It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I am Dead,,,I remember it !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Hi Everyone. Sorry to say I have been a (Lurker) for about two years. ATS has been very interesting and always given me food for thought. Honestly it has given me hope that we can change the way our future is going. But the future is why I am writing this Thread. I tried to test the waters, and how I would be accepted here, but FAILED with a short story that was attempting to provoke thought. Sorry.

What I am here for tonight are answers,suggestions, or input that you can offer about something that has kinda changed my life.
On 2/28/11 I picked my girlfriend up to go to her best friends wedding. I'm a guy that hates going anywhere where there are alot of people that I don't know, but I knew that my girlfriend wanted us to be there together and I could not disappoint her. Actually it was not as bad as I expected. The reception was pretty good,with all you can drink and eat bar.
After several hours of fun we decided to leave. My friend offered us a ride home, which I declined, saying" I would be fine".
The next morning I wake up with my GF by my side but my heart is pounding and I am stricken with sorrow. I had a dream that we crashed on the country road leaving the reception and my GF was killed. I could only see her with a chunk of wood plunged into her chest and blood everywhere. I laid there for what was only a few seconds when she awoke and grabbed me and said "I thought you where dead". She said she saw me smashed halfway through the windshield of my car looking at her but she knew I was dead.

After holding her for nearly an hour I had convinced her that it was just a dream.Then I noticed that some things had changed. Her hair was slightly longer, (by at least 2 inches) and the room looked light blue instead of the off white as it had always been. I brushed it off as me just being hung over.
Since then I have this recurring dream of the two of us leaving the wedding reception and crashing into the woods on the winding country road. I see a tree branch that has broken through the windshield and impaled her chest.
Things are different than they used to be. The tree in my front yard is bigger than I remember, not by much, just different. Outside smells different. Everything tastes different. My billfold is black instead of brown. But the thing that has me really scared is I have the feeling that we do not belong here. I am afraid that my dream is real.
I know it sounds really weird,,, But I don't think I'm in Kansas anymore.

Has anyone felt that this had happened to them before?

edit on 29-6-2011 by Twisted1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Twisted1

Welcome to this dimension!
Enjoy your stay.
I'd recommend "The dream of a ridiculous man" by Dostoevsky to understand what you just went through. it's just a short story so It won't take long to read.
You can find the full text online for free, and legally since Dostoevsky is no longer with us.

edit on 29-6-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375[/Thank you ,,,I will check it out
Does this pertain to my problem.???
Sorry, I have never heard of him before.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Wow, that sounds very strange and scary. Was the dream very realistic like? Did it feel like it was actually happening?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Hibachi

The dream felt very real.
I awoke with the feeling that it had just happened

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I've had dreams like that. I don't think you're dead, but I do believe that dream possibly changed you in some way.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hibachi

It not just the dream that changed me,,,,It's the after effects that changed me.
My perception of what I know is changing.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Welcome to this dimension!
Enjoy your stay.
I'd recommend "The dream of a ridiculous man" by Dostoevsky to understand what you just went through. it's just a short story so It won't take long to read.
You can find the full text online for free, and legally since Dostoevsky is no longer with us.

edit on 29-6-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

Wow.. I found the Dostoevsky story online, it wasn't very long - a little difficult to follow in some spots but overall.... just wow....

I also recommend it
The Dream of a Ridiculous Man
Written in 1877...
edit on 29-6-2011 by Forevever because: no, really, wow...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Very interesting story, if true. As someone suggested, maybe the trauma of the dream changed something about you and about your perception of the world. I was thinking about how easily our perceptions of the world can change. For example people go to hypnotists to lose their fears or change their taste preference for food in order to lose weight. Some hypnotists are able to make you believe anything they want you to believe. In other words our minds seem to be easily reprogrammed. Who's to say that a traumatic dream like that wouldn't change something about you? Who's to say that a world outside of our minds even exists?! Who knows.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I have entertained the notion that we are immortal to a point.
We can not die.
when we think we die, we just transfer our consciousness into a dimension in which we had not been killed.
Meanwhile, the dimension in which we were killed, experiences our loss and departure.
Any residual "memories" would be chalked up as mearly a dream.

