It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recipe for Fascism: Hitler Speech vs Harper Speech

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Listening to Harper addressing Conservatives at the party convention on
June 10, I was struck by the similarities between the Harper speech and
speeches made by Hitler during his rise to power. Even though I don't support Harper or the Conservatives, I don't necessarily disagree with
anything he said in this particular speech. It's just that it sounds so much like the same rhetoric that allowed Hitler to gain dictatorial powers over Germany. The people back then didn't know what was in store for them over the next decade either.

Now I'm not saying Harper is going to start a war to try and take over
the world, but he is planning on building military bases in foreign
countries. So, there is definitely a military component to Harper's
vision of the new Canada.

Also, the way the convention crowd was all fiery, cheering and waving party flags, no one can say that doesn't evoke images of Nazi Party rallies. Luckily, for them, they nixed an idea for a Conservative youth movement. No doubt because of the inevitable comparisons that would have been made to the Hitler Youth. I think it would have been political suicide if they had started some kind of "Harper Youth."

Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power. - Benito Mussolini

Fascism is a dirty word in the modern world. If it were called corporatism would society accept it? Can we deny that Stephen Harper is a fascist/corporatist? Do we care?

Moral Superiority Over a Common Enemy

"All about us the warning signs of this collapse are apparent.
Communism with its method of madness is making a powerful and insidious attack upon our dismayed and shattered nation. It seeks to poison and disrupt in order to hurl us into an epoch of chaos.... This negative, destroying spirit spared nothing of all that is highest and most valuable. Beginning with the family, it has undermined the very foundations of morality and faith and scoffs at culture and business, nation and Fatherland, justice and honor." - Hitler, February 1, 1933

"Power is shifting. New forces are coming to the fore. Some we
will be pleased to work with. Some we must resist. In such a world, strength is not an option; it is a vital necessity. Moral ambiguity, moral equivalence are not options, they are dangerous illusions." - Harper, June 10, 2011

Strength of Family.

"The National Government will regard it as its first and foremost
duty to revive in the nation the spirit of unity and co-operation. It will preserve and defend those basic principles on which our nation has been built. It regards Christianity as the foundation of our national morality, and the family as the basis of national life...." - Hitler, February 1, 1933

"We promised that a Conservative government would work to
strengthen families, not to replace them." - Harper, June 10, 2011

Tough on Crime

"In a new penal code, justice will be put for all time into the
service of maintaining the German race." - Hitler, January 30, 1937

"We are going to change the past policies on criminal justice, we will put the protection of Canadians ahead of the rights of criminals. And so we have introduced tough measures to make Canadians safer in their homes, on their streets, and in their communities." - Harper, June 10, 2011

Foreign Policy

"As regards its foreign policy the National Government considers
its highest mission to be the securing of the right to live and the
restoration of freedom to our nation. Its determination to bring to an end the chaotic state of affairs in Germany will assist in restoring to the community of nations a State of equal value and, above all, a State which must have equal rights. It is impressed with the importance of its duty to use this nation of equal rights as an instrument for the securing and maintenance of that peace which the world requires today more than ever before." - Hitler, February 1, 1933

"We said that a Conservative government would ensure that Canada would be in a position to defend our national sovereignty and to help protect global security. From east to west, from the south to our true north, to whereever in the world the need arises. That means, friends, that we shall continue our longterm program to re-equip the Canadian Forces with the tools they need." - Harper, June 10, 2011

"Our party’s great purpose is nothing less than to prepare our
nation to shoulder a bigger load, in a world that will require it of
us..." - Harper, June 10, 2011

Hitler Speech Complete English Transcripts
www.hitler.org...

Harper Speech June 10, 2011
www.cbc.ca...
edit on 28-6-2011 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Probably cause the same group of people that wrote hitler's speech, wrote harper's... I don't even want to know why he's thinking about building military bases in other countries. We are not known for our army, so lets save us the embarrassment and leave the policing to America... I mean, look at the rep its given them on the global scale

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

edit on 29-6-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Watch the Obama inauguration again, if you want to see real shades of Hitler & Nazi's, brainwashed chanting etc. Note -- I am not a partisan.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Ive been razing some of my uber conservative "friends"
by doing the hiel harper salute for years now
im gonna print them this..
they don't do references when we debate
so they can't lose they think
thanks
should have seen the look on their faces while I was explaining hegelian dialectic to them...

and when I asked well look at aussie howard (at the time) harpers best bud there for a while
what party do you think he is from in OZ?
conservative they said
should have seen their faces when I showed em he was leader of the LIBERAL party

i agree with ron pauls type conservatism..

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I haven't even heard of this Harper guy,but what Obama did and said in Berlin will always stick in my mind.

Read the link:
defenderpublishing.blogspot.com...

Because it is true that any significant public political event requires both forethought and symbolic meaning, the location where Obama gave his Berlin speech in front of Berlin’s Victory Column contributed to O’Brien’s conclusions. The site was offensive to educated Germans as well as to Christians and Jews because of its ties to Adolf Hitler and the Nazis. It was nevertheless oddly appropriate, for it was upon this exact location that Hitler had planned to enthrone himself in the Welthauptstadt Germania—the new “World Capital” upon winning World War II.

...Evidently it was not problematic for Obama, who stood in front of it and saluted the German audience in a way eerily similar to what Adolf Hitler used to do, followed by thousands returning the salute, which is against German law. When Obama ended his speech in front of the war goddess, he said, “With an eye toward the future, with resolve in our hearts, let us remember this history, and answer our destiny, and remake the world once again.” This is exactly what Hitler had promised to do and exactly where he had planned to memorialize it.

Of greater significance and not far from where Obama delivered his rousing speech, is the Great Altar of Zeus in the Pergamon Museum. According to several reports, Obama visited the Great Altar while in Berlin, which is especially important given what he did on returning to the United States. Before we examine Obama’s revealing actions, consider carefully what the Bible says about the Altar of Zeus in the letter to the church in Pergamos (Pergamum, Pergamon).

“And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges; I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan’s seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and has not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth” (Rev. 2:12-13).

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
this is a scary thread
andI don't mean second city floyd and john candy scary either
I mean
oh no
My fascist PM put Israel first scary

Over the last several years, I’ve written copiously on Stephen Harper and his fealty toward Israel. I have shown, convincingly, I think, that he rules not by the consent of Parliament but according to his own dictatorial sense of Divine Right, a toxic blend of neo-con economic theology and sociopathic biblical literalism.

As the standing pic of him on my front page shows, Harper cannot really be considered the prime minister of Canada because that would imply he governs on behalf of Canadians, respects Canada’s institutions, and makes rational policy in the national interest. As we have seen, though, Harper and his cabinet of loyal sockpuppets unapologetically wage war on the civil service, censor scientific reports, intimidate critics, lie to Parliament, and send our military to die in foreign colonial wars.

In truth, Harper is a traitorous lackey who governs Canada on behalf of his masters in Tel Aviv and Washingtelaviv. Our Constitution, judiciary, rule of law, civil liberties, Parliament—even our very sovereignty—are all commodities to be bargained away in the name of delivering Canada into the hands of the Isramerican empire (Darth Vader-like exhale). To paraphrase Louis XIV, “l’état c’est Harper!”

www.spyonyou.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies, everyone.

I tried to post this on the CBC website following the June 10 speech, but was repeatedly denied by the moderators. Apparently it is taboo to compare Harper with Hitler. Considering Conservative appointees run the CBC, I'm not surprised.

The really striking quotes are the last ones, almost identical. Both expressing the 'duty' of the country to patrol the world in the name of peace, because the world 'requires' it.

It is impressed with the importance of its duty to use this nation of equal rights as an instrument for the securing and maintenance of that peace which the world requires today more than ever before." - Hitler, February 1, 1933

"We said that a Conservative government would ensure that Canada would be in a position to defend our national sovereignty and to help protect global security.

Our party’s great purpose is nothing less than to prepare our
nation to shoulder a bigger load, in a world that will require it of
us..." - Harper, June 10, 2011

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/180696662bb7.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 29-6-2011 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

I tried to post this on the CBC website following the June 10 speech, but was repeatedly denied by the moderators. Apparently it is taboo to compare Harper with Hitler. Considering Conservative appointees run the CBC, I'm not surprised.

How ironic to have your free speech about fascism silenced. Fascism is alive and well on the internet, in fact, and actual free speech is hard to come by.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

I tried to post this on the CBC website following the June 10 speech, but was repeatedly denied by the moderators. Apparently it is taboo to compare Harper with Hitler.

One must never bring up Hitler in a reasonable discussion of modern day politics because Hitler was just so so "not nice" and in Nicy Nice Land people who are bad are never as bad as Hitler because Hitler is the property of Holocaust victims and their descendants and is only whispered about behind closed doors unless Holocaust victims or their descendants want to bring him up in conversation but even they don't do it very often because in modern politics Hitler is just so beyond any atrocity or perversion of foreign policy that tiny little devils like us could come up with that we never talk about him except to say . . . nothing pertinent.

Wake up people. The Germans were the architects of the twentieth century. The Americans may have walked away with all the goodies but the Germans built just about everything we have and our ways of living in the modern world, from scratch.

Non-smoking, non-drinking, eco-green, eugenics fan/lebensraum loving, corporatist, totalitarian, double talking, triple thinking, lunatic, Adolph Hitler, is the patron saint of modern politics.

Everything he did is being done in moderation today, somewhere in the world.

We're all frogs in a big fascist stewpot that is slowly being raised in temperature.

Memo to the CBC:

My Dad fought in WW2, in a unit that had a 50% casualty rate and he hardly ever talked about the war, except to say that it was fun if you didn't get hurt.
(In fairness, he was talking to a twelve year old boy.)

I'm only a descendant but if I feel a Hitler comparison is pertinent, I'm damn well gonna make it. And that is not an attempt to run down victims of the Holocaust or their relatives, but in this society others have a right to bring the subject of Hitler up. Hitler didn't start out exterminating millions of people. Modern politicians make use of one of Hitler's most potent political weapons, the big lie.

Has Harper told us the truth about Afghanistan? Has he told us the truth about Libya? Has he told us the truth about G20 spending?

People bring up Hitler in conversation because he is the prime example of so many types of fascist behavior.

A lot of people have the right to bring the name of Hitler into a conversation, not just Holocaust victims.

edit on 29-6-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Truer words were never spoken.

If I haven't already, I may just have to friend you.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

First and foremost Harper is a Zionist.

One of his most famous speechwriters is ultra-Zionist David Frum. This is the man who coined the famous "axis of evil" term.

I read that Harper intends to beef up Canada's military to the tune of $120 billion over the coming years. Canada has about 1/9 th the population of the US so his spending is equivalent to America spending $1 trillion on its military.

With Harper in power Canada's debt and deficit have soared. When the Liberals were in power 14 straight balanced or surplus budgets were achieved...the debt was reduced by over 25% and well on its way to being eliminated.

Harper is from the Zionist Neo-Con school of thought...he has 4 yrs of virtual dictatorship in the house of commons so I am braced for a lot of political turbulence.

What really gets me is that Canada's infrastructure is crumbling. Provinces and cities are deep in debt and Harper wants to throw $120 billion away on military hardware we don't need. I'm not saying we don't need to upgrade our aging army but let's face it Canada has only one land border and it's undefended.

Where we could really use some military spending would be to beef up our coast guard and build some detention camps on the west coast to house the 1000's of boat people who will no doubt illegally come to our shores and drain our social safety net of funds it doesn't have. In the coming century wars and refugees will no doubt increase in number.

Harper answers to foreign powers namely the "Crown" which is the Zionist 1 sq mile Corporation of the City of London run by the Rothschilds.

I believe that they are instructing Harper to beef up Canada's military because the US is on a slow decline and will no longer be able to afford the expensive and insane Zionist wars we have witnessed over the past decade or so.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrassyKnoll

First and foremost Harper is a Zionist.

One of his most famous speechwriters is ultra-Zionist David Frum. This is the man who coined the famous "axis of evil" term.

I read that Harper intends to beef up Canada's military to the tune of $120 billion over the coming years. Canada has about 1/9 th the population of the US so his spending is equivalent to America spending $1 trillion on its military.

With Harper in power Canada's debt and deficit have soared. When the Liberals were in power 14 straight balanced or surplus budgets were achieved...the debt was reduced by over 25% and well on its way to being eliminated.

Harper is from the Zionist Neo-Con school of thought...he has 4 yrs of virtual dictatorship in the house of commons so I am braced for a lot of political turbulence.

What really gets me is that Canada's infrastructure is crumbling. Provinces and cities are deep in debt and Harper wants to throw $120 billion away on military hardware we don't need. I'm not saying we don't need to upgrade our aging army but let's face it Canada has only one land border and it's undefended.

Where we could really use some military spending would be to beef up our coast guard and build some detention camps on the west coast to house the 1000's of boat people who will no doubt illegally come to our shores and drain our social safety net of funds it doesn't have. In the coming century wars and refugees will no doubt increase in number.

Harper answers to foreign powers namely the "Crown" which is the Zionist 1 sq mile Corporation of the City of London run by the Rothschilds.

I believe that they are instructing Harper to beef up Canada's military because the US is on a slow decline and will no longer be able to afford the expensive and insane Zionist wars we have witnessed over the past decade or so.

Perfect illustration here of somebody who hasn't a clue. The provinces are all in debt, yes (all but one, but them rednecks in Alberta are also zionists, right?). Why? Because the only way for glorious Paul Martin and Jean Chretien to balance the budgets was to cut transfers to the provinces. The provinces all went broke during the Liberal years just so Martin and Chretien could claim budget victory. A feat they accomplished quite well, along with slashing funding health care (which is also in shambles) and to the military almost in half, which by the way is why that "zionist" wants to increase funding to the military. You see, the Liberal strategy of buying 40 year old diesel subs from Great Britain that sink when they are supposed to float and float when they are supposed to sink isn't really a brilliant military strategy. It's ok though, the ones that didn't catch fire on their voyage to Canada were in good enough shape to only require a decade and tens of millions of dollars to fix, except they still aren't seaworthy. Funny how Paul Martin on one hand would purchase such junk ships, yet in the other hand accept 500 million bucks worth of grants and loans from the government he represented to the multi-billion dollar shipping company that he owns, yet he bases that same shipping company offshore to avoid paying taxes to his own country of Canada.

Now, why did Harper go into deficit? Because he was forced to by you guessed it, the Liberals, NDP, and Bloc. They forced the government into a 70 billion dollar stimulus package by threat of losing confidence in the house and a resulting election, even thoug the Conservatives outright told us that stimulus spending and resulting deficit and debt would not work. The entire concept of spending yourself out of recession is asenine.

Onto that crumbling infrastructure.. Why is it crumbling? Don't you remember how Martin and Chretien magically balanced their budgets? Do you think they found that money out of thin air?

Imagine how much this government would have had to spend on infrastructure if they didn't have to give all them billions of stimulus to the 70 dollar an hour auto workers.
edit on 23-9-2011 by bronco73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bronco73.
Now, why did Harper go into deficit? Because he was forced to by you guessed it, the Liberals, NDP, and Bloc. They forced the government into a 70 billion dollar stimulus package by threat of losing confidence in the house and a resulting election, even thoug the Conservatives outright told us that stimulus spending and resulting deficit and debt would not work. The entire concept of spending yourself out of recession is asenine..

Ridiculous!

Harper INCREASED spending by 25% in his first 3yrs in office. He spent like a drunken sailor at a time he should have been more prudent.

Harper is a disaster for Canada.

You are the perfect example of why politicians like Harper get away with their crimes...you don't have a clue!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bronco73.
Now, why did Harper go into deficit? Because he was forced to by you guessed it, the Liberals, NDP, and Bloc. They forced the government into a 70 billion dollar stimulus package by threat of losing confidence in the house and a resulting election, even thoug the Conservatives outright told us that stimulus spending and resulting deficit and debt would not work. The entire concept of spending yourself out of recession is asenine..

Ridiculous!

Harper INCREASED spending by 25% in his first 3yrs in office. He spent like a drunken sailor at a time he should have been more prudent.

Harper is a disaster for Canada.

You are the perfect example of why politicians like Harper get away with their crimes...you don't have a clue!

really? spon.ca...
and THAT is despite being forced to spend tens of billions in a stimulus package that they KNEW wouldn't work, and outright TOLD us that it wouldn't work. Even this year they continue to have to dole out promised stimulus money that they were railroaded into spending by your Liberals (and NDP and Bloc).

Can't wait until you list these so-called crimes that Harper is guilty of. Wanna bet that you can't even list one? As I said earlier, the real criminals were the Liberals who got caught red handed, and the worst of them all was Paul Martin. The guy who accepted hundreds of untendered government contracts to the companies that he owns while he was in government, not to mention the half a billion in goverment grants and low or zero interest loans to his multi-billion dollar shipping company.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
thanks for posting this link:

spon.ca...

The graph cleary demonstrates what Harper and the Conservatives are doing to Canada.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba4a42e2758d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GrassyKnoll

yes, exactly. things like:
"When adjusted for inflation, the figure is far less dramatic, more than $200 million less than at it's height in the mid '90's"
Who was in government in the mid nineties again? Yup, the LIberals.

"When calculated as a percentage of GDP, Canada's debt in 2010 looks downright reasonable, echoing the levels seen in the early 1960's, 25 years before spending took a sharp rise."
Who was in government in the early 60's (and now)? