It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck and Family Attacked in New York’s Bryant Park

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Originally posted by Wizayne
Has anyone in the last ten pages suggested that this could have been a false flag Beck attack staged by his team for the attention and sympathy?

I'm just throwing that out there and have no wish to be involved in left/right BS back and forth. I don't like the paid liar and wish he would just go blind already, then he wouldn't have to watch his family get heckled.

I've tried explaining he's a sensationalist and this story is most likely inaccurate if not entirely made up.

But some people are so ignorant and stuck up, they'll believe anything that a comedian tells them, especially when it involves liberals acting like bullies.

It's amazing how gullible Republicans really are.

There are many photos of the attack on the internet.
There were hundreds of witnesses.
--------------
I guess that's the best option for you.
The attack on Glenn beck and his family was indefensible so the best thing to do is to just declare that the attack never occurred.

-------------
Nice try.
There are clearly lots of liberals in New York City who are full of hate.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Youmakemewonder

Originally posted by bigrex

Beck espouses many virtuous views, you are picking out things in his more ADD moments.

One example was requested. 3 were provided. No one followed him home pouring wine on him and yelling things at him all night either. This is one incident he appears to have mostly made up. One for three is more than enough.

Yes, there you go, I'm sure there is no possibility that Beck was even at that park, he is utterly incapable of not making up something like that, and New Yorker's are just reknowned for their mild mannered approach and conservative Christian views. Yes, you're right, kool-aid tastes good don't it? Pass me some of what you're having.
Beck Family
edit on 29-6-2011 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

That rambling nonsense refutes what I said by....
...?

Humor my friend, you don't seem to have much quotient for sarcastic humor.

No I just like my humor to be funny and make some kind of sense is all. High standards.
Joking that New Yorker's have mild mannered approaches is not funny? Come, come now.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

I am just wondering why anyone doubts the story as Glenn Beck relates it? If this didn't happen how Glenn said it did, then he's extremely lucky to have gotten away with it, but it doesn't sound like he did. Can you think of a worse place in the world than New York City in public and after dark to have it become known the man next to you is the infamous Glenn Beck and no security or police are nearby?? Perhaps Glenn did read a bit too much into this, perhaps not. It's impossible to second guess the man who was there on something that is almost entirely perceptions and subjective opinion, but keep in mind GB has been spending his life with a litany of death threats in amazingly creative and colorful variation for several years now.

Can anyone here say that living under daily threats by people who spend a great deal of time thinking through the details and 'glory' of their sick fantasies wouldn't change the way we thought about and viewed the entire world around us? Just sayin.....

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Too bad they only got a little wet and yelled at. When I first heard of this I was hoping for something a little more serious.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bigrex

Yes, there you go, I'm sure there is no possibility that Beck was even at that park, he is utterly incapable of not making up something like that, and New Yorker's are just reknowned for their mild mannered approach and conservative Christian views. Yes, you're right, kool-aid tastes good don't it? Pass me some of what you're having.
Beck Family

Bigrex, you forgot your [sarc] [/sarc] tags.. some people didn't quite grasp your post.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
I see a lot of people here trying to defend the assault on Beck's wife by pointing to Beck's words. I have to believe those people are just grasping at straws in an attempt to justify violence.

Yes, they will say kicking a glass of wine onto her back is not assault. They are wrong; it most certainly is. So is spitting on someone.

They may try to justify it as 'mild' violence. I ask them, where is the limit before it becomes violence? What is the threshold? How much should an innocent person be forced to bear before the instigators are held responsible?

I'm not even going to argue the "Beck deserved it" ridiculous argument. Too may of these liberal attacks happen nowadays. Anne Coulter having pies thrown at her. The Head of the Minutemen being attacked at Colombia. Etc, etc. Heckling is free speech, but when you cross that line, you are guilty, no matter how many straws you grasp trying to justify it. And Beck's wife and kids are NOT valid targets. But what else to expect from people who mock a Down's Syndrome baby?

Actually, spitting on someone or wine getting on someone is not assault (although it's obviously distasteful). Please, do some research.

Also, you have to understand this story of Beck's is most likely untrue or inaccurate. It's Beck. It's his job to make liberals look bad. So don't fall for every little word he spits out just because he's on television.

Ann Coulter deserves to have a pie thrown at her millionaire face for what she said about 9/11 victims. So don't get me started on that clown.

