It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City Greenmarket vendors banned from cutting the cheese outside

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
How much longer must this nonsense continue before you people wake up and realise that government is not here to protect you but to control you, Either stand up and defend your natural rights to life, liberty and property or get the h@#$ out of the way while the tree of liberty is watered with the blood of tyrants.

www.nydailynews.com...

The state Agriculture Department is enforcing a ban on slicing cheese in the open air - and shoppers complain that the regulation means pre-packaged cheese, which defeats the purpose of buying fresh.

"It's silly - you should be able to buy exactly the amount you want," said Mia Spence, 34, who was shopping at Union Square Greenmarket Monday.

The Tree of Liberty

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

What a bunch of dicks. It shouldn't be that hard to break this crazy rule and flaunt it in the face of bureacracy though - really, what can they do?

Who do law makers think they are? Insane.

Breaking some laws is a matter of civil responsibility.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
oh, it is actually ahout cheese , i thought it was something else.

sorry.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
When they ban breathing due to CO2 emissions, is that what it will take?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
What a bunch of Bunk!. NYC the San Francisco of the East. Why not just close the farmers markets all together?

Pathetic. I love to go to my local open air markets on Sat. mornings. Sometimes I like to buy just enough food to have a picnic and that may mean that I will only buy 4 slices of flippin cheese.

To hear them defend this action by talking about germs, bugs and bacteria is hilarious. Ever notice the UV bug lamps hanging on the wall in your grocery store deli. A little exposure to this stuff actually makes us stronger in an era of hand sanitizer on every street corner we are actually getting weaker.

OOOFFF! Good luck in New York with this one. I would imagine that the "Green" folks would be up in arms about this. Prepackaged market ready foods really aren't their bag.

new topics

top topics

join