It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck and Family Attacked in New York’s Bryant Park

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I feel sorry for those that acutally take this man seriously. He uses Vaporub to cry. Is hyprocritical if it fits his BS agenda and has lied 2 times now regarding public events where he claimed he was mistreated.

He just wants some attention. He knows he's on the way out.

Next time he lies, maybe he shouldn't do it in a huge public event where people have cameras?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

So, according to you, a man can be attacked for the words that he says.

Freedom of speech only for people who you like? Your vision of America is dark and frightening.

Reading the Bill of Rights might be helpful...comrade.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno

So, according to you, a man can be attacked for the words that he says.

Freedom of speech only for people who you like? Your vision of America is dark and frightening.

Reading the Bill of Rights might be helpful...comrade.

That doesn't make the supposed incident true. Beck lied again.

I agree with what you are saying though. Staying On Topic though, Beck Lied.

He claimed the crowd was hateful, etc, yet he lounged around and was treated nicely. He was even smiling.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It's tragic that a family's day in the park becomes political fodder, whatever the case.

I wasn't there, and neither was anyone else here, so all political leaning comments are just that.

Bash the left, bash Beck.

Is this who America's body politic has become?

A bunch of name calling juveniles who can't stick to the political issues, but instead has to assassinate characters?

Maturity is woefully missing, on both sides.

I am no Beck fan, but if this did happen, let me be the first 'lefty' to apologize.

I do not believe a man's political affiliation is reason to put his family in harm's way.

If it did not happen, in the way Beck says it did, then it was just another exaggeration of the right, and something we should all be used to by now.

No wonder we can't fix any problems in this country.

Everyone is so polarized that the vitriol is blinding our humanity.

A real shame.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

I guess we need full audio and video of the entire event to believe that evil Glenn Beck
and his family were attacked at Bryant Park.
Snap shots aren't good enough.

---------
Well, we have photos on the thread here that show that he was there.
Hmmm......
I guess it might be true.
But wait! Where is the photo of the wine actually being spilled?

------------
I believe every word Glenn Beck has said.

I also have a - gut feeling - that it was - NOT - an accident.
They spilled the wine on purpose. They also stood up , pointed their finger and
shouted "We HATE Republicans! "
And since we hate Republicans we then of course " accidentally " spilled the wine on Glenn
Becks wife.

edit on 29-6-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

I'm sorry, but in this volatile state our nation is in--and given the nature of Mr. Beck's dialogue--I don't know why he expects anything less. When you are a celebrity who makes controversial statements on national radio and television, you probably shouldn't assume you can take your family for a day in the park like the average Joe and not garner some attention of this kind. You play, you pay. His wife and kids certainly didn't do anything to deserve that, so maybe Mr. Beck should think about that.

And I'm sorry, but there is no justification for acting like hoodlum thugs. None.

And I have to say this - this kind of behavior is the exclusive domain of the leftist liberals. Never do you hear of conservatives acting like this. Democrats should be ashamed of what their party has degenerated into.

No, you're right. Conservatives skip the heckling and go straight for the lynchings.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bigrex

hmmmm... you mean like those who watch and listen glenn beck or rush limbaugh and follow their message of hate but never have actually taken political science or economics classes to understand how wrong they are on most issues?

i got it.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by mudbeed

I guess we need full audio and video of the entire event to believe that evil Glenn Beck
and his family were attacked at Bryant Park.
Snap shots aren't good enough.

---------
Well, we have photos on the thread here that show that he was there.
Hmmm......
I guess it might be true.
But wait! Where is the photo of the wine actually being spilled?

------------
I believe every word Glenn Beck has said.

I also have a - gut feeling - that it was - NOT - an accident.
They spilled the wine on purpose. They also stood up , pointed their finger and
shouted "We HATE Republicans! "
And since we hate Republicans we then of course " accidentally " spilled the wine on Glenn
Becks wife.

edit on 29-6-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

There must have been a second spiller on the grassy knoll.

Darn those conservatives!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
What ever happened to having class, even among your enemies?

