It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about October 28th. It just got real. it's big.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

with all due respect, I am not going to let some troll, who can't control his shadow, criticize me.

Begone, man! This is a thread where only those with positive comments are allowed! As well as those who can control their shadow!

If the events of Oct. 28th 2011 do come to pass, I will live on. I will continue to search for knowledge, and won't let people like you walk around with their dirty feet in my head and shoot me down for trying to look for knowledge!

edit on 30-6-2011 by FreedomCommander because: incomplete

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MACchine

¡¡¡ MY SPECULATION IS BETTER THEN YOUR SPECULATION NENER NENER !!!

I did not speculate. You did. Your speculations were shown to be completely off the mark.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MACchine

Gravitation is a WEAK force EVERYONE knows THIS ...

... even ART COLLEGE DROP OUTS KNOW THIS !!!

What does this commentary have to do when I stated that there is only 1 gravitational force. Gravity may be deemed to be a weak force, but it is the most important force in shaping the universe.

Everyone should understand that.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

You provide no evidence that quakes are due to anything other than plate interactions. You make all sorts of far reaching suggestions that something might be happening yet you never say anything of substance.

So you list some interesting potential, and that is the keyword here, potential indicators of quakes. None of these has been able to predict quakes with any certainty. Work continues in this area of study and that is good.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Can I throw something out?

I might want to say that planetary alignment is just one of thousands of ways to cause an Earthquake.

But true, some people say some far fetched ideas but some, like me, stick to them even when criticized and mocked.

Now let's see what else can cause/trigger an earthquake. Well we got EM waves, and tectonic plate movement. That is just a fraction of the big picture.

I also want to throw out that space is pretty big, and a lot of things are possible.

Oh and gravity, it's been classified by "popular" scientist as the weakest force in the universe. Weak it may be, but how fast is it? As well, gravity have a wide range of strength, so I wouldn't say it's weak. Let's make an example, if a person from Earth was to goto a bigger planet say Jupiter, what would happen? Easy, the person will gain weight by 200% or more, causing the person to be unable to move. However, if this was seen as an exercise, a way to build up muscle, then going on a planet bigger than your home planet would be the best option. And just to make one more comparison, walking one mile on Earth, you would burn somewhere around 300 Calories. Now do the same thing on Jupiter, and you will be a lot stronger, if you can take the heat.
edit on 30-6-2011 by FreedomCommander because: incomplete

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

they're idiots and stupid.

I was very clear to not suggest that anyone was stupid or an idiot. Lots of people - even very intelligent people - fall for hoaxes. I have fallen for them myself although there were obvious signs that a hoax was at play. Fortunately, I have been able to avoid falling for hoaxes due to my earlier mistakes.

Having the full picture is not a requirement in detecting hoaxes. Take a look at the material presented. Begin with the issues that are answerable such as events with fixed issues and dates. From there begin to test the claims that are less certain.

or that we should ridicule or bring down our fellow man for trying to make sense of things.

Did you take my comments personally? They were not intended that way.

If you're so much better than everyone else in terms of the judgement calls you make, then good for you.

I never made such a claim. Maybe you did take some of my comments as personal slights.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I am not putting words in your mouth. I am just asking a question.

Apparently you are unable to answer the question. Why is that? Does it shoot down your suggestion? Well it should make you realize that your speculation was not workable.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ET_MAN

Sorry ET Man but the threads were just the same boring rehash and bad ideas.

There are very few facts in any of the discussions. Rather there are many unwarranted speculations.

Lets look at the first thread. I was not aware of that BB before today.

There is a claim of historical records of objects repeatedly passing through the solar system

This is a ridiculous lie. There are no such claimed historical records. Furthermore, gravitational studies make such an object impossible. Whole sky surveys show there is nothing out there.
A. No historical records
B. Gravity says no
C. Whole sky surveys say no

That's a really, really big lie.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

you were getting mighty close to it stereo. But like I said that wasn't only directed at you.. a lot of people have been putting words in my mouth. I've seen one quote where someone actually changed the person's name who said it to my name. And I saw another person actually put something completely different from what I said into quotation marks.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
People keep saying gravity is a 'weak' force. They manage to leave out that it's a long-range force as well.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Ghost375

Apparently you are unable to answer the question. Why is that? Does it shoot down your suggestion? Well it should make you realize that your speculation was not workable.

