It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Glenn Beck and Family Attacked in New York’s Bryant Park

page: 17
27
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138
 


You wasted far too much time there.
I'm aware of the definition. I still don't think this is assault.

Would you say if someone stood and threatened to throw wine on her that would be assault? Because if splashing someone with wine is assault, posturing and threatening to splash them is assault too.




posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Looks like Becks fans hate free speech.

Considering that Beck verbally assaults everyone in the country who has half a brain, I am surprised he made it out of there alive.

Then there is this jewel of a statement Beck made in 2005.


"When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh shut up' I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining." (2005)


If there were any 9/11 victim families there, a verbal assault would have been completely justified. When you trash talk people like that, only a moron could claim that you don't have it coming back when the opportunity presents itself.

It is a tribute to the decency and civility of New Yorkers to tolerate the man.

Ah, but apparently, Beck lied about the whole incident. Gee, What a surprise


nymag.com...



Myself and several of my friends were seated immediately behind Mr. Beck & co (have pictures) and I can tell you that while the crowd was certainly not *thrilled* that he had shown up, his family was left completely alone, and for the most part he was too. Conversely, it was his security detail (two body guards) that seemed to be unnecessarily prickly with the crowd, scolding myself and my friends for acrobatics and other harmless activities taking place well before the movie started, and contributing to a considerably less relaxed atmosphere than is typically experienced during BPMN (I've been going for about six years now).

It was my friend that spilled the glass of wine on Tanya -and I can assure you that it was a complete accident. A happy one, to be sure, but nonetheless a complete and utter accident. As soon as the wine spilled (and I question how Tanya became soaked from a half glass of wine) apologies were made and my friends pretty much scrambled to give Tanya & co napkins -no doubt aware that it would look terrible and that their actions could be perceived as purposeful. No words were exchanged after that, as I think that it became pretty clear to Beck & co that my friends and I were doing everything in our capacity to help clean the "mess".


Just more proof that Beck is a first class douche.



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

frikin leftie buttmunchers, they will start the war.


What gives you the right to disrespect homosexuals?



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas
 


It won't change them. It will end them. Problem solved.



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
There are pictures and even a video but youtube is busy deleting them as soon as there posted. I wonder who could be behind that?


Originally posted by JBA2848











I can't believe that crowd. They were lined up with pitch forks and all seemed to be carrying guns. And they were yelling and trying to start fights with people. Oh wait im thinking of the crowds from the Obamacare protest.
edit on 29-6-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Plenty of people claiming that Beck lied about the events of the other evening. However, the twittering of the woman sitting behind him may tell a different tale. A tale that is much different from the account that she wrote in an open letter to New York Magazine. The author of that well crafted letter is also a writer of short stories and poetry. Too bad she wasn't so elegant with her twitter blasts all of which have been deleted after the fact




and a response from one of her Twitter followers regarding "accidentally" spilling something.




for screen shots of the twitter blasts from now blocked accounts go here www.theblaze.com...
Beware the source is The Blaze but twitter accounts tell all especially when those accounts are now wiped clean.


Accident or "Accident" only those who "spilled" the wine will ever know. The bad blood and hostile mood of the crowd around Beck is certain. Just read the twitter comments.



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848
 


One would think that the video is owned by someone.

In addition, a peaceful crowd before an event doesn't mean that's the way they will continue to be. People en mass are animals, quickly stirred to all sorts of evils one alone wouldn't do.



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   


One woman, Lindsay Piscitell, who was sitting behind the Becks at Bryant Park, shared her version of events with New York Magazine.

She said it was his security detail that seemed to be "unnecessarily prickly with the crowd, scolding myself and my friends for acrobatics and other harmless activities taking place well before the movie started."

As for the wine?

"It was my friend that spilled the glass of wine," said Piscitell, adding that apologies were immediately made to Beck's wife, Tania. "And I can assure you that it was a complete accident. A happy one, to be sure, but nonetheless a complete and utter accident"


[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/06/29/2011-06-29_fox_news_host_glenn_beck_my_family_was_harassed_during_bryant_park_screening_of_.html[/ url]


Do people do any RESEARCH now a days? ATS is a wonderful site but it is not a newspaper. There are other sides to this story than Glen Beck and the OP. No one should be attacked for any belief (or appearance), but sadly this sentiment is only shared by a few. That being said, NO ONE was attacked. As far as celebrities being heckled, there is nothing extraordinary about that.

Celebrities have fame, fortunes and fans (all because of us regular folk). In exchange they relinquish their privacy to paparazzi, heckling and everybody having an opinion on their looks and personal life. This is a well known FACT.



He likened the attack to a public lynching.

