It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Were The Highwaymen The greatest Supergroup ever?

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I bought the Highwaymen Video Dvd a few years ago and each time after sipping a few brews, they are on the player and I swear they get better and better.

That opening song on the DVD ' Highwayman" is about as eternally beautiful as I could imagine four human voices ever being on stage.
Waylon,Willie,Kris and Johnny, I know to some it sounds corny, but God listening to those voices and lyrics, you feel God in your heart and soul.
If the US had only these four songwriters to boast about no one would question them.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Dr Expired because: spacing




posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Usually after a few brews, everything seems a little bit cooler.

But as far as country music goes, I just cant stand that twang in thier voices. Makes me cringe, much like the use of ebonics.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist
 


Nay mate....they are so far above the pretenders...its embarrassing.
But you have to listen from that degrree, the angle of a nation that overcame and shone like the brightest star in the sky , a beacon to Europeans opressed by old powers, a magnet to those yearning the freedoms of the frontier.



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
reply to post by Frankenchrist
 


Nay mate....they are so far above the pretenders...its embarrassing.
But you have to listen from that degrree, the angle of a nation that overcame and shone like the brightest star in the sky , a beacon to Europeans opressed by old powers, a magnet to those yearning the freedoms of the frontier.



Naw bro, i heard them, the voices are just .... just like nails on a chalkboard. Plus I think alot of ATS members are fans because of that ghost song they used to play on Coast.



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
When I drink I listen to Silver Stallion . I agree with you they are an awesome band.



The thing is I cant stand modern country ,modern country makes me want to vomit and who doesn't like this old country classic?




posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by enament


The thing is I cant stand modern country ,modern country makes me want to vomit and who doesn't like this old country classic?



Agree. i like old classic stuff about gunfights and crap, not about beer and trucks and bitch3s.



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Traveling Wilbury's is my favorite supergroup, but the Highwaymen are pretty cool too.




posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Toromos
 


Agree man , the Travelling Wilburys were up there,.....imagine the eight of them up there in front of us?

And Johhny says " under special permission I would like you all to welcome Mr John Lennon and Mr Jimi Hendrix to add some extra oompah to our next song" .

And no one shouted "Imagine "



posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by enament
 


Thanks for posting the recorded studio version of "Silver Stallion " "marra" , aye thats an old English word, so don't get it confused with other meanings



I had only heard the live version before so thanks.


edit on 2-7-2011 by Dr Expired because: spelling



posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
reply to post by enament
 


Thanks for posting the recorded studio version of "Silver Stallion " "marra" , aye thats an old English word, so don't get it confused with other meanings



I had only heard the live version before so thanks.


edit on 2-7-2011 by Dr Expired because: spelling

I appreciate you're appreciation.Thank you.




top topics



 
2

log in

join