It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about October 28th. It just got real. it's big.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
ET man did mention that an event "like" a comet.. "May" happen in October this year.
If you read the thread that Puterman started about Elenin,. you will find I posted a comment
about ETmans reference .

Yep, i remember that.
Ghost op can you clarify the date thing?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

If you're interested in the Final Fantasy 7 Scene.

First and most likely last post. Just found this thread interesting
Sorry if this video was posted already

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

OK, well thanks for the clarification. So Jupiter is big, but actually smaller than the sun.

And I *can* see it, if I look in the right place, but at the moment it looks really tiny compared to both the moon and the sun.

OK, got all that.

But now explain to me something else. Does Newton's Law of Gravitation have anything at all to do with this? Or do we just ignore that for the purpose of planetary alignments and doom and gloom threads on ATS?

Please answer quickly because we're running out of time. October 28th may seem like a long way away, but it will be here before you know it.
edit on 29-6-2011 by XtraTL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Ok so ET man says,

This thread was specifically started with intention to deliver this date Oct 11, 2011. I have delivered the date and so now you have it.

a few posts later, he mentions how there's a full moon that day. So you have a full moon, and guess where Jupiter is? Yeah it's going to appear right next to the moon. On the 13th of October, the earth, Jupiter, and the moon will form pretty much a perfect line. and the angle between the earth, sun, and jupiter is pretty close to 180 degrees. The force of gravity of the two combined will be quite high. On top of that, on October 13th, comet elenin is directly between the sun and Jupiter.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Every planet in our Solar System lined up back in 1998. And nothing happened. Don't quit your day job...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I'll be here on Oct. 29th, and we'll talk about what didn't happen.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Ok so ET man says,

This thread was specifically started with intention to deliver this date Oct 11, 2011. I have delivered the date and so now you have it.

a few posts later, he mentions how there's a full moon that day. So you have a full moon, and guess where Jupiter is? Yeah it's going to appear right next to the moon. On the 13th of October, the earth, Jupiter, and the moon will form pretty much a perfect line. and the angle between the earth, sun, and jupiter is pretty close to 180 degrees. The force of gravity of the two combined will be quite high. On top of that, on October 13th, comet elenin is directly between the sun and Jupiter.

I was right, i said about something a week or two before, whats my prize??? cuddly toy? a years supply of tinfoil? blow up justin bieber doll? i wanna know.
Seriously though op, i have been feeling extremely uncomfortable about oct 2011 for a while now, the sheeple (hate that word) are waiting for dec 2012, i think things are gonna start sooner.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I happen to be playing the game right now too (first time in 12+ years). Cant go back and see the scene in question, no save in that area.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

all of the above, hehe.
And yeah I've been feeling uneasy about October for some time as well.
I'm hoping it's just an earthquake and a comet appearing, but I think it may be more.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by croweboy
I happen to be playing the game right now too (first time in 12+ years). Cant go back and see the scene in question, no save in that area.

you can still check out the eye of horus in the temple of the ancients. well, unless you shrunk it already.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I liked the FF7 reference dealing with the planetary room. The comet in the game was black material (magic) that was summoned on purpose. The way it was defeated at the end of the game was with stronger white material called "Holy". Its a little too late to expect the world's population to become holy over night though

Nice read, took with a grain of salt.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Fascinating. I'm off to play Mario Brothers to see if I can predict the next magic mushroom bonanza.

And why isn't anyone talking about Uranus. I would think that a bunch of planets aligned with Uranus would be a real cause for concern right?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

So you have 4 dates as your data, you do realize that in the millions and millions and millions of years there have been plenty of earth sun and jupiter allignments and you have 4 dates listed as your evidence. If you were able to track all of the major earthquakes of 8.0 or higher and show that each one was during an alignment of the earth sun and jupiter then you may have something, but all you have is four dates that proove your point. Plot out about 20 more earthquakes and tell was what the alignment was.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Justin Beiber? really? sheesh
Well anyway,.
this is another wait-n-see thread.
I will say that ET mans thread was a Hmmm moment when I read the date he posted.. at the time he posted it
a year earlier.. for this year.
But... many things pass as nothing

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

The reason alignments are special is because that is when the force of gravity is the strongest. If you know about vectors this is easily understood. The reason a Jupiter alignment is special is because it has 2.5x mass of all the other planets combined.

If you know anything about alignments you know that the planets are not in a line. The vectors you refer to are not parallel. Jupiter although large is far away. The people near you exert about the same gravitational force on you as does Jupiter. They are much smaller, but much closer. There is nothing special about a Jupiter alignment when it comes to effects on Earth.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I was kinda wondering how long it was
gonna take for you to get here

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Looking back at previous dates that Jupiter is in alignment with Earth and the Sun revealed more. Within a week of these alignments, there was always an earthquake with a magnitude of 7.0+.

Source please?

I would venture to say that there is a 7.0 + quake almost every couple of weeks around the globe somewhere. I could be wrong, but don't know where to look to verify that claim. It looks like the average of 7.0+ quakes is 14 a year which averages out to one every 3.7 weeks on average. earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

but 3 out of 4 of the earthquakes were within 2 days of the alignment.. 2 out of 4 were on the very same day. Did you take that into account?

Did I take what into account? I simply showed that when "pure random" events are involved you get a pretty good fit. How do I know that you did not manipulate the alignments to make a fit. Look about 9% of the time you get a direct hit with everything being pure chance. About 30% of the time you get a so-called hit within 2 days. Amazing!

But either way, you still just showed there's a 53% chance a magnitude 7.0+ will occur within a week of October 28th

That's right as long as the assumptions of events being independent and uniformly random are correct. That means that this is indistinguishable from purely random. In other words a hit or miss is about the same as the flip of a coin.

In other words, a hit or miss is meaningless.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymous4now

I am creeped out.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I am very leery every time October rolls around of any year, Stuff happens in October. And this one may pass without any event, but why do so many people have a bad hunch about this October?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join