It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wildfire rages near US nuclear lab

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Wildfire rages near US nuclear lab

english.aljazeera.net

A wildfire is raging for a third day in the hills of northern New Mexico near the nuclear laboratory where the atomic bomb was first developed.

The blaze came within a few kilometers of a dump site where around 20,000 barrels of plutonium-contaminated waste is stored at the Los Alamos National Laboratory.

However, officials said that the fire is being kept at a safe distance and there is no danger of it reaching the low-level radioactive materials.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Both the town of Los Alamos, home to about 10,000 residents, and the laboratory, with a work force of about 12,000 people, were evacuated on Monday, and the lab will remain closed at least through Wednesday, officials said.

The Los Alamos laboratory, which was established during World War II as part of the top-secret Manhattan Project that developed the first atomic bomb, remains one of the top nuclear arms manufacturing facilities in the US.

english.aljazeera.net
edit on 29/6/11 by Freedom_is_Slavery because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
They american government is poisioning the only real enemy that they are threatened by. The ARMED American public.

Wake up. God help you.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
this seems very strange to me...

if this goes any further and something happens, and then in the near future something else happens involving anything nuclear. i just want it to be known that i said something.

just saw this post in a similar thread

Originally posted by watcher3339

Is anybody else starting to get a little bit uncomfortable with the number of nuclear mishaps, near mishaps, etc.
It strikes me as too much all of a sudden. The whole nuclear front thing has been mostly clear for several years and now all of a sudden, all in row. Like foreshadowing....I don't like it.

www.reuters.com

Second Source
edit on 28-6-2011 by watcher3339 because: 2nd source

edit on 6/29/2011 by ashtonkusher because: (no reason given)

top topics

join