It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck and Family Attacked in New York’s Bryant Park

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by mishigas

What else would you expect from the group that preaches inclusion and tolerance?
What would you expect from the people that decry the use of guns but would resort to violence if it's in their own interests?
What would you expect from the same people that'll berrate a family but preach muslim forgiveness?

I'm not surprized. I expect nothing else from them.

To suggest that the people Who did this... If it actually happened... preached inclusion and tolerance while kicking wine at someone is the most backwards and illogical thing I have ever read... People hate Glenn Beck because he's a douchebag.. Not because he's conservative.. No one says "We don't like conservatives here!" Where are the pictures of the wine all over Mr Beck's wife? I see people on blankets smiling not jeering.. This reeks of propaganda and if you are stupid enough to believe Mr. Becks version then you are stupid enough to spell surprised with a Z...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

and a sign (if that is even true) is hardly against the law.
If that was the case this person would STILL be in jail.

You hate hate signs but i bet you download that one!! Riiiight. That doesn't count huh

edit on 6/29/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: to add picture

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Anyone that thinks the Beck goes out in public without a security detail is a damn fool. Multi millionairs, famous recognizable people don't go any where without their "people"

This was a put up job. I work in the movie industry and even minor stars that almost no one would recognize always have paid and packin security close at hand, even on set.

What a crock and this sure doesn't say much for the people that take this BS at face value. Just think about it!

edit on 29-6-2011 by whaaa because: t67u89

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by JBA2848

No one there looks like the give a damn. You can tell the pictures don't lie because Glen himself is in a very relaxed position. If things were tense, he wouldn't be lying down.

He wanted to be attacked, he knew by taking his family to this or any public event that it was likely to happen, but when it didn't get as bad as he wanted it, he turned an accidental wine spill into an intentional attack... And completely sensationalized everything.

Beck is losing ratings, losing/lost his fox news show, and frankly is terrified of becoming irrelevant... He will do ANYTHING to boost his radio show ratings to keep his advertisers from bailing on him.

Problem is, people are learning to see through his crap.

Just like his radio show and Fox news escapades... Most of everything he does is sensationalized, embellished and occasionally fabricated... and when all else fails him, he goes for the shock factor.. If you can't piss them off... Find ways to eventually piss everyone off.

If this ATTACK fails to generate the desired results for Beck and Co. ... Expect him to show up at a future liberal rally, with his family and NO security.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
In NY this would be considered harrasment not assault, IF they could prove the wine spilling was intentional. While Beck and his speech are protected by the first amendment, people need to remember that the 1st only gives us the right to say whatever we want without fear of reprisal from the government and only the government. Part of having freedoms and rights is using them responsibly and if you use rhetoric to garner ratings that sometimes there are repercussions to spouting off stupidity. If I don't want to illicit a negative or violent response I am likely to refrain from being an obnoxious blowhard. If I act like that then I do so fully aware that I could piss off the wrong person and there are potential consequences. Should people go after Glen's wife or children? Absolutely not but I'm willing to bet he's more likely to think twice about where he brings his family before he does so about whats going to come out his mouth next.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD
reply to post by jibeho

I never said it was. Just that it offered a little insight into her mindset. I also thought that it was odd the she even had a sign at all. I suppose she made it on the spot or at home before the movie not knowing if Beck was going to be there. Odd??

Stange enough that she had her handy dandy pocket sized "fascist douch bag" sign handy.
You never know when you're going to need it especially in NYC.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'm not going to say Gawker is the be-all and end-all of truth in reporting, but they have a comment from the alleged wine-tosser that says it was a half-glass that got knocked over accidentally, they proffered napkins, apologies were made, there were in her opinion no hard feelings. I have a feeling, if it WERE a troublesome situation, Beck's much-mentioned Security Team would have swooped in and whisked them all off to their bulletproof SUV.

gawker.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD
reply to post by jibeho

If that was the case this person would STILL be in jail.

You hate hate signs but i bet you download that one!! Riiiight. That doesn't count huh

edit on 6/29/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: to add picture

Way to stay classy with you post and fabrications.
Didn't know that sign existed. Was that pic taken in Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

That picture was taken at a tea party rally

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

How is that relevant to the current situation??

You said that person would "Still" be in jail. Was that person arrested for that nasty Obama sign and released from jail?
edit on 29-6-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Ok... from my understanding Glenn Beck was invited by his daughter to attend this event... He knew their was a possibilty something could happen but maybe he just wanted to be a normal human and go to the park like everyone else. I just dont understand why all the hate toward him. How is he such a fear monger? America is in trouble.... what does he say that is so wrong???? I agree with alot of what he says and thinks compared to the left. I dont trust him at all though but Im not gonna say hes a horrible human being.

I dont know the truth I cant read his mind.. Ya he is controlled by the right thats who pays him. With his tv show coming to the end he now has a chance to actually tell the truth and then we can have a better judgement of his character.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
LMFAO,

You shall reap what you sow.

Beck has sold this nation down the river on many an occasion.

Crime isn't free. Sooner or later you have to pay up.

Rolling on the floor laughing out loud.

Poor Glenn Beck, Poor miserable people who believed in that worthless piece of crap.

Karma is a bitch, and she's in heat.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

So then I guess it is the exclusive territory of the right to just bring semiautomatic hand guns to public forums and shoot up innocent bystanders and congresswomen?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight76

So then I guess it is the exclusive territory of the right to just bring semiautomatic hand guns to public forums and shoot up innocent bystanders and congresswomen?

You really think he was influenced by the right?? wow... one of his favorite books is the Communist Manifesto he also burnt american flags... The left immediatly tried pushing lies in order to take away gun rights.....
edit on 29-6-2011 by mpacc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I agree..

One of two things will happen with a celebrity such as Beck.

His critics will be there in mass.

or
His fans will be there in mass.

Either way, there's no way he could have expected privacy for his family.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Glen Beck is an actor, reading his lines, inciting his masses. Spilt wine becomes free-publicity and proclaimed an attack on him and his family by vicious liberals. Next please.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I can't believe there are people here defending this incident. You may not like Beck or his views but he has every right to share them. If you don't like it then don't listen. Someone throwing wine on your wife goes beyond normal political discourse.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight76

How on God's Green Earth you ever arrived at that cockeyed conclusive is beyond me.

Talk about non sequiturs,..you win the cigar.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

edit on 29-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
On his show, Glenn Beck preaches hate, anger, and violence towards anyone who doesn't share his beliefs.

I don't approve of either party's actions, but why would he think that it would not come back to him?

Its as if he doesn't realize the impact that he has had on popular culture, perhaps it was just a game to him.

Do unto others as you would like them to do unto you; do the crime, do the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join