It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about October 28th. It just got real. it's big.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Found this Earth-Sun-Jupiter alignment from September 2010:

Close Encounter With Jupiter

Not only was it an exact alignment, Jupiter won't be as close as it was that month in 2010 until 2022.

Sounds like perfect conditions for an earthquake right?

Bzzzt!!!

No earthquake over mag 7!

None over 6 either.

Uh oh spaghettio!

Look it up for the whole month of september. And look again at what I actually wrote for that date...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

A week after an alignment is not an alignment.

edit on 29/6/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Depending on how the plates are situated will effect the exact date(gr?). This time it's probably an exact 'match.' like previous times.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

You do realise that the moon exerts more gravitational force on earth than all of the other planets combined?

Jupiter's gravitational force alone is about 1% of the moon's.

www.badastronomy.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by josh2009s
Just as easily asked the other way. Where is all the documentation stating that the alignments had nothing to do with the earthquakes? Not being rude, just fair and just when it come to "theories."

Why alignments do not cause earthquakes
Planet alignments: Fact or Fiction?
Planets for dessert - NASA Science
What causes earthquakes
Seismic FAQ: Planetary Alignments
Dr Mark Sircus: Planetary Awareness (Comet Elenin)
Planetary Alignment History

Need more?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

I see nothing in those links that completely disproves it. But, nice try.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Well according to your awesome, super-cool links, Jupiter has a 0.0000003% mass effect on earth. When you consider the all of the oceans mass is 7.61x10^23 kg, then it becomes obvious how much weight Jupiter can pull around. Enough to cause an increase in seismic activity? Maybe. Little enough to cause no seismic activity? Probably. Enough data collected to determine on way or another? Obviously not.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by josh2009s

the truth is, you can find anything online to support any theory you choose to believe
I'll be back on October 28th to see how it all turns out

right now though, my money is on "if you predict enough garbage, eventually something will come true, then you can have your I told you so moment"

doesn't matter to me, I've already had plenty of those moments

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
So, should we call Cloud and Avalanche because meteor is coming?
Damn you Sephiroth, I knew you were up to something!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Truth is, I never argued the world would end in October. I only argued that planetary alignment causing earthquakes hasn't been disproved yet. And if I would have explained myself, it would have taken you "Forevever" to figure it out. Have a great day!

edit on 29-6-2011 by josh2009s because: .

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Jupiter's gravitational force on earth is 1% of the moon's gravitational force, so how could Jupiter possibly cause earthquakes when the moon doesn't?

edit on 29/6/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Who says the moon doesn't cause earthquakes?

Moon's role in earthquakes.
edit on 29-6-2011 by josh2009s because: Link

edit on 29-6-2011 by josh2009s because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by josh2009s

Who says the moon doesn't cause earthquakes?

Moon's role in earthquakes.

From your own source

"There's no evidence to support that," said John Bellini, a geophysicist with the survey's National Earthquake Information Center in Golden, Colorado. "There were some studies in the past that tried to link lunar effects to seismicity [the relative frequency and distribution of earthquakes] and there was nothing found."

darn and I was all excited for a second there

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Nice article but there's only one person in it saying the moon causes earthquakes, one Jim Berkland.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Like you, I have always been interested in such things.... sometimes they seem to take on a life of their own.

I have a book I want you to read....5/5/2000

About how there will be an alignment of the planets..so perfect that the Earth will be shaken to the point of world wide devestation and a polar flip flop..... sitting in my bookcase even now...dust and all.

Needless to say...always be prepared... BUT instead of having a kit for the Apocolypse that can also serve a hurricane or blizzard...have a kit for hurricanes and blizzards that can also serve the Apocolypse.... probably see those before the other.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Ghost...
I respect your thoughtful construct of what you are predicting, and claim no expertise in astrology OR astronomy or planetary interactions. Having said that, I am absolutely a follower of all things metaphysical and mystical, especially ancient "sciences" and alternate views of reality/the universe.

You obviously put a lot of effort into your post. Nevertheless, I wanted to point out a few issues that may help you to relax. It is not my intention to debunk anything, only to set forth a few thoughts for your consideration.

First of all, (and if anyone can straighten me out on this, that would be great) how has it been decided that the Mayans were referring to our modern calendar? They weren't Christians, their civilization began nearly three thousand years earlier than the current era. I've always wondered about that!!

400 B.C.
The earliest known solar calendars carved in stone are in use among the Maya, although the solar calendar may have been known and used by the Maya before this date.
www.mayan-traveler.com...

Second of all, it seems a bit fantastical to declare that a video game holds the key to unravelling the Illuminati's grand scheme, why on earth would they bother? Did you find also a hidden "clue" that said to the effect of: "If you get what we're talking about, we want you! New initiates meet every such-and-such time and place (check your local Masonic Lodge calendar of events)" (Try looking for it -- you might have found the golden wrapper to get you into the Chocolate Factory!)

Third, what is it -- precisely -- that frightens you so much? If doom is coming, or even unfathomable disaster, I for one expect to be either fascinated by it, or killed by it. Either way -- a witnes or a casualty -- what does it matter? If I'm a survivor, I'll write about it, on plain old paper, for future civilizations to have as a record. If I'm not, well, then ... onward to the afterlife/unknown. There's really no need to be scared or worried, for there's absolutely NOTHING you can do to stop this from happening, or CAUSE it to happen.

If you sincerely think you have only four months left of life as you know it, then try to enjoy them!! Spend time outdoors, listen to the dawn chorus of birds, watch storms roll in, marvel at the powers of the elements, stand outside under the full moon and stars and listen to the night bugs. If you are lucky enough to live near mountains or the sea, remind yourself to look at them, to experience the awe of just how tiny each of us truly is -- and yet how important, and how integral to the collective we call "humanity" -- commune with your soul, see friends, eat what you love best, sleep as often as you feel like it. Laugh, love, consider what comes after death.

....For life's sake, don't sit fretting!!....that can only make your next four months miserable, and when those four months are past, you'll either
A) no longer be suffering life as an incarnate mortal, or
B) be able to say "huh, I thought this might happen!", "neener neener neener" "toldja so"...., or
C) you'll feel manipulated (if not "silly" as you called it in the OP.), or
D) relieved...

and then what? Start looking for the next doomsday? Begin to worry again? Or dance and sing and revel in life?

If your anxiety is so overwhelming that it feels like it's affecting your life, you might also consider some sort of counseling -- a trusted, dispassionate person can help you regain your balance toward the resolution of unwelcome and unwarranted fear of the unknown (but only if you want to regain it).

Best wishes to you for a healthy, happy summer season!
WT

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The truth about this thread. It just got a FAIL.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join