It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck and Family Attacked in New York’s Bryant Park

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I seen that post that you quoted Paperplanes.
Another post which is dead on in my opinion,also your post as well Paperplanes.
Ive been following ATS threads for quite a while now and also listening to ATS live sometimes.On the threads i dont reply so much because i see all this left to right, right to left fighting, and its ends up going nowhere and serves no purpose.Dont get me wrong ive seen a few good threads on ATS, but majority of them end up being the same thing, left attacks the right, right attacks the left which is just like coke'n'pepsi "politics".Now someone could argue that, that is exactly what debating is, sure, but i thought debates usually come to a conclusion or solution, or some form of accomplishment, not just words being exchanged,wasting energy for pointless reasons.
Who knows, maybe there are quite a few people like me that dont reply and just watch the show,shaking our heads and asking what the hell are you guys doing/thinking.

I do wish the reasonable folks would speak up more often.

I wish this was true as well Paperplanes, but i think that even if we did the majority populace of this loony planet we enhabit wouldnt listen/agree or have the cojones to discuss or debate something properly.

Then again, perhaps I'm in denial

I doubt it matey, but alot of people will accuse you of that, thats a fact.

Cheers
edit on 30-6-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I guess he forgot they also give off oxygen...which, last time I checked, keeps me alive and able to write this stupid reply to this ridiculous thread...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BillyBoBBizWorth

Agreed. It's quite amazing that people have the energy to keep up these silly arguments. I find it exhausting just to read them!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
I can't stand Glen Beck. He's pompous, a fear-mongerer, a loud mouth, a jerk...there are many negative adjectives to use for him. And this story may be made up. But at the moment the only information we have is that this situation occurred.

And some of you sit there in your easy chair, playing armchair quarterback while sucking down your Mr. Pibb, saying, "Yeah! He got what he deserved!" Did his wife and daughter also get what they deserved? Was upsetting his wife and daughter, and making them feel threatened somehow justified in your sick, little minds? Have they been on television saying what he says? Someone kicked a glass of wine at his wife, not him. What was it she did to get this person so angry that he would assault her?

To you leftist punks saying "it wasn't assault, it was just a glass of wine sheesh it's not a big deal", remember it's you that's supposed to be the "compassionate" ones, the "turn the other cheek" pansies, the "there ought to be a law against (insert perceived personal affront here)" wussies. It should've been an ass-beating by Mr. Beck on the punk that did it.

These people are lucky. I'd ventilate anyone that attacked my wife like that.

/TOA
edit on 29-6-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

Touching post... but his story of how the big bad liberals "assaulted" him and his family is unlikely to be completely accurate or even true.

Some people are too gullible.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
From the sounds of it, this was planned, which despite the fact no one was hurt (which is good), makes it an attack.

This girl who "accidently" spilled wine is a little brat who desperately needs a spanking and a time out in the corner of the room.

This truely is a sad sign of the times. When political disagreements result in this sort of stupidity... Sad, truely sad.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Youmakemewonder

Dude seriously go study real history, not the crap they force feed you in school. I personally have seen a few of Glen Becks shows and although I don't find it very entertaining I have noticed that whatever he talks about he usually tells you to go out and research it on your own. He gives you what he has found, tells you to go research it yourself and then make up your own mind. Liberals tell you these are the facts, don't worry about looking it up yourself, and I'll make up your mind.

Thank you skippy for your research into whether this was assault or not. I had a buttload of cases where people were charged with assault for the same types of things but you beat me to it. This is the kind of behavior I've come to expect from liberals over the past two years. It has been proven on multiple occasions that this is the way liberals react when they hear or see things that don't agree with their world view. Ken Gladney, libs tossing rocks and stuff at the RNC busses, I could go on but it would serve no purpose except to raise my blood pressure. To them this is acceptable because their thoughts and views are the only proper ones to have. Sounds like something I read about the Old Soviet Union, Pol Pot's regime, Cuba, the entire middle east etc etc etc ad infinitum.

Oh and nice touch of class with the retarded comment, way to prove how much of a thinking adult you really are. Way to demonstrate just how to effectively discuss solutions to problems.

WAIT A MINUTE, didn't some liberal say that using that word was offensive and wrong or is that just for anyone who doesn't toe the liberal standards line?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Agreed. It's quite amazing that people have the energy to keep up these silly arguments. I find it exhausting just to read them!

Ohh my, wow what a good chuckle that was, that made me laugh buddy and i totally agree with you.
I never used to skip pages on forum threads unless im trying to find something,but on this forum im starting to make it a habit of skipping pages because of the amount of crap people say lol.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

I don't like Glenn beck, but even that is too far. Sure it doesn't sound like they were actually attacked but still. If you see someone from tv, do them a favor leave them the f*CK alone. If someone had a problem with Glenn, they could have said it to him in a civilized manner.