Because I don't think what you asked. And no it doesn't, if you look at the model further in time Jupiter is almost always in a position to pull the comet closer to Earth.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

The spirals were due to failed rocket launches. Fireballs occur several thousand times a day. There have been claims of strange craft for decades. Claims of dancing stars or the moon being in the wrong place are common and just plain wrong. The people reporting this are just mistaken or possibly making up stories.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Lol great debunking there.. I'm talking like 9.0+
There 5.0+ almost if not every day

Oh good. You decided to be less vague and have nailed this down to meaning a 9.0 quake as your use of the word major. So if a 9.0 hits any place in the world before California then what does that mean? And could you explain to all of us why this is not random speculation, but an education guess?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Non-the-less its still relevant research and Electromagnetic as laid out in my post is still a distinct possibility no matter how little to the topic of pre-cursors or initiators and /or catalysts for Earth-Quakes

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

Gravity is not believed to be faster than light. It's force is believed to be disseminated at the speed of light.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

As for wormholes, just go to the Bermuda Triangle, there is one there.

So all we have to do is go to fairy tale land, ie the Bermuda Triangle, to find a wormhole?

That's very funny

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section69
I wrote something similar about Final Fantasy VII.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good thread. A lot of people posting here really don't know much about Square and FF nor how huge they are..
They did stuff on the original Nintendo that is just unbelievable.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

reply to post by mb2591

Lol great debunking there.. I'm talking like 9.0+
There 5.0+ almost if not every day

Oh good. You decided to be less vague and have nailed this down to meaning a 9.0 quake as your use of the word major. So if a 9.0 hits any place in the world before California then what does that mean? And could you explain to all of us why this is not random speculation, but an education guess?

Lol its funny how people use tone to try to sway people to their side. Sorry I didn't know people thought a 5.0+ quake was very major... I guess I shouldve said megaquake? Well I guess I only need one shred of proof to prove this is not random speculation so I will give you one that is pretty much indisputable. Its the thread on here that talks about California and how a dam has stopped the mild quakes..

ETA btw I said like 9.0+ as to not nail down the meaning just thought I would throw that in there
edit on 30-6-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

The effect of Jupiter on the orbit of the Earth is called the MILANKOVICH CYCLE.

It's just not Jupiter. It is the interaction between Earth and the other masses in the solar system. Jupiter and Saturn are the predominant masses.

Now we also have a "rouge planet"

This is where the fiction starts. There is no planet sized object within the orbits of the known planets or even within 8X the distance to Pluto. That is a well established fact.

ELENIN has already caused three major earthquakes in Chile and New Zealand and Japan.

There you add more fiction. Elenin is a minor mass. it has had no effect on the Earth that is measurable.

What the author of the thread is suggesting is very valid. The gravity of the biggest planet in our Solar System, Jupiter, is already the gravitational cause of ELENIN not falling directly into the Sun, as would be the case if Jupiter were not causing the centre of gravity in our Solar System to be just outside of the sun.

That is more fiction. Elenin and other comets do not fall directly into the sun just as the planets do not fall directly into the sun.

Which is why all the planets orbit the Sun in elliptical orbits.

This does not follow from anything stated up to this point.

ELENIN is real and certainly not a mere comet as the ignorant continually postulate.

It is a minor mass that is not affecting the motions of any of the planets in a measurable way. No one is postulating it is a comet. It is a comet. It looks like a comet. It is a small mass. It is a comet.

In the mean time I suspect that there will be plenty of idiotic pretending that ELENIN is a hoax.

Actually there is already a lot of wacko commentary that it is not what observation tells us it is. Observation, hard data, states that it is a comet. Wackos who deny the evidence suggest all sorts of unfounded tall tales.

It was much the same situation in the days of the Bible character Noah who built himself a boat so as to escape the rising sea levels at the end of the last Ice Age some 15,000 BC now.

The claims of a worldwide flood are known to be untrue. So if you want to compare this to a known false story that is okay with me.

What the astronomer said is that the Earths orbit will shift so that our year will stop being 365 days returning to 350 days like as it used to be.

Who is this fake astronomer you are talking about? There never was a 350 day year. The year has been getting shorter in terms of days. That is well established.

There is also the possibility of what is called "crustal displacement" like as is believed to have occurred around 15,000 BC as well as on very many other times through out geological history.

Using another hoax! The only established "crustal displacement" was 800 Ma and took 15My to complete. There have been no ECDs in the last 200My.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

reply to post by ET_MAN

Sorry ET Man but the threads were just the same boring rehash and bad ideas.

There are very few facts in any of the discussions. Rather there are many unwarranted speculations.

Lets look at the first thread. I was not aware of that BB before today.

There is a claim of historical records of objects repeatedly passing through the solar system

This is a ridiculous lie. There are no such claimed historical records. Furthermore, gravitational studies make such an object impossible. Whole sky surveys show there is nothing out there.
A. No historical records
B. Gravity says no
C. Whole sky surveys say no

That's a really, really big lie.

Just saying why did scientist purpose planet X.. You try to discredit what people say by using your "logic" I said it in quote because really its your ignorance. Btfu. Your name should be 2012 troll.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join