It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck and Family Attacked in New York’s Bryant Park

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by xFiDgetx

The big question is why did Glenn Becks wife set her glass of wine on a blanket on the ground. Yes it was there wine. No body took her wine from her and threw it on her did they. Maybe I missed that part?

Yes, you missed it.

It was not his wife's wine. The wine belonged to the woman behind them.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Ok then, so some wine was thrown on his wife, and people heckled them... That's messed up and sad, but is this being attacked? I would say that is stretching it.

Imagine, if Beck had wine thrown on him, everybody would be saying, "what the hell, how was that being attacked?"

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Topic Only, Please

Again, for anyone who may have overlooked it, I strongly recommend reviewing this post and the related links as necessary.

Also, please be reminded that, per the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use:

16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

15b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums on the Websites, and will neither Post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

15g.) Political Baiting: You will not engage in politically-charged rhetoric, politically-inspired name-calling, and related right-versus-left political bickering while Posting in any topical forum or discussion thread on the Websites. You will not alter political candidate names or party affiliations in order to insult or deride the opposition.

Where necessary, the off-topic action has been used, but where that doesn't make the point, stronger measures become necessary. If anyone disagrees with any action I take, please feel free to send me a U2U.

Strong opinions on controversial subjects are fine, as long as they comply with the terms & conditions. Comments that don't honor the rules tend to derail and degrade the quality of discussion, and we all suffer as a result.

So let's please keep our comments on topic and in keeping with ATS standards.

Thanks.

edit on 6/30/2011 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

Beck is a drama queen, he may have been heckled but nobody attacked him. There was a drunk lady sitting next to them and she spilled her wine.

gawker.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
You guys DO know that these kids who heckled and spilled wine on his wife have come out and publicly gloated about it, the leader in their hijinx lol was Lindsey Picitell, google her, she wrote a letter to the new york magazine and happily admitted that the wine spilling was a "happy" accident, little did this twit know that she left her twitter up from a friend telling her to "Accidentally" spill wine on him and "accidentally" kick Glenn Beck in the face when Lindsey twitted "That ##SNIP## asshole Glen beck is sitting in front of her" so I doubt that it was an accident, this girl and her friends are low life scum bags who DID harrass Beck and his family.

Oh and Lindsey is a self proclaimed poet and a nomad and a part of the "liberal elite", as of yesterday she has deleted all her ##SNIP## poetry but someone got their hands on her poems before she deleted them and made a hilarious video on youtube reading her poem as Carl from Caddy Shack...

edit on Thu Jun 30 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani
Not buying this account one bit.

some guy stood up and pointed their fingers at them and said “We hate conservatives here.”

Who the hell yells that at anyone? That could not sound more made up. I am having "B" lady flashbacks.

Ever heard of paraphrasing?

How often do people quote EXACTLY what others say? Clearly there were a ton of witnesses there, and that does seem like quite an embarrassing event for him. Why would he make it up? For all we know the guy who pointed could of said "Get Out Of Here! You racist redneck!"

What if I threw a diet coke at Nancy Pelosi? I can only imagine how quickly I would be gang beat, then burned at the stake, while being publicly shamed and called every name in the book.
edit on 30-6-2011 by WhiteDevil013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
Ever heard of paraphrasing?

Yes. Yes I have. Have you ever heard of prevaricating? Embellishing? Is this a word quiz?

How often do people quote EXACTLY what others say?

Whenever they are honestly trying to accurately report what was said, obviously. What do you do? Make things up?

Clearly there were a ton of witnesses there, and that does seem like quite an embarrassing event for him.

And not one of those witnesses seems to be confirming anything about his story. Good point.

Why would he make it up?

For attention. Why would he DJ a morning zoo show?

For all we know the guy who pointed could of said "Get Out Of Here! You racist redneck!"

For all we know he never even existed. Neat how imaginations work.

What if I threw a diet coke at Nancy Pelosi?

You mean in retaliation to wine being spilled on someone? Who threw anything? Even Glenn Beck says it was only kicked over. Ever heard of reading?

I can only imagine how quickly I would be gang beat, then burned at the stake, while being publicly shamed and called every name in the book.
edit on 30-6-2011 by WhiteDevil013 because: (no reason given)

You imagine quite a bit. Thanks for the batting practice though. You have any more softballs over there feel free to toss those at me too.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEndIsNear421
That is awesome!!!

