It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion, idiots and lack of sensibilities!! WTF?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkmask

Thing is it could be both. Could this force be intelligent? Who are we to say one way or the other?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TylerDurden2U
reply to post by jessejamesxx

how many billions of people? can you provide some documentation or links? or should i have "faith" that you are presenting fact? keep in mind, that would be ignorant.

I'm so glad you're starting to ask questions and trying to substantiate things that you have been told since you were a child...now onto your religion. Hey, you might be able to cut the fat, and use what's useful from it.. and be better off.

I'm not saying that it's dumb to have a religion, or to have a faith, I'm saying it's dumb to blindly follow and be what your parents and society wants you to be. That's what they conditioned you for your whole childhood right?

I understand the point you're trying to make, but I also understand that it's misguided. Apples and oranges. You can see people everyday, on tv, your whole life - people are tangible. So unless you're living in the Truman Show, it's kind of a dumb comparison, in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Could this force be intelligent?
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Perhaps. Even so, It might not even be aware that it created us.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by Annee

I think the larger question is just too big and us in our current state are incapable of answering it.

edit on 29-6-2011 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows because: (no reason given)

Now this is an answer I can respect, I don't' agree, but it is alot better than what I've heard before. My personal opinion is that man let's the idea of God's existence hinder him from believing, but only because he does not agree with the laws.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkmask

Exactly. And that's just one of a gazillion possibilities. I don't feel we are in any position to know which on if any is correct. Sorry to repeat myself.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I like the way you think.

Stars for you, brother.

edit on 29-6-2011 by Darkmask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

My point was the two ideas aren't mutually exclusive. To be honest I think we'll never truly know one way or the other and think it's a good thing we won't. Well, after we have to learn to not take dissent in opinion so personally. I think the larger question is just too big and us in our current state are incapable of answering it.

Oh yeah - I just think it all began with some kind of reaction - which can be explained by science. That is my opinion.

There is consciousness. What consciousness is - - we do not know.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Oh yeah - I just think it all began with some kind of reaction - which can be explained by science. That is my opinion.

Can you please explain what that reaction is? I must be lost somewhere.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

My thing is. What if it simply always was?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Kind of like the Alpha and Omega, I would agree with that.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

This may make sense if it always was as it goes in line with the concept of "Energy is neither created nor destroyed"..

I personally don't think I'm ready to buy into that yet. I feel that humans being the only creatures on this earth with a true hunger for knowledge.. must have this hunger for a reason.. perhaps the fact that we all hunger for knowledge is the first clue to ansering why we are here.

If you understand why we are here.. you probably already know how we got here as those 2 answer's would pretty much only be answered by knowing the answer to the other question.. if that makes sense haha

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

What if wasn't.

We could go on like this forever.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxCavalera

Energy is neither created nor destroyed"..

I can agree with this. What I don't understand is why is it so hard for man to except the fact that we did not create our selves and therefore there is something smarter and greater than us out there? It just goes to show how selfish man really is.
edit on 29-6-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

What if wasn't.

We could go on like this forever.

If it never was then you would not be here.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
If it never was then you would not be here.

I meant there might have been a beginning.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

edit on 30-6-2011 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Then we have the word of the bible; and a flock of believers who agree. Yet there's still no significant reason to warrant faith (or belief) in such concepts.

The bible is full of immoral preaching, from both "GOD" himself, Jesus and many more "historical" characters.

Even if it was true; and there was a universal dictator, a 24/7 big brother....I would not want to submit to such a regime. I'd rather be good without a book telling me to be good.

...And if i go to hell; It would certainly confirm my suspicion that this "GOD" is NOT benevolent.
edit on 2-7-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ExistentialNightmare

Did I at any point even mention the Christian Bible? I am not the one to argue with about the Christian book or with how you feel about their deity. But I will point the fact that whatever attributes they attribute to it may in part or be wholly untrue and the being still exist. Just people got it wrong intentionally and/or unintentionally.

Christianity is hardly the only representive of all theist beliefs or the only possibility should a "god(s)" exist. I, personally, think that if a deity or deities exist *I claim neither existance or lack* the Universal Unitarians are correct.
edit on 5-7-2011 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExistentialNightmare
Even if it was true; and there was a universal dictator, a 24/7 big brother....I would not want to submit to such a regime. I'd rather be good without a book telling me to be good.
...And if i go to hell; It would certainly confirm my suspicion that this "GOD" is NOT benevolent.
edit on 2-7-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

So in other words you'd rather be disobedient? That reminds me of someone. Anyway, think about this for a second and then maybe you can understand God's point of view.

As humans do we not have our own rules we would like our kids to follow? If I tell my kid not to touch a hot stove it's probably for a reason. If the kid doesn't listen who's fault is that? Yours? No, because you told the kid not to do it in the first place, yet the kid did it anyway and therefore it is the kid who suffers. People need to get off the idea that everything that happens in the world is God's fault.

Write and Wrong has been presented, it's up to you to decide which path you want to take, and the one you select is your own doing, not Gods. So don't blame God when things get hard for you.

And just for the record, you wouldn't even know what was good unless someone told you.

edit on 5-7-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

So in other words you'd rather be disobedient?

No.

Read again.

As humans do we not have our own rules we would like our kids to follow?

It scares me that if God was proved wrong tommorow, you'd think that anything goes; raping, killing, theiving, and lying.

I don't need a book, or a dictator to be obedient to; i'm good because i want to be remembered fondly by those who i loved; I'm good because i want to be good.

Human decency doesn't come from religion; it precedes it.

And let's not forget that the word of God is just as temporamental as democratic law. Not many Christians would admit to being homophobes; many Christians and believers wear mixed fabrics; many do not respect the Sabbath day; many are just as disobedient of scripture as any atheist - Those with "vague" faith.

You're forgetting that the bible has to catch up to modern morality; because it's unfit for our society, much of the ethical and moral teaching is either abhorrent; or could do with an update.

Again, i don't need to be good because of an old book; it devalues acts of goodness if you're expecting a reward, or worried that you might go to hell.

I'm only being disobedient to what men wrote along time ago, men who condoned slavery; and the stoning of people.

If God exists, and he's benevolent, he will forgive me for not believing ancient scripture; he will forgive me for being honest with my convcition; and he'll forgive me because i tried to be a moral human being.
edit on 6-7-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join