"'I swear to you, I think, if I had suggested, and I almost did, 'Wow, does anybody have a rope? Because there's tree here. You could just lynch me.' And I think there would have been a couple in the crowd that would have," Beck said on his radio show.

Beck decided against leaving, but said the crowd -- "some of the most hateful people" he has ever seen -- began to applaud as he exited at the end of the film.

"I have a right to watch a movie and enjoy a movie with my family in the park," he said.


[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/06/29/2011-06-29_fox_news_host_glenn_beck_my_family_was_harassed_during_bryant_park_screening_of_.html[/ url]


I don't know much about Glenn Beck but his incendiary words and clueless attitude leave no doubt in my mind as to why he was heckled. People who voice their disagreements with a well known celebrity (that they never ever see) who himself is famous for voicing his opinion is compared to a lynching? He worded it in a way to suggest that the people there had actually said that. They applauded when he left the same way YOU would applaud if Ahmadenijad left a room you were in. This is America, Glen Beck is not sovereign King. Even the PRESIDENT gets heckled!!


p.s. HE HAD SECURITY WITH HIM, DO YOU REALLY THINK HE WAS ATTACKED OR THREATENED IN ANY WAY


edit on 6/29/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: fixed the links



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by mishigas
 


Throwing wine on someone is not assault.

You are the moronic liberal to Beezzer's moronic conservative.

What happened to common sense?


I wasn't going to say this as I'm sure it's been said, but after the ninth or so time I couldn't stand by anymore.

Throwing wine on someone, if intentional, IS assault. Just like spitting on someone IS assault. Not to mention it is classless and stupid. I don't really like Beck but I'm not going to throw anything at him. Hell, I wouldn't even look at him let alone his family. What I would do is I'd go about enjoying my own day, because I'm in America and at least for today I get to do that.



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD
 


H e left just befor the end of the movie. Yes he stated for the whole movie. And got up in the last picture with his body gaurds and left befor the end credits. Of coarse people applaud at the end of a movie or event.



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xFiDgetx
 


Read my above post on the same page you replied.
Yes I understand it can be considered assault, but it wasn't.. As I asked earlier
if someone postures threateningly to throw wine on you do you think that is assault? Because by definition it is.


Either.. it wasn't because she wasn't violent about it, the girl clearly pulled the b**ch "oops, spilled wine on you" move. So it wasn't assault. Sorry, it was not assault. There was no violence or standoff. So stop getting all flustered.
edit on 29-6-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Can't stand Beck nor the hate that manifests itself from his "media".

However, his family is not doing this.

Leave them alone.

I remember him mentioning a few years ago (back when I used to listen to him) explaining a story about how Ron Paul supporters ran his vehicle off the road after he was critical of him on his show.

Should we stereotype all "conservatives" as many of you are stereotyping "liberals??"

Either way, this event was good for Glen Beck. He's in the headlines again and will likely make some cash from this in the end.
edit on 29-6-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xFiDgetx
 


The big question is why did Glenn Becks wife set her glass of wine on a blanket on the ground. Yes it was there wine. No body took her wine from her and threw it on her did they. Maybe I missed that part?



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I used to think that Country Clubs were merely for rich guys to network -- you know, make all those colluding deals that help both of their businesses prosper. It couldn't JUST be for Golf and Steak, could it? I mean, for $250,000 a year, I could have my Steak brought on the backs of two Call Girls -- and forget about golf.

But, really, I had an epiphany; If I were a lying douche-bag like Glenn Beck, who got on TV because my message helped direct the Angry Masses away from the greedy, exploiting Robber Barons (like the Koch brothers) who I work for -- I would eventually need a place, to just hang out, and hang around with other scheming douche bags.

I also figure, for Executives who've fired a few hundred employees -- they can no longer hang out at Chuck-E-Cheeses.

>> So what is the problem, really? Glenn Beck is too cheap to get a Country Club membership and a body guard. Seriously Glenn, you can fool "some of the people, all of the time" but for those you cannot fool, they will voice their frustration and anger at you, whenever they see you -- because you and your kind have made the masses impotent and unheard. So use some of those Millions you get paid to fool the fools and quit being a cheapskate.

It's time to hire BlackWater guards for your house, and to watch movies at the Country Club -- stop thinking that the "Public" needs to become more tame. That's going to require a LOT more fluoride in the water...



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD


One woman, Lindsay Piscitell, who was sitting behind the Becks at Bryant Park, shared her version of events with New York Magazine.

She said it was his security detail that seemed to be "unnecessarily prickly with the crowd, scolding myself and my friends for acrobatics and other harmless activities taking place well before the movie started."

As for the wine?