People have no respect because we hardly have any self-respect.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Considering the man preaches hate and fomentation of division in America from the safety of his microphone and soon to be cancelled tv show, who can blame people for being upset with him. Too bad his family had to be involved though.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
i am a liberal democrat and i do not like this man at all. how ever, IF, what he says is true, then these people are no more that scum. harassing a family is pure b.s. i do have a problem with what he is saying though. he would be the type of person who would go to the cops a.s.a.p. if it went down the way he says. also, the way he says the guy got up and pointed to him and said what he did sounds like one of beck's caricatures.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

I didn't read anything about attacking them. A glass of wine was spilled(dumped whatever) and some finger pointing and name call no more than he does every night on Fux News channel. No I am not saying that these people were right in doing this but they were voicing an opinion and it appears to be a majority opinion at this event. I would not believe the story entirely because it is only Beck's view of the event. I hope there will be some video of it, just for the truth to be seen.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitl103
What ever happened to having class, even among your enemies?

People have no respect because we hardly have any self-respect.

Lack of self-respect is directly tied to the hate that Beck and others spew on the airwaves. When constant fear-mongering is the soup of the day, the whole meal is going to suck.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hoping the black board of doom was not harmed in the fracas. That would be a true loss.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Beck lies about everything, why the # would you believe this ?

Although i hope some of it happen lol

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I can't stand Glen Beck. He's pompous, a fear-mongerer, a loud mouth, a jerk...there are many negative adjectives to use for him. And this story may be made up. But at the moment the only information we have is that this situation occurred.

And some of you sit there in your easy chair, playing armchair quarterback while sucking down your Mr. Pibb, saying, "Yeah! He got what he deserved!" Did his wife and daughter also get what they deserved? Was upsetting his wife and daughter, and making them feel threatened somehow justified in your sick, little minds? Have they been on television saying what he says? Someone kicked a glass of wine at his wife, not him. What was it she did to get this person so angry that he would assault her?

To you leftist punks saying "it wasn't assault, it was just a glass of wine sheesh it's not a big deal", remember it's you that's supposed to be the "compassionate" ones, the "turn the other cheek" pansies, the "there ought to be a law against (insert perceived personal affront here)" wussies. It should've been an ass-beating by Mr. Beck on the punk that did it.

These people are lucky. I'd ventilate anyone that attacked my wife like that.

/TOA
edit on 29-6-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by mishigas

It was a hostile situation…Long story short, somebody kicked a cup of wine intentionally on my wife’s back, so she was completely wet, our blanket was wet. As my daughter and my wife went to go to use the restroom, they were about, i dunno, a quarter of a block away I guess…some guy stood up and pointed their fingers at them and said “We hate conservatives here.”

I'm sorry, but in this volatile state our nation is in--and given the nature of Mr. Beck's dialogue--I don't know why he expects anything less. When you are a celebrity who makes controversial statements on national radio and television, you probably shouldn't assume you can take your family for a day in the park like the average Joe and not garner some attention of this kind. You play, you pay. His wife and kids certainly didn't do anything to deserve that, so maybe Mr. Beck should think about that.

Maybe Mr. Beck should be allowed to have an opinion of his own. And say what he wants without having his family scared to death by a bunch of unintelligent people. This is what America is supposed to be. He is to keep his mouth shut, because he's trying to tell people the truth. Shame on you. Mr. Beck gets my utmost respect because he sat there and took it like a man and stood behind his beliefs. I say this not being a Beck fan. Just a person of integrity fan.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17

Originally posted by mishigas

And I'm sorry, but there is no justification for acting like hoodlum thugs. None.

And I have to say this - this kind of behavior is the exclusive domain of the leftist liberals. Never do you hear of conservatives acting like this. Democrats should be ashamed of what their party has degenerated into.

No, you're right. Conservatives skip the heckling and go straight for the lynchings.

When was the latest lynching by conservatives, again? Awaiting your links, pics, and videos of these facts that you bring to the table.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

I didn't read anything about attacking them. A glass of wine was spilled(dumped whatever) and some finger pointing and name call no more than he does every night on Fux News channel. No I am not saying that these people were right in doing this but they were voicing an opinion and it appears to be a majority opinion at this event. I would not believe the story entirely because it is only Beck's view of the event. I hope there will be some video of it, just for the truth to be seen.

Well, 'attack' was my word. But you are right...intent or accident makes all the difference. And as for majority opinion, it was a Hitchcock movie, for goodness' sake, not a political rally.

I bet old Alfred could take this story line and make a great story out of it, eh? "A Day In The Park"...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

edit on 29-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join