fleet)and so many others. This would probably triple that 4 trillion dollar price tag.

Are you ready to vote for someone that would take us down that road?

Scary stuff, this road to perdition. Would the ultimate answer be to liberate the whole world? I think we should think deeply before considering this route. We all want to arrive at the same destination (peace, prosperity, etc...) but different ideas on the road to take.

I, for one, think those funds could be better used HERE. Call me isolationist, but it seems we are in need of some funding at the moment.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by coastlinekid
Yeah,... like the CIA didn't run whole villages thru wood-chippers...

That is BEFORE they used and abused them for their own purposes...

Really? Care to back that up with a source, or just some mindless BS you're posting.

Because you can just do a quick little search on your google-machine can come up with plenty of fact-base sources on the life and times of Iraq when Saddam and his merry band of pirates were in power.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join