It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns of 'serious action' if upcoming BBC docu offends 'Muslims' sanctity'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Here is the link to the first episode which I have just watched on BBC iPlayer.

www.bbc.co.uk...

If no-one else starts a thread discussing the series within a few days then I might, but my threads tend to fail miserably.

On first viewing I think it's a reasonably fair production, the presenter, Rageh Omaar, who is a reputable reporter, appears to be trying to present an open and honest account whilst also consciously trying to avoid upsettig his fellow Muslims sensiblities.

I will refrain from giving any further personal opinions until later in the series or until such time that a number of informed or reasoned thoughts and opinions have been posted.
edit on 11/7/11 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Thanks Freeborn. Nice to see a man of his word here. I will be checking this out when I get home from work today. By all means, do start a thread and elaborate!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

What a surprise.

Took one look at the site and noticed it's anti-Shia Muslim leanings.
No wonder it's making such allegations about Khomeini etc.

So predictable!

FACT:

Khomenei was not Iranian. He was Pakistani(what a coincidence)

FACT:

Khomenei got into power through propaganda use. Tapes with sermons recorded in France(what a coincidence) and sent to Iran en masse.

FACT:

When Khomenei entered Iran and he said he felt nothing about it, the population instantly disliked him.

IF ANYTHING it would be a surprise if Khomenei was NOT an agent of Britain or France. Go revision history some more Freeborn, it's what yer good at.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

What a surprise.

Took one look at the site and noticed it's anti-Shia Muslim leanings.
No wonder it's making such allegations about Khomeini etc.

So predictable!

FACT:

FACT:

Khomenei got into power through propaganda use. Tapes with sermons recorded in France(what a coincidence) and sent to Iran en masse.

FACT:

When Khomenei entered Iran and he said he felt nothing about it, the population instantly disliked him.

IF ANYTHING it would be a surprise if Khomenei was NOT an agent of Britain or France. Go revision history some more Freeborn, it's what yer good at.

Is it possible for you to reply to someone without ad hominem attacks?

Got a reputable source for your claim that Khomenie was a British or French agent or is that just your "gut feeling"?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

FACT:

Khomeini's family originated in Nishapur, Iran.
Near the end of the 18th Century they moved to Northern India, then to various places including Kashmir.
In 1839 they moved to Khomein in Iran.
It is suspected that Khomeini's grandather was born somewhere in what is today Pakistan controlled Kashmir.
Ruhollah Khomeini was born in Khomein in 1902.

That pretty much makes him Iranian in my book.

FACT:

Who doesn't get into power using propoganda, I'd think it was a necessity.

What's your point?

FACT:

I know a lot of Iranians disliked him, a good friend of mine left Iran because of him....I'm sure I've told you that before, perhaps it didn't quite sink in because it didn't fit into your pre-conceived idea of things.

IF ANYTHING it would be a surprise if Khomenei was NOT an agent of Britain or France.

Why would it be a surprise?
What evidence have you got?

Go revision history some more Freeborn, it's what yer good at

I know.
You aren't.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

So Americans decide who is Iranian and who not?

Grow up shill.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

A wise man once told me, hold your tongue if you want someone else to do it. Presenting Khomenei as a good guy is where you guys insult a very large amount of people, that is YOUR ignorance and that is YOUR problem. So for you to want to defend yourself you first have to look at the idiotic argument you are making. I dare you to say such a thing to your Iranian friends, see how they value your "friendship". Ignorant people *shakes head*

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Who is American?

Just shows you can read but you can not see!

Yet again you make no attempt to answer any of the points I raised in response to you and reply with an unsupported claim with no explanation at all.
But that seems to be acceptable round here nowadays - make any sort of claim or accusation and make no attempt at explaining them at all.

Very poor and pretty crap really.

You are obviously reasonably intelligent, why don't you try to use it in and have an open mind in your approach to things instead of using your pre-conceived bigotted opinions cloud your judgement.

And on what grounds do you accuse me of being a 'shill', simply because I disagree with you?
Very tolerant indeed!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Who is American?

So you are British? Irrelevant. The point is that you're not an Iranian but leave it to ignorant folk like you to miss the point completely.

Just shows you can read but you can not see!

Just shows you can read but not comprehend!

Yet again you make no attempt to answer any of the points I raised in response to you and reply with an unsupported claim with no explanation at all.

What point did you raise? NONE. You are delusional dude.

When you say:

It is suspected that Khomeini's grandather was born somewhere in what is today Pakistan controlled Kashmir.

It means his bloodline is Pakistani and not Iranian. I don't need to answer any of your points because, had you used your own brain and created some distance between the propaganda and the truth, you'd known.

Am I glad your book will NEVER be taken as fact by any Iranian on the globe. Maybe by some ignorant folk if you're lucky.

Who doesn't get into power using propoganda,

Generic statement # 3 billion.

I'd think it was a necessity.

What you THINK and what is REAL are two completely different things. So what you are saying here, and I understand it perfectly clear but I want other readers to understand it is:

-You support the Islamic Iranian regime that is barbaric.
-You say Khomenei was NEEDED, and by saying that, you say it was needed for so many hundreds of thousands to perish because they held freedom close to their heart.

