It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck and Family Attacked in New York’s Bryant Park

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota
Beck is not just any person with a political opinion. He has unfettered access to at least 2million homes in a given evening on Fox News. He states his personal opinions on a station that advertises itself as a News Network. If the same had happened to Keith Olbermann, I would take no different stand on this issue. It's opinion...I can't even make my fingers type "opinion journalism" because it's not even in the same field.

He makes wild accusations that provoke a sentiment in his adherents. There are people right now, across this country, parroting the things he says in bars and gatherings, with no supporting evidence (such as would be supported by real journalism) and thus provoking a response in another "half" of the country (i.e., the lunatic fringes, supposedly left or right). In reality, you are left with two segments of society that are equal in their adherence to demigogery and parroting of commentary, but they are only loosely "left" and "right"...they are "democrats" and "republicans"...the so-called base.

To act like this is some Marxist conspiracy - some changing of "America", where political speech is silenced, is really taking it a step past where it's already been for some time now.

You can't condone violence, speech or action, towards anyone because of their views. Nevertheless, Beck is not just anyone. He's someone. And he provokes this reaction. "So he had it coming." Not in that sense of the phrase. "You play with fire and you're gonna get burned," would be more appropriate.

I like how, unlike other posters, you have some sort of reasoning, even if I may/may not agree with it as to why he was heckled. In any case, I think that any one who expresses their morals/ideas/opinions/beliefs and has a spotlight such as Beck does on TV/Radio could possibly be open or would be open to heckling, right or wrong as that heckling may be.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Frankly, I'm appalled by people who think it's okay to harass a celebrity's family.

His family and his politics are two different things. Family is strictly off limits. They're innocent.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Yeah, I can tell there are a lot of wine pourers here, all the ones that say it has to be made up and no one would ever do that or say that to him, logical right, bash Beck by saying you would hang him on the closest tree and then turn around and claim he made it all up because no one would do that. Real swift people, watch yourselves.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012srb
Frankly, I'm appalled by people who think it's okay to harass a celebrity's family.

His family and his politics are two different things. Family is strictly off limits. They're innocent.

Yeah right.............

Glenn Beck smears Obama's 11-year-old daughter

Glenn Beck, who repeatedly and angrily tells his alleged persecutors to "leave the families alone," spent a good chunk of his radio program this morning mocking and attacking the intelligence of President Obama's 11-year-old daughter, Malia.

mediamatters.org...

Pot, kettle.....talk amongst yourselves.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I would have shot the hecklers if they messed with my family, them laughed at their families if they complained. Good on Beck for showing self restraint though, it was very Christian like (even if he is mormon...)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
America red communism or green communism you pick no matter what you all vote on communism, like democracy you pick the majority what happens when they all as in they the majority of any politcal party wants money? Glenn Beck is no different but then again he uses words and makes tons of money haha ignorant bastards kick wine glasses and heckle because they are ignorant! And no I am not a Beck fan Im just saying.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Something tells me he's overreacting and reaching for sensationalism.

Somebody probably said "boooo."

And then he fabricated the rest of the story...

"There were 100 armed thugs that hated democracy. I disarmed them one by one, and told them I was bringing freedom to them if they wanted it or not. The last one was the boss who held my family hostage. After disarming him with my superior muay thai skills, i rescued my family and we took off, just before the explosions....."

Yes, he has some fictional novels out.... oh wait, they're all fiction.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Originally posted by mishigas
And I have to say this - this kind of behavior is the exclusive domain of the leftist liberals. Never do you hear of conservatives acting like this. Democrats should be ashamed of what their party has degenerated into.

That is such a weak little lie. No party has sole domain on heckling and acting like a thug. Please do not make me whip out the videos and articles. If you want anyone to feel sorry for Beck, you should set your partisan blinders down just this once and attempt to come at the story from a factual point of view. Are you capable of that?

Show the videos (if you have them). I'm interested to see what you are referencing....

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Yeah, right-wingers never attack those they hate and disagree with.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
You play, you pay. His wife and kids certainly didn't do anything to deserve that, so maybe Mr. Beck should think about that.

Oooh, so he has to keep quiet or his family will pay for it?... Why in the heck should he have to bend down to the left?

This sort of behavior SHOULDN'T be accepted by anyone, NOMATTER their political leanings...

IS the U.S.A.now communist China?...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by mishigas

Yeah, right-wingers never attack those they hate and disagree with.

No form of attack should be allowed or viewed as normal, but does two wrongs make one right?...

One thing is to discuss, and argue about topics, another thing is to threaten someone's family. You want to hate the man, hate him, not his family...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I always find it funny to see fools acting like a tiger when they are in herds. But in reality, when they are separated they are a sheep.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MaskedDebater

I stated my personal opinion about how things should be. I didn't know Beck attacked Melia. He should know better.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
hatred is blinding so many people now.

if people dont let go of some of this hate, we are all in serious trouble.

Yes, agreed. And I'm afraid that these polarizing events, from both sides could eventually lead to Civil War.
Dems...OK to kill babies Reps...anti-abortion
Dems...raise taxes, allow unencumbered immigration. Reps...lower taxes, allow small business to grow, restrict illegal immigration.
Dems...restrict and degrade The Constitution. Reps...enforce The Constitution, the Amendments and The Bill of Rights.
Black vs White
Red vs Blue
Male vs female
All we do is fight against each other.

And your just playing into their hand of division and servitude.

Mr Beck and his family were attacked.

And what is worse, some of you applaud this antisocial behavior.
Fact DSM 4 R 301.7 Antisocial Personality Disorder:
Diagnostic Features
"The essential feature of Antisocial Personality Disorder is a pervasive pattern of disregard for, and violation of, the rights of others that begins in childhood or early adolescence and continues into adulthood. "
Fact 1 in 25 people have Antisocial Personality Disorder.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012srb

Oh come on, he's a pig. Granted he's not as piggish since he sobered up, but a pig nonetheless. Him and Rush should get together and have some whine with their cheese.
edit on 29-6-2011 by kazanoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandella1099

Originally posted by mishigas
And I have to say this - this kind of behavior is the exclusive domain of the leftist liberals. Never do you hear of conservatives acting like this. Democrats should be ashamed of what their party has degenerated into.

That is such a weak little lie. No party has sole domain on heckling and acting like a thug. Please do not make me whip out the videos and articles. If you want anyone to feel sorry for Beck, you should set your partisan blinders down just this once and attempt to come at the story from a factual point of view. Are you capable of that?

Show the videos (if you have them). I'm interested to see what you are referencing....

A few have already been posted in this very thread. Are you honestly trying to suggest there is not video of right wingers acting like jerks? Where is Beck's video?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kazanoom

Okay, so you think Beck is a pig. What does that have to do with harassing his family?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
as much as i dislike glenn beck, i don't see how any american could fairly say that what happened was right. he has beliefs that i disagree with, but so do billions of others.

this act was immature and unamerican.

What happened that was so wrong and where is the proof of it?
What is unamerican about it? Seems someone spilled some wine and apologized. Someone else may or may not have said something to Glenn Beck. What am I missing?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by Kitilani

whip it out dude,

i can counter big time.

Whip what out? What the hell are you talking about?

Did y'all whip it out?

It made no sense. The poster said they would match me video for video. My point was that both sides do it. I did not need them to help me prove that point. I see a few videos were whipped out for me though.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
reply to post by demongoat

Freedom of speech is in the constitution. ( A historical documents that liberals like to forget about)

Unless it is in a park and directed Glenn Beck? So his supposed heckler has no right to free speech but Glenn does?

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join