It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck and Family Attacked in New York’s Bryant Park

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

sounds a lot like people's shadows acting up.

They should show love instead of hate. Glenn did the right thing by protecting his family, what those people did was rude, and sought attention. He was doing a good job and they hate him for it because they are in a state of shortage.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigrex

Originally posted by Youmakemewonder

Can you please give us an in context reference from a reliable non-biased source?

You know
just like we got about the supposed wine tossing and yelling.

Amazing how suddenly you all want more context and have excuses but you just swallow every drop Becky shoots on your face.

He's credible in my book, end of story.

That is just stupid.

No sir, we will just have to agree to disagree, good day sir.

Blindly trusting anyone is stupid.
There is really no other word for it. I would not believe Keith Olbermann either.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I see a lot of people here trying to defend the assault on Beck's wife by pointing to Beck's words. I have to believe those people are just grasping at straws in an attempt to justify violence.

Yes, they will say kicking a glass of wine onto her back is not assault. They are wrong; it most certainly is. So is spitting on someone.

They may try to justify it as 'mild' violence. I ask them, where is the limit before it becomes violence? What is the threshold? How much should an innocent person be forced to bear before the instigators are held responsible?

I'm not even going to argue the "Beck deserved it" ridiculous argument. Too may of these liberal attacks happen nowadays. Anne Coulter having pies thrown at her. The Head of the Minutemen being attacked at Colombia. Etc, etc. Heckling is free speech, but when you cross that line, you are guilty, no matter how many straws you grasp trying to justify it. And Beck's wife and kids are NOT valid targets. But what else to expect from people who mock a Down's Syndrome baby?

link   
What was Beck thinking?? I've heard him talk about his personal security issues on the radio show over the years and I was under the impression he had pretty well resigned himself to have some around him 24/7 until he's much older and no longer the #1 enemy. There are people who would happily risk their lives JUST to get a few moments to physically thump on him. I've come to dislike Glenn's non-stop gloom and doom every waking hour, but I still respect what he;s done and the risks he's taken to do it. I hope nothing but the best for him and his family, I just hope they take better care for personal security in the future.

link   

Beck espouses many virtuous views, you are picking out things in his more ADD moments.

One example was requested. 3 were provided. No one followed him home pouring wine on him and yelling things at him all night either. This is one incident he appears to have mostly made up. One for three is more than enough.

Yes, there you go, I'm sure there is no possibility that Beck was even at that park, he is utterly incapable of not making up something like that, and New Yorker's are just reknowned for their mild mannered approach and conservative Christian views. Yes, you're right, kool-aid tastes good don't it? Pass me some of what you're having.
Beck Family
edit on 29-6-2011 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

That rambling nonsense refutes what I said by....
...?

link   
reply to post by Kitilani

HA! You prove the liberal/progressive mindset with your posts!

Just like an low-IQ person like yourself tried to blame Jared Loughner was inspired by the Tea Party and Sarah Palin to attempt to assassinate Gabrielle Giffords.

You are clearly mentally challenged and your logic totally flawed, please get back on your pharmekia

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander

They should show love instead of hate.

You mean like we did the Iraqis under Bush?

Neither party shows "love instead of hate" and I think Beck would have complained even more loudly had he been surrounded by a mob of people hugging and kissing him and his family rather than just heckling and pouring wine on them.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by STEADFast
reply to post by Kitilani

HA! You prove the liberal/progressive mindset with your posts!

Just like an low-IQ person like yourself tried to blame Jared Loughner was inspired by the Tea Party and Sarah Palin to attempt to assassinate Gabrielle Giffords.

You are clearly mentally challenged and your logic totally flawed, please get back on your pharmekia

I am going to have to see those posts I never made before I can begin to address them.

By the way. It is "a low IQ person" but I am sure you knew that with your IQ.

So um...show me those posts or you know, STFU.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It's just beck's opinion on what happened. I don't see anything hostile.

Photos inside

I was on the blanked directly behind Mr. Beck, and while we did find it amusing that wine was spilled on Tanya & co, I can tell you that it was 100% accidental. My friend was drinking her wine and it tipped over, as wine glasses are wont to do. We immediately helped Tanya & co clean up the "mess" and offered them our napkins, and apologies were made. There was no hostility or animosity in the exchange, and I find it hard to believe that a half-filled glass of wine would be capable of "soaking" anyone, even waif-thin Tanya. Moreover, why would we waste the wine?

I believe beck is just overly sensitive about it.. or looking for some material for his show, and you people fall for it.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Beck espouses many virtuous views, you are picking out things in his more ADD moments.

One example was requested. 3 were provided. No one followed him home pouring wine on him and yelling things at him all night either. This is one incident he appears to have mostly made up. One for three is more than enough.