Attacking people for words you don't like is awesome? If you attack someone for saying words you don't like, you don't believe in the basic principles America and you should either move to China or check yourself into a prison. You know, since you hate free speech so much.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
here are the tweets from the twits, all you arguments on how its Becks fault and these girls who "accidentally" spilled wine on his wife are not to blame have become Irrelevant.

i1086.photobucket.com...
#####WARNING::: graphic language#####

and

edit on Thu Jun 30 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed image tags

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
he should take them people in the middle of the street and beat them

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Lol at the previous post, i read a couple pages and then skipped to the end because people starting to get all technical and talk a bunch of crap, but i watched the video and agree its not right for his family to get harrassed like that if it is true(I dont know because i wasnt there,this is something alot of people should acknowledge before taking something as fact or fiction), but at the same time i agree that as a "celebrity figure" like Glenn Beck should have thought a little bit about going out into public like that(maybe have heavier security?,because yer,he should be able to afford it) especially with the type of profession that he practices,with it being controversial and all, ya know...?

I agree with is poster balls and all lol.

What do you expect? People are idiots....pretty much all of us to be exact. We need someone to tell us what to do, who to hate, where to go, what to buy, who to vote for, what to believe. You want to know who is truly enlightened in this world? The rich a-holes that run it. Once you understand how the herd moves, you can get your dogs to drive it where ever you want it to go. Those are the minds of people who are not animals, but enlightened (although they seem to be that of evil men). No matter how smart you think you are 99.9% of us are just following the herd. This is why they say we evolved from monkeys.......we act like them when in a group of other monkeys. Move along, nothing to see here folks, go back to buying your latest craze, and believing everything you hear...move along...

Move out you sheep, thats all your good for seeming you dont wont to face reality.Someone could say its the masses fault for letting people become this way and not helping sheep minded people, but hey im only one person and i can only wake one person up at a time, and it isnt a instantaneous thing to get people to realize the fantasy world thats being created around us.

Cheers

edit on 30-6-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXTROOPER
he should take them people in the middle of the street and beat them

To prove how he is not violent and better than people that heckle and spill wine?
Great idea.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani
reply to post by beezzer

Whatever you say. The next time a Glenn Beck listener gets caught planting bombs at a local mosque, I will remember how un-intimidating they were.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

"Next time..." Can you remind me what the first time was? Our president was/is friends with people who did plant bombs, and people really died. You can claim whatever you wish about their motives, but it doesn't negate the facts.
I guess it's ok to throw a pie in the face of Chris Mathews right? ( ala Ann Coulter) Or call Nancy Pelosi a *hore? (ala Meg Whitman) I honestly don't care for Glenn, as I see through the crying. But if you look past the man and listen to the facts brought to light, he's not so crazy. Left wing talking heads have spouted just as much if not more hate than any Right wing talker. Need you be reminded of how many just in 12 months have been fired, suspended ect...? The men that founded this country would have called for revolution in 1932 when government started the personal freedom attack. Like it or not this country is not what it was created to be. And to say it's alright to physically attack anyone who points that out is absurd.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
First of all, we don't know for a fact any of that happened. He could very well be making stuff up.

Second of all, even if wine did get spilled on his wife, how do you know it was on purpose? I don't know the layout of this event, but if it's like most similar events, it's pretty easy to ACCIDENTALLY spill something on someone. Beck seems just like the person to take something innocent like accidentally spilling wine on someone, and lie to change it into "someone threw wine on my wife" Why didn't he get security or the police involved?

Third, GROW UP people, please. You're all acting like a bunch of 3rd graders. "liberals this, conservatives that" "blah blah blah durrr derp"

I don't think I've ever seen so much whining in one thread. You all still seem stuck in the left vs right paradigm. Congratulations on your lifelong sleep, hopefully you'll wake up.

Assuming the events actually happened like he said, which you DON'T know they did, and you are just blindly believing him because it gives you an excuse to exercise your partisan hate, then you DON'T know it was a liberal, or a democrat that did anything. Maybe it was someone who realizes both sides are full of chit, and was calling out Beck because he is just a stupid puppet.

I have lost a ton of respect for the members of ATS after reading this thread, just frikin ridiculous. I thought your average ATSer was above this kind of crap.

This is unfortunately a game that plays out in every politically-oriented thread here. Religious threads also get fair play in the stupidity and hypocrisy department. Factions you didn't even realize existed suddenly appear to throw faeces at one another. I don't know if this is the standard character of the "average ATSer." I (maybe naively) believe most ATS users are like me, and tend to observe rather than jump into the fray. Some, like you and me, sometimes feel compelled to enter out-of-control threads to offer a bit of sense, as if it will actually do something to rein in the salivating partisans, but nothing really ever dissuades them. I really believe the politically motivated morons--the ones inclined to argue incessantly on inconsequential online forums, at least--constitute a minority of ATS members and lurkers. It's only that the morons are (naturally) the loudest. I do wish the reasonable folks would speak up more often.

Then again, perhaps I'm in denial and we're surrounded by politically-deluded fools on every side. Comforting thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join