Only one way to find out!!!
Brb,...or not.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
I have entertained the notion that we are immortal to a point.
We can not die.
when we think we die, we just transfer our consciousness into a dimension in which we had not been killed.
Meanwhile, the dimension in which we were killed, experiences our loss and departure.
Any residual "memories" would be chalked up as mearly a dream.

Only one way to find out!!!
Brb,...or not.

I'm gonna try not to die twice in one year,,Thank you

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

There's several really great threads here at ATS that talk about situations like yours.
www.abovetopsecret.com... is one.

Listen to this video, starting around 5:45 and it might answer a few of your questions.

:::shrugs::: who knows?
edit on 29-6-2011 by Erowynn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
here is a thread about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

seem to be not so uncommon, very interesting.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
Very interesting story, if true. As someone suggested, maybe the trauma of the dream changed something about you and about your perception of the world. I was thinking about how easily our perceptions of the world can change. For example people go to hypnotists to lose their fears or change their taste preference for food in order to lose weight. Some hypnotists are able to make you believe anything they want you to believe. In other words our minds seem to be easily reprogrammed. Who's to say that a traumatic dream like that wouldn't change something about you? Who's to say that a world outside of our minds even exists?! Who knows.

The story is true,,,and kinda scares the crap outta me.
I really don't know what to think,expect,or do

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
This is the kind of post that send shairs on my neck erecting towards ...well my hair on my head.
In 1990 I was walking in Amsterdam...just a few minutes before I had nearly flattened a beautiful Labrador Guide dog on a tram when my very big Back pack fell off my shoulders , during a sudden tram lurch.

I was given my escaped wallet by a beautiful Blond Blue eyed Dutch lady , I got off the tram , and just as I was about to walk in front of an oncoming tram , a man warned me with his eyes, I looked sideways and I didn't get flattened by the oncoming tram.
The weird and horribly cold thing is . I acknowledged my saving angel with a nod and a look of gratitude , BUT HE just met me with the iciest stare.

I believe this was a supernatural event so I believe you totally.

I believe I was meant to die then, and it may of been to my benefit to have died then.

So you need to examine yourself and delve into what you know about you and your partner.

No one knows about these things but your heart, that speaks late at night.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Fascinating! I am rather interested in this topic, the theory of death being some sort of transition between alternate realities, as I've had a few experiences that made me wonder about it.
It also would fit with some general principles I observe in this world, like that polarity seems to be an illusion..... so our being simultaneously dead and alive at the same time could make sense.

Even if the hypothetical physical death never happened, the fact that you BOTH dreamed this at the same time would have to mean that at least some sort of powerful spiritual or psychological transition had happened in your psyche.......which I still find fascinating!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by booyakasha

Your reply is about time slips,,, I dont believe I slipped through time. I'm afraid I may have died and went somewhere else.
If anything it feels likes I'm somewhere other than I belong.
Things are not the same.;

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by coquine
Fascinating! I am rather interested in this topic, the theory of death being some sort of transition between alternate realities, as I've had a few experiences that made me wonder about it.
It also would fit with some general principles I observe in this world, like that polarity seems to be an illusion..... so our being simultaneously dead and alive at the same time could make sense.

Even if the hypothetical physical death never happened, the fact that you BOTH dreamed this at the same time would have to mean that at least some sort of powerful spiritual or psychological transition had happened in your psyche.......which I still find fascinating!

It is not about dreaming it at the same time,,,,It is about where we belong???
If we died,,,(like I feel)...Where are we now,,,It is different but the same

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
2 hours later and all I can think about is people who get permanent amnesia

you know what I mean? the ones who suddenly walk different, talk different, become different people entirely...

I'm also inclined to agree that you've somehow changed dimensions.

It isn't so much that you don't belong here, however, its just that you didn't originate from here and something inside you knows that.

If I was you, the first thing I would do is start a journal and write down all the things you find different. Try to make some sense out of it and maybe even publish it later - not necessarily for monetary gain, but even scientists today are examining the possibility of quantum realities. You'd make a great case study IMHO.

What I keep thinking is maybe thats whats up with amnesia people too... their quantum reality is just so vastly different from ours that they can't recognize their own billfolds - but you, you only slipped into an immediate one

I don't know - I cant sleep - this is how my brain works on insomnia

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Me and my ex wife both woke up at the same time from having the same dream. I researched a little bit about it and came across The Monroe Institute. You should talk to the folks there about your situation.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join