It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck and Family Attacked in New York’s Bryant Park

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by mishigas

Its not right that his family was subjected to the political ignorance. But he does have many who dislike his ways of mass speaking. Again it doesnt excuse the ignorance done to his family though.

Who says the story is even accurate? You need to know who Beck is to understand the validity of this amusing story.

He's willing to say and do anything to make "those damn liberals" look so "big and evil and...gasp, PROGRESSIVE!"

It's nonsense. Just nonsense. Don't believe everything you hear from a talking head on your television set.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by beezzer

What else would you expect from the group that preaches inclusion and tolerance?

What would you expect from the people that decry the use of guns but would resort to violence if it's in their own interests?
What would you expect from the same people that'll berrate a family but preach muslim forgiveness?

I'm not surprized. I expect nothing else from them.

Who is this mysterious "them" that you are talking about?
Freedom loving Americans? Clumsy people? Heckled is not attacked.

And since when is inclusion and tolerance dirty words to be thrown out as insults?!
Beck is a media darling. He has to put up with attention from his fans and his critics alike. Just like everyone else on television. Pick a new profession Glenn, if you can't handle the audience.
edit on 29-6-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)
Yeah Glenn! Pick a new profession if you value the safety of your family!!!

ARE YOU SERIOUS???

I guess in todays America, you aren't free to have a difference of opinion. I sure as hell see where this is going!

edit on 29-6-2011 by beezzer because: error

The liberals believe in the diversity of everything except thought.
------------------
In 20/20 hindsight Glenn Beck should have gone with at least 1 bodyguard.
I know Bill O'Reilly would have.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by macman
He advocating murder? really? And the proof please. transcript?

Would you kill someone for that?...I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore...I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it,...No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus — band — Do, and I've lost all sense of right and wrong now. I used to be able to say, "Yeah, I'd kill Michael Moore," and then I'd see the little band: What Would Jesus Do? And then I'd realize, "Oh, you wouldn't kill Michael Moore. Or at least you wouldn't choke him to death." And you know, well, I'm not sure

Source

Hope that helps...let me know if you need for me to google anything else for you

If you take it in context, he was talking rhetorically almost. He was not talking about actually doing it.
edit on 29-6-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

I hear you SeventhSeal and I know exactly who Bec is. I just dont think its cool to bother his family.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

Where there is attitude there is public wine tossing.... intentional wine tossing.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Well, heckling is protected by free speech. Beck heckles. Not all Americans have a media platform to do so, and thus must do so face to face. Hes being a hypocrite there.

And no one left Hillary Clinton out of the fray when she was just Bill Clintons "family" so I see another double standard there. Pundits regularly attack family members of politicians, and it should be no surprise that family members of pundits get caught in the cross fire.

I do think kicking a glass of wine on someone, IF it was deliberate, crosses a line. However, if it just happened to get knocked over onto her, then it is much ado about nothing.

Just because you have a platform, (a TV or Radio show) that allows you to make all sorts of commentary about people without looking them in the eye does not mean you should not have to face the consequences of your speech when out and about. It may be "just a job" to him, and he may want to separate his work life from his personal life, but thats not realistic.

The things he says hurts people. And it serves him right to have to face the people who are hurt by his speech and forced to hear THEIR opinions of it.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

And I have to say this - this kind of behavior is the exclusive domain of the leftist liberals. Never do you hear of conservatives acting like this. Democrats should be ashamed of what their party has degenerated into.

Ummm, Im sorry, but you are wrong.

After the election in 2004, I was working in a bookstore while finishing my degree, and we had a conservative come in, ask us at the desk who we voted for, and when we didnt say "Bush" he said someday they would be shooting liberals in the street and he would be first in line. We just werent famous, and it didnt make the news.

Nuts and aggressive idiots are not exclusive to one party. We just did not make the same mistake of generalizing YOU are. ALL liberals would not do what they did. And ALL conservatives would not abstain from it. We just wrote HIM off as a right wing nut job, we didnt then make the claim that he somehow represented ALL conservatives with his murderous feelings towards liberals or intellectuals.

edit on 29-6-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Both parties are destroying the country on purpose they are one in the same. The whole right/ left paradigm is used to split the people so they dont know who the real enemy is.... Bush and Obama both need hung they are traitors. Msnbc and Cnn lie all the time and fox is the half truth station. Its harder to lie to rich republicans they are not stupid they earned the money in this system.

I think that Glenn has his own personal issues like the fake crying but no one should pour wine on his family... Look how fired up people are getting just fighting over liberals or conservatives. Glenn Beck along with others do have plans and they are good for neither conservatives or liberals.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I know this is probably normal behavior for a liberal such as yourself, or a 4 year old. But the constitution was created in this country so we can have freedom of speech and difference in opinions without being attacked. Maybe you forgot to study that part. Stop the hypocrisy, it makes you look foolish. Im 100% sure you wouldnt have jumped in and said what you did if it was Michael Moore this happened too. So with your argument, anybody who makes a political statement should be open for attack, such as gays, african americans, women, etc. Because all groups of people make strong statements in what they believe in, it doesnt/shouldnt invite open attacks on them.