"It was my friend that spilled the glass of wine," said Piscitell, adding that apologies were immediately made to Beck's wife, Tania. "And I can assure you that it was a complete accident. A happy one, to be sure, but nonetheless a complete and utter accident"


[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/06/29/2011-06-29_fox_news_host_glenn_beck_my_family_was_harassed_during_bryant_park_screening_of_.html[/ url]


Do people do any RESEARCH now a days? ATS is a wonderful site but it is not a newspaper. There are other sides to this story than Glen Beck and the OP. No one should be attacked for any belief (or appearance), but sadly this sentiment is only shared by a few. That being said, NO ONE was attacked. As far as celebrities being heckled, there is nothing extraordinary about that.

Celebrities have fame, fortunes and fans (all because of us regular folk). In exchange they relinquish their privacy to paparazzi, heckling and everybody having an opinion on their looks and personal life. This is a well known FACT.



He likened the attack to a public lynching.

"'I swear to you, I think, if I had suggested, and I almost did, 'Wow, does anybody have a rope? Because there's tree here. You could just lynch me.' And I think there would have been a couple in the crowd that would have," Beck said on his radio show.

Beck decided against leaving, but said the crowd -- "some of the most hateful people" he has ever seen -- began to applaud as he exited at the end of the film.

"I have a right to watch a movie and enjoy a movie with my family in the park," he said.


[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/06/29/2011-06-29_fox_news_host_glenn_beck_my_family_was_harassed_during_bryant_park_screening_of_.html[/ url]


I don't know much about Glenn Beck but his incendiary words and clueless attitude leave no doubt in my mind as to why he was heckled. People who voice their disagreements with a well known celebrity (that they never ever see) who himself is famous for voicing his opinion is compared to a lynching? He worded it in a way to suggest that the people there had actually said that. They applauded when he left the same way YOU would applaud if Ahmadenijad left a room you were in. This is America, Glen Beck is not sovereign King. Even the PRESIDENT gets heckled!!


p.s. HE HAD SECURITY WITH HIM, DO YOU REALLY THINK HE WAS ATTACKED OR THREATENED IN ANY WAY


edit on 6/29/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: fixed the links


That woman also wrote this in a blog.



When did she find the time to make a sign that read "fascist douche bag"??



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by xFiDgetx
 


Read my above post on the same page you replied.
Yes I understand it can be considered assault.. but as I asked earlier
if someone postures to throw wine on you do you think that is assault? Because by definition it is.

Either.. it wasn't because she wasn't violent about it, the girl clearly pulled the b**ch "oops, spilled wine on you" move. So it wasn't assault. Sorry, it was not assault. There was no violence or standoff. So stop getting all flustered.


You're right. The next time someone pisses me off I'm just gonna punch them right in the face. Then I can just look around and say "I was swatting at a fly, I didn't MEAN to punch him in the face."

And who was getting flustered? I saw a line that said "throwing wine on someone is not assault." Well that is not accurate and I was stating as much.



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848
 


No one there looks like the give a damn. You can tell the pictures don't lie because Glen himself is in a very relaxed position. If things were tense, he wouldn't be lying down.



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho
 


Can you follow the terms and conditions and give me a SOURCE for your information



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by xFiDgetx
 


The big question is why did Glenn Becks wife set her glass of wine on a blanket on the ground. Yes it was there wine. No body took her wine from her and threw it on her did they. Maybe I missed that part?


I'm sorry. I had two sentiments with my post and I did jumble them together. My fault. My points were that intentionally throwing wine IS assault. The second was that I don't like Beck and wouldn't even talk to him if I was in the same room as him. I didn't really intend to weigh in on the story specifically.



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by xFiDgetx
 


The big question is why did Glenn Becks wife set her glass of wine on a blanket on the ground. Yes it was there wine. No body took her wine from her and threw it on her did they. Maybe I missed that part?



We can expect that the Biggest Bullies are the Biggest Cowards, and will squeal like stuck pigs.

After all the "2nd amendment solutions" this twerp has advocated, I think we merely have a case of;
Can dish it out, but can't take it.

I really don't care if someone threw win on her, or peed on her head. I WOULD be calling for civil society and citizens to leave their politics at home -- but that was BEFORE a decade of Rigged electronic voting machines, a supreme court that allows businesses to run our country, and non-stop propaganda from shills like Beck on almost every station.

We have people who have made the laws work for Bankers and Barons -- and we don't have trials that go after war criminals and traitors. So I say; "let's quit pretending that our society is anything but a rigged game, and start meting out justice!" Glenn Beck is merely whining that someone brought a "rude comment to a gun fight." It's really annoying, that, after being carpet-bombed in Asymmetrical warfare, we have to endure the tribunals for "spot lights that are too bright!"



new topics

top topics



 
27
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

log in

join