It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck and Family Attacked in New York’s Bryant Park

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If Glenn Beck was just your average American male out with his family and this happened ...what would you think? What would you say? Let's say it was you and your family....would you be upset?

Glenn Beck...like him or not.. has a right to be upset about this. Throwing wine on someone and taunting them is a crime. It was wrong and should not have happened.

He should be able to go out with his family and have a good evening...that is his right...just like everyone else in America.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
All political opinions aside, what kind of pansy throws a glass of wine onto a woman's back? What is this, 3rd grade?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Buy a gun.

Problem solved.

link   
I was not going to chime in here but some of the responses are actually very disturbing and serve as a direct reflection of where our nation of "Flash Mob" thugs is heading.

Like him or not Beck has every right to attend a public viewing of a movie in a public park with his family. You want to heckle him personally, call into his radio show or send him an email or chat in his forum. Anything beyond that is just wrong especially when directed to his wife or children in person. And for those who shouted "republican" I have to laugh because you are clearly not familiar with Beck's political stance.

Acting out on one's internal rage against another is not a good sign folks. Lack of discipline, civility and self control = loose screw.

link   

Originally posted by The Old American
And this story may be made up. But at the moment the only information we have is that this situation occurred.

The story may be made up...but the situation occurred (said in the affirmative). How does that work out? If the story turns out to be fabricated, then the situation clearly did not occur.

(Though I quoted your response, what I write from here onward is not directed toward you alone--this is a general reply.)

I'm having a considerable degree of trouble with most who have responded to this thread. There is no confirmation that any hostility occurred, only a he said-she said mess in which Glenn Beck is claiming to have been attacked while those he accuses (and a few spectators) say he's lying. There is no video footage of the incident (or it hasn't yet been released to the public), and the photos that have been released seem to show a rather jovial Glenn Beck being largely ignored by those around him. So why are so many of you, both liberal and conservative, so damn eager to jump on this and let the vitriol spew? Surely you realize how moronic and irrational you seem. Whether your response has been "The bastard got what he deserved!" or "How dare they attack an innocent family? Typical liberal hatred!", you're feeding from a story that is--at this point--nothing but accusations and rebuttals. It's silliness, and quite typical silliness at that. It seems as though this is not a lesson we would need to be taught repeatedly, and yet here we are once again. It's disheartening.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I hate to say it, but the thing that bothers me the most is the incorrect use of the word "assault" everyone is using. I believe what you're looking for is "battery".
And on that note, I'd like to swing a bag of batteries at Mr. Beck myself. LOL

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by canselmi
All political opinions aside, what kind of pansy throws a glass of wine onto a woman's back? What is this, 3rd grade?

That's how they do it on the left, all fancy and whatnot. Conservatives who stoop to this level would have used a spit cup full of Copenhagen. Either way, Glen should have kicked those guys butts for throwing wine on his wife.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Buy a gun.

Problem solved.

I own several, and I CC. Not the solution at all.
It will not change sick attitudes.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
When you're a fear mongering journalist you are bound to attract negative attention.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Those of you who think this behavior is OK, are the problem. You are the people everyone should fear. In the end you will be the ones at the heart of anything bad in our futures. Your ideology is driven by hate and a desire to force your beliefs on anyone not in lock-step with you. Freedom in your minds only applies to those who agree with you. You represent the antithesis of freedom.

Beck was being told, you do not have the right to free speech, only those who agree with us have that right.

The sad part is you don't even know it. How smart can you be?

If somebody tossed a glass of wine at Obama, I'll bet you would be calling for their heads. In fact I know you would. Hypocrites and phonies all. Damn good thing you're such a minority. Like the playground bullies you once were, you will drift into the background as you simply cannot be taken seriously.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Why are people still pretending that this was real rather than an accident that Beck is using to create an incident that never existed?

The actual people who spilled the wine already discussed the issue. They not only offered napkins but also helped clean up the mess.

There was no indication by Beck or his Wife that there was an issue and they made jokes about it.

So...yeah...who do you believe, people??

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
where is the Police incident report ???
why wasn't the Police or Security called ???
where are the witnesses ???
why weren't they arrested ???
where are the pics ???

notice all the bad mouthing occurred
AFTER his wife and daughter left to
go to the bathroom ???

How many people were told they would
be attending this event ???

And why isn't there an article on Fox about this ???

too many unanswered questions leaves
a bad taste in my mouth.

IMO, this was either a left-wing set-up
or a right-wing hoax.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEndIsNear421
That is awesome!!!