But that seems to be acceptable round here nowadays - make any sort of claim or accusation and make no attempt at explaining them at all.

The difference being, I know that what I'm saying has plenty of sources. You even prove my "baseless claims" by stating Khomenei's(may his soul burn in hell) grandpapa was Pakistani.

Very poor and pretty crap really.

As can be said about your hogwash.

You are obviously reasonably intelligent,

Ah, the usual condescending compliment followed by the...

why don't you try to use it in and have an open mind in your approach to things instead of using your pre-conceived bigotted opinions cloud your judgement.

Insults. How can you tell me I'm intelligent and then insult that intelligence by thinking I don't know what you're doing? It's not something exclusive to you, but to many pseudo-intellectuals.

And on what grounds do you accuse me of being a 'shill', simply because I disagree with you?

Spreading bull# as facts. Saying words in support of Khomenei(you are allowed to do this, but I'm allowed to correct you). Hey, here's a test to see if you're a shill or not - go to your Iranian friends yeh...and tell them your wonderful stories about Khomenei. See if they perceive you different or not

Very tolerant indeed!

I have a zero tolerance policy towards the revising of modern Iranian history. I see you doing it I see Israeli puppets doing it. I've studied a little of history, but enough of it, to understand where this falsifying of history leads to. Have a good day.
edit on 13-7-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
How can the Muslims possibly be offended by it? They already follow their famed, so called prophet Mohammed who is a pedophile and a war-monger. I don't know how much more offensive it can get than that to be honest. I mean really...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

So you are British? Irrelevant. The point is that you're not an Iranian but leave it to ignorant folk like you to miss the point completely.

There's a bit of a clue in my mini-profile which appears below my avatar in every post I make.

I've also told you in a couple of posts I've made specifically in response to you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

When you say:

"It is suspected that Khomeini's grandather was born somewhere in what is today Pakistan controlled Kashmir."

It means his bloodline is Pakistani and not Iranian. I don't need to answer any of your points because, had you used your own brain and created some distance between the propaganda and the truth, you'd known.

His family moved to India from Iran and then onto Pakistan.
After living in Pakistan for approximately 40years the family moved back to Iran.
Khomeini was born in Khomein in Iran.
His bloodline is predominantly Iranian.

Given those facts the vast majority of people in this world would consider him Iranian.
That you don't displays a certain amount of bigotry.

By your logic all those 2nd and 3rd generation people born in the UK of Pakistan and Bangladeshi etc origin are not British and are Pakistani or Bangladeshi etc, despite what people tell us.

So which way is it?
Sorry you can't have it both ways just to suit your own bigotry.

"That pretty much makes him Iranian in my book."

Am I glad your book will NEVER be taken as fact by any Iranian on the globe. Maybe by some ignorant folk if you're lucky.

So you are saying Iranian people only consider their own pre-conceived ideas as fact?

Fortunately I know that not too be true as I actually know some Iranians and am quite good friends with them.
But I've told you that before, maybe that slipped your mind or maybe you just didn't bother reading my post in the first place?
Again, here's the link and the relevant part of the pos, if you can be bothered to read it.

Oh, and just for information, I have some good Iranian friends.
One fled Iran when Khomeni came to power, he was quite young and very passionate and idealistic.
He eventually settled on the council estate in North East England where I lived.
He loves a drink and is great company and we developed mutual respect and a great friendship.
We are still friends 25 years or so later and meet up every now and then.

My other Iranian friends own a kebeb shop next to a pub I used to have.
They are practising Muslims but fled the current regime due to their involvement with the democracy movement in Iran.
They are cracking people and we frequently meet for coffee and I have been to some family celebrations

Who doesn't get into power using propoganda,

Well, who does nowadays...thought that was pretty obvious so couldn't understand why you brought it up in the first place.

What you THINK and what is REAL are two completely different things. So what you are saying here, and I understand it perfectly clear but I want other readers to understand it is:

-You say Khomenei was NEEDED, and by saying that, you say it was needed for so many hundreds of thousands to perish because they held freedom close to their heart.

Unbelievable.

I absolutely never supported Khomeini at all.
I even actively supported my friend in his opposition of him back in the early / mid 80's.
I despiise Khomeini, all he stood for and the extremists who follow his every word.

Show me one example where I have displayed ANY support for him or where I say he was NEEDED.
Come on.
Put up or shut up.
You are making things up and making random accusations based on nothing but your own ignorance, bigotry and imagination.

The difference being, I know that what I'm saying has plenty of sources. You even prove my "baseless claims" by stating Khomenei's(may his soul burn in hell) grandpapa was Pakistani.

Provide the sources, provide the proof.
I too hope Khomeini's soul burns in hell, if there is such a thing as either.
Think we've covered his Grandad, but just in case you forgot....his Grandad is thought to have been born in Pakistan but he was of Iranian ancestry....he then moved back to Iran where he had children one of whom fathered Khomeini - considerably more Iranian blood than anything else and thus is quite reasonably considered to be Iranian!

Look, there's a few Brits I'd like to disown but facts are facts I'm afraid.

