It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Banning List?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 05:27 AM
link   
With all of the banning controversy currently going on, wouldnt it be a good idea to have an official list of those who are banned? Just a little counter of those who are banned and their current status on coming back. It would clear up many things and I'm sure many would find it very helpful. Just something for the mods to think about...

XAOS

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I would agree with this

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I'm all for it. Ban away...er, just not me.

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by xaos
With all of the banning controversy currently going on, wouldnt it be a good idea to have an official list of those who are banned? Just a little counter of those who are banned and their current status on coming back. It would clear up many things and I'm sure many would find it very helpful. Just something for the mods to think about...
XAOS

It's a silly idea ! This remind me the shindler list !

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Lupe? MT69, Tyler/papa karlo, Bob Grodin, um thats about it...

XAOS

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Was truth banned or did he leave?

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I havent seen truth in a long time, I also havent been in the religian forum for a while so I wouldnt know.

Also Freemason is banned, same with hammerite, but he might still be here lurking around some corner under a false name. fivepuff

XAOS

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
this is SUCH bull#

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
What is?
/adult voice on
Watch your language young man!
/adult voice off
*waggles his finger at KKing123*

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I take it you are averse to banning King?

XAOS

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I should hope not! What would happen if you let any crazy idiot post? You would end up degrading the site, and making the people who are attempting to have intelligent conversations annoyed. Some people might leave because it would just be another mindless site, devoted to crap.

I like ATS the way it is. I like the rules. I think the mods and admins do a fairly good job with their...err, modding and adminning.

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I find it hypocritical that a board that is mostly anti-police state and anti-dictatorship and that stuff is banning people the way it is unilaterally without any discussion with the active members of the board

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
They discuss it on the cosmic top secret board. They could do it on another board, but then they probably have their reasons for not.

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
it's just the mods and admins tho

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I havent been a member that long, but I've been reading these posts for a while and I've never seen them ban someone that didn't deserve it, they usually give them fair warning. I've seen other forums that are so out of hand, I think the admin/mods do a good job of keeping things relatively under control.

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well, bring it up with them. Say that the people should be discussed in the cosmic forum, then when they believe they have a case against them, put on public posting trial.

Or somthing to that effect...

[Edited on 3-4-2003 by joehayner]

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I sent a U2U to WIlliam telling him a little of what i thought

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Cool

I'm not totally opposed to the idea of voting on banishment. Same goes for the Above Award that they keep giving out. Tell us what he says.

new topics

top topics

join