It's awesome that a man and his family were attacked and treated poorly because of his political views?

How on earth did your post get so many stars?

People are so messed up these days, it's just gross. Glen Beck is not some monster, he is a guy on TV, who states his opinion about politics and occasionally cries..... That's all he is....

He has every right to his opinion, whether you or I agree with his opinion or not!

Shame on those who came out in support of this attack on him and his family.

Politics is SO screwed up anymore.... We take it so damn personal and are ready to kill over our own opinion!

Well, it's reasons like this that make me VERY hesitant to discuss politics with anyone.... I like life, and if there is no one out there mature enough to discuss politics, rationally, sanely, calmly and civilly, I just wont talk about it, because I don't want to be killed.

Shame on all of you.
edit on 29-6-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I think this was planned and paid for by Glenn Beck. Anything to get more attention and sympathy from his faithful. A staged stunt if you will.

I'm calling Hoax.

edit on 29-6-2011 by whaaa because: 786

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You are just making an assumption. A big one.
I don't think any of that actually.
I think we could get someone decent in office, if people didn't buy into this ridiculous party system and the existing parties (including your faux revolutionary party, whose only existence is to keep people from actually attempting what they claim to be doing) weren't so deeply in the pockets of huge corporations.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by NightGypsy

I'm sorry, but in this volatile state our nation is in--and given the nature of Mr. Beck's dialogue--I don't know why he expects anything less. When you are a celebrity who makes controversial statements on national radio and television, you probably shouldn't assume you can take your family for a day in the park like the average Joe and not garner some attention of this kind. You play, you pay. His wife and kids certainly didn't do anything to deserve that, so maybe Mr. Beck should think about that.

And I'm sorry, but there is no justification for acting like hoodlum thugs. None.

And I have to say this - this kind of behavior is the exclusive domain of the leftist liberals. Never do you hear of conservatives acting like this. Democrats should be ashamed of what their party has degenerated into.

You're right, conservatives usually don't act like this. They usually throw fists and bullets!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Mishigas
You are right it is not a political rally however people are protected in being able to voice their feeling/thoughts whatever even in an inappropriate forum. I don't like that everyone is saying they was attacked because no real harm came of it. Yes he should be able to attend an event with his family but he should also no that his views may bring public opinion down on him when at a public event. Paparazzi would fall in the category as the people involved here, they interfered in his families good time happens everyday to stars, some avoid public situations all together because of this.

caladonea
If it was my family things would have been very different firstly I do not have a radio/ TV show that makes me a public figure/target secondly I would have confronted the group of people about the situation and if all else failed I am sure there was some form of law present there. Beck is a public figure that is going to draw attention good or bad where ever he is. Once you become a public figure you are subject to endless scrutiny and harassment by those who oppose you view that is how any political voiced person has been treated by their counterparts. Just my thoughts about it. Another thought is public/famous people give up a lot of what normal people would consider privacy as I said above the Paparazzi in this country do this daily.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by boondock-saint

I think this was planned and paid for by Glenn Beck. Anything to get more attention and sympathy from his faithful. A staged stunt if you will.
I'm calling Hoax.

hopefully time will tell.
I wouldn't count chickens right now,
the ink is still wet.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperplanes

Originally posted by The Old American
And this story may be made up. But at the moment the only information we have is that this situation occurred.

The story may be made up...but the situation occurred (said in the affirmative). How does that work out? If the story turns out to be fabricated, then the situation clearly did not occur.

The "But at the moment the only information we have" is a qualifier. We have no dissenting reports, no video, no pics of the incident. Therefore "at the moment the only information we have is that this situation occurred." But "the story may be made up", because we don't have that information, either. Context is king.

There are plenty of people that have posted on this issue negatively against Beck that believe this occurred (as evidenced by their verbiage) and still claim he got what he deserved, without uttering word one about the concern for his family. Some even seem to think his family brought it on themselves for being with him, his wife for marrying him, his daughter for, what, being born? Is that what the left thinks, that an innocent person is guilty by association, or by namesake? She was put in a bad situation simply for the fact of being born Beck? Isn't this type of thought what started the civil rights movement, the treatment of black people for being black? Let's replace "Beck" with "black".

The left's colors are showing, and it's bile green.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Shame on all of you.

No shame on you... with all due respect of course.

if you dig around for facts, pictures and witness accounts, you'll find that this whole event was more of a non-incident than an attack... Completely blown out of proportion by Beck, in his classic sensationalist ways.

But, don't let any of that change your opinions on this.

Awesomeness, no matter how you look at it.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join