And really? You're going to bring Glenn Beck's mentally handicapped child into this? Low blow, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Kitilani

I am just wondering why anyone doubts the story as Glenn Beck relates it? If this didn't happen how Glenn said it did, then he's extremely lucky to have gotten away with it, but it doesn't sound like he did. Can you think of a worse place in the world than New York City in public and after dark to have it become known the man next to you is the infamous Glenn Beck and no security or police are nearby?? Perhaps Glenn did read a bit too much into this, perhaps not. It's impossible to second guess the man who was there on something that is almost entirely perceptions and subjective opinion, but keep in mind GB has been spending his life with a litany of death threats in amazingly creative and colorful variation for several years now.

Can anyone here say that living under daily threats by people who spend a great deal of time thinking through the details and 'glory' of their sick fantasies wouldn't change the way we thought about and viewed the entire world around us? Just sayin.....

Dude, the pictures show it was broad daylight. The chick who spilled the wine said it was an accident. There are two sides to every story. Why is anyone so willing to believe one side? You thought it was dark. Apparently you only heard one side and did not even really hear that side.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
What a sad thread.

If this is what our culture has become, it deserves ruin.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Beck espouses many virtuous views, you are picking out things in his more ADD moments.

One example was requested. 3 were provided. No one followed him home pouring wine on him and yelling things at him all night either. This is one incident he appears to have mostly made up. One for three is more than enough.

Beck Family

That rambling nonsense refutes what I said by....
...?

Humor my friend, you don't seem to have much quotient for sarcastic humor.

No I just like my humor to be funny and make some kind of sense is all. High standards.
Joking that New Yorker's have mild mannered approaches is not funny? Come, come now.

No, your long winded "joke" about how Becky was probably not even at the park and NYers are all sweet was just pointless and too long and empty to be funny. I never said he did not go to the park and I never said NY was paradise. Ha ha ha.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

And really? You're going to bring Glenn Beck's mentally handicapped child into this? Low blow, isn't it?

I think that sounds perfectly appropriate.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
There are many photos of the attack on the internet.
There were hundreds of witnesses.
--------------
I guess that's the best option for you.
The attack on Glenn beck and his family was indefensible so the best thing to do is to just declare that the attack never occurred.

-------------
Nice try.
There are clearly lots of liberals in New York City who are full of hate.

Shoe me photos of an attack.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I vote Glenn carries a taser and gives them what for next time

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I can't believe that crowd. They were lined up with pitch forks and all seemed to be carrying guns. And they were yelling and trying to start fights with people. Oh wait im thinking of the crowds from the Obamacare protest.
edit on 29-6-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is spreading war-mongering lies and disinformation about the truth and he thinks his family shouldn't be a part of the heckling? What the hell does he expect. He puts everyone around him in danger.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I wont defend it. If the act was purposeful, it is an assault. And its wrong, unconditionally to kick a glass of wine on someone because you are angry at them. It is a minor assault, but it is an assault nonetheless.

If the glass of wine wasnt intentionally "kicked" and just accidentally got kicked because someone was foaming at the mouth and not watching what they were doing, its not the same as if the act were intentional. Its still a harm, but its not assault. Its an accident. We cant know for sure which it was. Beck, obviously, has strong motive to portray it as purposeful. But, because he has strong motive to do so, you do have to allow for the fact that it wasnt in fact, purposeful.

I can't disagree with anything you said.

Folks, take a lesson from a member who knows how to respond rationally and calmly. I'm referring to IlusionsareGrander, of course, not myself.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Follow-up by Beck on the situation:
The "Loving" Left accost Glenn and his Family

"The worst part of this is that these people don't even know why they hate. They don't watch Glenn's show and they certainly don't hear his message. They are told and taught to hate as a way of life".

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Im niether left or right(kinda disslike extremes)But ive listened to Glenn for many years and give him credit for doing what he believes in,saying what he means,and hes been correctb more often than not.I respect the man alot.No ones family should be harassed but thats how people are in this world today.You can see it in this post on here.Do you really think there will ever be peace when a simple post on one website turns into this kind of ugly bashing???Damn shame.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Yeah he's full of crap.

The lady who accidentally spilled the wine even came forward and said it was an accident.

The pics I have seen, there is NO MOB...Glenn is smiling and having a good time.

What a effing liar.

Ladies and gentleman, there is no reason to believe this man, EVER!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by stormofnight
Im niether left or right(kinda disslike extremes)But ive listened to Glenn for many years and give him credit for doing what he believes in,saying what he means,and hes been correctb more often than not.I respect the man alot.No ones family should be harassed but thats how people are in this world today.You can see it in this post on here.Do you really think there will ever be peace when a simple post on one website turns into this kind of ugly bashing???Damn shame.

Yeah....IT WOULD BE if it was TRUE....which it ISN'T

Still respect a liar? That's your own problem.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I feel bad for his wife and daughter. Not because of the heckling, but because Glenn is the husband and father.

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join