"You are obviously reasonably intelligent,"

Ah, the usual condescending compliment followed by the...

I assure you it wasn't meant to sound condescending and I apologise if it comes across that way.

"why don't you try to use it in and have an open mind in your approach to things instead of using your pre-conceived bigotted opinions cloud your judgement."

Insults. How can you tell me I'm intelligent and then insult that intelligence by thinking I don't know what you're doing? It's not something exclusive to you, but to many pseudo-intellectuals.

Again, well intentioned and certainly not intended to insult...I assure you my iinsults can be far worse than that.
And I'm afraid pot and kettle springs to mind.
And infering that I am, or consider myself to be, a pseudo-intellectual is hilarious and so wide of the mark....I assure you I'm just a regular guy with regular thoughts etc.

"And on what grounds do you accuse me of being a 'shill', simply because I disagree with you?"

Spreading bull# as facts. Saying words in support of Khomenei(you are allowed to do this, but I'm allowed to correct you). Hey, here's a test to see if you're a shill or not - go to your Iranian friends yeh...and tell them your wonderful stories about Khomenei. See if they perceive you different or not

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't think I fit the bill, sorry.

And again...I despise everything about Khomeini and everything he stood for and those who venerate his words and life.
Show me where I have, or where you think I have and I'll clear up the confusion.

I've discussed many aspects of Iranian life, culture, society and history etc quite openly and frankly on many an occassion with my friends.

And what stories other than his lineage have I told?
Come on, show them...word for word...verbatim.

I suspect you Sir just hate for the sake of hating and are unable to consider that you might be wrong and maybe misunderstood or misjudged something or someone.

I have a zero tolerance policy towards the revising of modern Iranian history. I see you doing it I see Israeli puppets doing it. I've studied a little of history, but enough of it, to understand where this falsifying of history leads to. Have a good day.

Again, please show me where I've tried to 'revise modern Iranian' history, and if I haven't where's the relevance and what's your point?
What has Israel got to do with this thread?
Falsifying history? Gettig pretty boring I know, but where? Please show me.
edit on 13/7/11 by Freeborn because: Last paragraph and various typo's etc

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Just dropped in to say this- Zamini, you are the worst debater I have ever seen. You contribute absolute nothing to an argument yet you insult and use personal attacks so much it's rather obvious you are raging mad and cannot even comprehend your own logic.

So far you have been proven wrong throughout this "debate" yet the only thing you can come up with is silly elementary school insults, dodging the subject, ignoring large part of the post while quoting small irrelevant verses for you to use counter-insults, and many more childish ways to avoid the fact you are just plain wrong.

Best parts is where you assume the guy is American, and assume once again he is supporting Khomeini.

Seriously, give up.

Edit - I'm gonna take a wild guess here: you are going to try to address my post in (quote)-answer-(quote)-answer, randomly insult me using small verses of my paragraphs and end up mocking my opinion just because of my usename.
edit on 13-7-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by USAisdevil

More to the point, go and read what 'Ivan the terrible' did to the Russians, he was Russian too! And what about what Stalin did to the Russians? Killing 20 million of them through starvation? anyway, go and read.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Here's a link to the thread discussing the series of programmes;

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Best parts is where you assume the guy is American, and assume once again he is supporting Khomeini.

I actually love the part where you think I'm saying one thing while I'm making a completely different point. Hey, are you a Muslim? I think you are Arab. How's life in Saudi Arabia?

assumptions, assumptions. And then you say worse debater as IF you actually understood what I said...it's ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

I actually love the part where you think I'm saying one thing while I'm making a completely different point. Hey, are you a Muslim? I think you are Arab. How's life in Saudi Arabia?

assumptions, assumptions. And then you say worse debater as IF you actually understood what I said...it's ridiculous.

Lol how sad. Are you hinting I misunderstood you? Well it seems pretty obvious that you assumed he is American;

Him: This makes him Iranian in my book.
You: So Americans decide who is Iranian and who isn't?

One could also read your latter attempt at dodging the question. You know, right after you asked if he was british.

Also, are you hinting I misunderstood you when I said you thought he supports Khomeini? Well, it once again seems pretty obvious that you assumed he is - a direct quote by you:

So what you are saying here, and I understand it perfectly clear but I want other readers to understand it is:

Not only do you accuse him (eg: assuming) of supporting Khomeini, you make sure to show "other readers" (attention seeking problems?) he meant that. Making your assumption not only idiotic, but public as well.

And then you reply at me, blabbering about assumptions? Hah!
I never said you are a worse debater, I said you are the worst debater. Spelling 101.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Yes, how do you love running around in a circle.

When it suits you, you people choose to misinterpret me(for whatever silly reasons).

I do love how you are focusing on exactly what you should be focusing though. It's not suspicious at ALL

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
wonder how long till the series hits youtube. as per norm, checked out the bbc, only to be told "not available in your area" man i really hate how tv stations only let you watch in whatever country tv station is in.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by generik

woodwardjnr kindly put the YouTube video up of the first video but it looks like it's been pulled because BBC are a set of twats.

I will have a look to see if I can find a link to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join