Clearly those people have no control over their emotions, I'm surprised they are even homo sapiens, with so little control.

Either way it shows that the American populous targets each other more then any other nation.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This is a publicity stunt. His last show on Fox News is today. I highly doubt it's just a coincidence. Probably hoping for more attention so he can plug GBTV.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The amount of hate and fear mongering that worthless so called "conservative" does and he's surprised? I don't feel sorry for him or his family in the least, if you can't stand the heat don't go in the kitchen.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
This is a publicity stunt. His last show on Fox News is today. I highly doubt it's just a coincidence. Probably hoping for more attention so he can plug GBTV.

Naw!!!

Glenn a money whore?

Glenn lying to incite a specific response?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RichardA

Just because he says, "look it up yourself," doesn't make what he says true.

edit on 30-6-2011 by nunya13 because: typo

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Huh...thats quite interesting, i wouldnt be surprised if your right about that.
Stuff like this happens all the time, i mean seriously he could of got mobbed like i did by about 15 people(obviously alot more people with the situation he had) and when im a "nobody"? but he didnt.He can afford security and obviously take care of himself and his family when hes a "somebody"? but he didnt.
Doesnt make sense to me.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Naw!!! Glenn a money whore? Glenn lying to incite a specific response?

Absolutely not!

Got to love all the outrage that glen was supposedly attacked. He loves this stuff and he's probably hoping he can cash in on it....otherwise..

Why make it a spectacle? Why bring even more attention to your family? Crying on the radio because someone spilled some wine? Someone said some bad words?

Wow, that never happens to anyone in the world...poor glen.

Seriously, if this is really bothering him he's a gigantic P*****.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
First off, Glenn nor any member of his family was "attacked". That may be the title of the article but it is extremely misleading and hyperbolic to say the least.

Next, and here's the whopper: He could very well be lying his behind off about what happened to, ONCE AGAIN, make liberals, in general, look bad:

THE PERSON WHO HE ACCUSED SAYS NONE OF THAT HAPPENED THE WAY HE SAID IT DID

NY Mag

To Whom It May Concern:

Just a quick FYI -saw your article on Mr. Beck and his numerous FALSE claims about the way that he was treated at Bryant Park last night. Myself and several of my friends were seated immediately behind Mr. Beck & co (have pictures) and I can tell you that while the crowd was certainly not *thrilled* that he had shown up, his family was left completely alone, and for the most part he was too. Conversely, it was his security detail (two body guards) that seemed to be unnecessarily prickly with the crowd, scolding myself and my friends for acrobatics and other harmless activities taking place well before the movie started, and contributing to a considerably less relaxed atmosphere than is typically experienced during BPMN (I've been going for about six years now).

It was my friend that spilled the glass of wine on Tanya -and I can assure you that it was a complete accident. A happy one, to be sure, but nonetheless a complete and utter accident. As soon as the wine spilled (and I question how Tanya became soaked from a half glass of wine) apologies were made and my friends pretty much scrambled to give Tanya & co napkins -no doubt aware that it would look terrible and that their actions could be perceived as purposeful. No words were exchanged after that, as I think that it became pretty clear to Beck & co that my friends and I were doing everything in our capacity to help clean the "mess".

I'm sure it's unnecessary to point out the hypocrisy in Glen's statements that we were being hateful. I can assure him that we don't need his sympathy. Incidentally, none of us have made a career of "spewing hate" on the radio, or any other media platform. We live our lives intolerant only of those who don't tolerate: We have chosen New York as our city for that very reason. We do things like go to Bryant Park Movie Night, and vote to legalize gay marriage. We don't taunt Glen, or his family. And we certainly don't waste our wine, even on Tanya.

Thanks, and please let me know if you have further questions.

Lindsey Piscitell

Sounds like Glenn, being the rich elitist that he is, got peeved off that his wife had wine spilled on her and probably felt uncomfortable at the event because he could tell from body language if not the general vibe that he wasn't wanted there. And who could actually blame these people for not wanted to enjoy an evening with a man who constantly spews the same hate he claimed to be a victim of?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Absolutely not! Got to love all the outrage that glen was supposedly attacked. He loves this stuff and he's probably hoping he can cash in on it....otherwise.. Why make it a spectacle? Why bring even more attention to your family? Crying on the radio because someone spilled some wine? Someone said some bad words? Wow, that never happens to anyone in the world...poor glen. Seriously, if this is really bothering him he's a gigantic P*****.

Lmao, had a good laugh at this post David9176 and i agree with you.
Now if someone in that park blew my arm off with a shotgun or punched me in the face, i think theres a good reason to make a spectacle.
Also its easy for him because hes on radio,so he can do things like this.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I never said that it did, however if one researches it, they can come to their own conclusions. I've never said he was correct in his conclusions just that he points out things and says research and decide for yourself. If that is beyond the abilities of people should you really blame him?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

edit on 30-6-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join