Liberalism is a mental disorder (Proof)

Veteran psychiatrist calls liberals mentally ill
Publishes extensive study on 'Psychological Causes of Political Madness'

www.wnd.com...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more: Veteran psychiatrist calls liberals mentally ill www.wnd.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Love the post Eurisko, keep it coming.
Good to see youve joined this thread. I know Im not alone now.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by SeventhSeal

I hear you SeventhSeal and I know exactly who Bec is. I just dont think its cool to bother his family.

I agree it's unjustified to mess with anyone's family, but like I said, the story is highly unlikely to be completely accurate to what actually happened. Beck is a sensationalist.

This is common knowledge, though.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Would you kill someone for that?...I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore...I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it,...No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus — band — Do, and I've lost all sense of right and wrong now. I used to be able to say, "Yeah, I'd kill Michael Moore," and then I'd see the little band: What Would Jesus Do? And then I'd realize, "Oh, you wouldn't kill Michael Moore. Or at least you wouldn't choke him to death." And you know, well, I'm not sure

Source

Hope that helps...let me know if you need for me to google anything else for you

you are right on the money...gee, and the right-wingers wonder why beck is looked at like he is a piece of garbage...why??......BECAUSE BECK COMES RIGHT OUT PUBLICLY AND SAYS HE WANTS TO MURDER PEOPLE!!!....and what? the republicans on this thread are upset that liberals harrass him?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Social media though can be blamed for some of this.Getting way way to loud and messy.

how?

And what...blame for...erm..not following. what is "some of this"...what is "this"?

I guess things like the facebook so called Arab Spring and stuff like that makes it easy to organize all of this chaos going on.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Source

you are right on the money...gee, and the right-wingers wonder why beck is looked at like he is a piece of garbage...why??......BECAUSE BECK COMES RIGHT OUT PUBLICLY AND SAYS HE WANTS TO MURDER PEOPLE!!!....and what? the republicans on this thread are upset that liberals harrass him?

Can you please give us an in context reference from a reliable non-biased source? The man has ADD and it is exceedingly easy to pull up a sound byte out of context to smear him as you may have just done. Beck is constantly joking and making light of situations that would otherwise just make one very frustrated.
edit on 29-6-2011 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Liberals have plenty of tolerance for others lifestyles and thoughts. Hence the approach many liberals take that, "Well it isn't my choice but if someone wants to have an abortion, if that man wants to marry a man"...or do I have it backwards? Is it conservatives who take this stance?

What Liberals don't have tolerance for are fear-mongerers and hypocrits.

Ha ha very funny - that's why progressives started to call themselves 'liberals' so they could pose as 'tolerant' to everything that conservatives were opposed to.

They could disguise their 'radical marxism' as big hearted liberalism - and suck in enormous numbers of young niaive idealistic dupes to swallow their bull# hook line and sinker.

Just answer the statement, am I wrong, is it the conservatives who are tolerant of the things listed?

Lemme make it easier for you...what are conservatives tolerant of?

As a Conservative, let me answer your question... I am tolerant and accept EVERYTHING and ANYONE, as long as it/they do not infringe on the freedom and liberty of someone else. I could care less if gay people get married, because it doesn't effect my life one way or the other. Not all Conservatives are religious zealots.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Has anyone in the last ten pages suggested that this could have been a false flag Beck attack staged by his team for the attention and sympathy?

I'm just throwing that out there and have no wish to be involved in left/right BS back and forth. I don't like the paid liar and wish he would just go blind already, then he wouldn't have to watch his family get heckled.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It seems to me anyways there is something seriously going bad with journalism and no one can tell what the facts are.However the fire in politics right now seems to be fueled from liberal media losing thier power and Obama critisizing Fox news.So I would even blame Obama comments for some of this.Beck is a target though.I just hope people would respect other people views and opinions.Seems like respect is declining.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

Not gonna go away though,it is getting even worse it seems to me.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

True. But the progressive liberals have made an art form (golly possible NEA grant!) out of intimidation, protest, fear-mongering, name-calling and hatred.

When I read this I was thinking you were talking about conservatives. Give me a break, both parties including the tea party have their hands dirty. You're closing a blind eye toward conservatives because of a partisan stance.

These parties are self serving so why defend them?

These partisan threads are really getting old.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wizayne
Has anyone in the last ten pages suggested that this could have been a false flag Beck attack staged by his team for the attention and sympathy?

I'm just throwing that out there and have no wish to be involved in left/right BS back and forth. I don't like the paid liar and wish he would just go blind already, then he wouldn't have to watch his family get heckled.

I've tried explaining he's a sensationalist and this story is most likely inaccurate if not entirely made up.

But some people are so ignorant and stuck up, they'll believe anything that a comedian tells them, especially when it involves liberals acting like bullies.

It's amazing how gullible Republicans really are.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I still enjoy watching Beck..I agree with His point for the most part.But He does play to the right wing.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join