Yes, there you go, I'm sure there is no possibility that Beck was even at that park, he is utterly incapable of not making up something like that, and New Yorker's are just reknowned for their mild mannered approach and conservative Christian views. Yes, you're right, kool-aid tastes good don't it? Pass me some of what you're having.
Beck Family

...?

Humor my friend, you don't seem to have much quotient for sarcastic humor.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

There is really no other word for it. I would not believe Keith Olbermann either.

True, I will entertain the idea that he may have embellished, but he is innocent until proven guilty in my book, sorry if that raises your hackles.

link   

Originally posted by mishigas
I see a lot of people here trying to defend the assault on Beck's wife by pointing to Beck's words. I have to believe those people are just grasping at straws in an attempt to justify violence.

Yes, they will say kicking a glass of wine onto her back is not assault. They are wrong; it most certainly is. So is spitting on someone.

They may try to justify it as 'mild' violence. I ask them, where is the limit before it becomes violence? What is the threshold? How much should an innocent person be forced to bear before the instigators are held responsible?

I'm not even going to argue the "Beck deserved it" ridiculous argument. Too may of these liberal attacks happen nowadays. Anne Coulter having pies thrown at her. The Head of the Minutemen being attacked at Colombia. Etc, etc. Heckling is free speech, but when you cross that line, you are guilty, no matter how many straws you grasp trying to justify it. And Beck's wife and kids are NOT valid targets. But what else to expect from people who mock a Down's Syndrome baby?

When Beck is around to be heckled and he has supporters with him they are heckled too. Spilling wine on someone is not assault, could of been an accident misconstrued and taken way out of context (kinda like Beck does on his shows) and now we are to believe it's assault.

Edit: After reading more i see it was an accident and like i said Mr. Beck decides to take it out of context. He always screams wolf when all it is, is a pup. Gimme a break Beck and stop grasping at straws to create divisions in the country you claim to love so much.

I think Beck hates America that's why he degrades it and it's people so much.
edit on 29-6-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

link   
I can see that a few have proved GB to be a sensationalist. Some have proved he embellishes stories. Now, has anyone proved that this story ACTUALLY and FACTUALLY correct. I'll even take the long-story-short if anyone has one. "We hate conservatives". That one made me laugh.

link   

I wont defend it. If the act was purposeful, it is an assault. And its wrong, unconditionally to kick a glass of wine on someone because you are angry at them. It is a minor assault, but it is an assault nonetheless.

If the glass of wine wasnt intentionally "kicked" and just accidentally got kicked because someone was foaming at the mouth and not watching what they were doing, its not the same as if the act were intentional. Its still a harm, but its not assault. Its an accident. We cant know for sure which it was. Beck, obviously, has strong motive to portray it as purposeful. But, because he has strong motive to do so, you do have to allow for the fact that it wasnt in fact, purposeful.

link   
Wow. This thread has gone from a loud-mouthed prog spilling wine on Becks wife and shouting to slamming mormons.
We even had one guy on here, said he'd punch Beck in the face.

Only thing missing is a Palin slam and the loud mouth sueing Beck for his loss of booze and strained vocal cords.

Is this ATS or a cage match?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

What violence?

Wine was spilled, not kicked on anyone. What are you talking about?

Between an accident and an intentional assault. Someone sneezing nearby is not assault no matter how much they get on you.

So just keep ignoring how Glenn Beck called a woman and mocked her for losing her baby on the air because Beck did not like her husband. What a great guy.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Beck Family

...?

Humor my friend, you don't seem to have much quotient for sarcastic humor.

No I just like my humor to be funny and make some kind of sense is all. High standards.

link   

reply to post by NightGypsy

I'm sorry, but in this volatile state our nation is in--and given the nature of Mr. Beck's dialogue--I don't know why he expects anything less. When you are a celebrity who makes controversial statements on national radio and television, you probably shouldn't assume you can take your family for a day in the park like the average Joe and not garner some attention of this kind. You play, you pay. His wife and kids certainly didn't do anything to deserve that, so maybe Mr. Beck should think about that.

And I'm sorry, but there is no justification for acting like hoodlum thugs. None.

And I have to say this - this kind of behavior is the exclusive domain of the leftist liberals. Never do you hear of conservatives acting like this. Democrats should be ashamed of what their party has degenerated into.

by your definition, tea party must be the leftiest of them all.

www.youtube.com...

link   

True, I will entertain the idea that he may have embellished, but he is innocent until proven guilty in my book, sorry if that raises your hackles.

Uh....so the wine spiller and the anonymous yeller are already guilty until proven innocent?
How does that work out?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Uh....so the wine spiller and the anonymous yeller are already guilty until proven innocent?
How does that work out?

Apparently Mr. Beck is being charged with a crime here in our little discussion and they are not, how ironic.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join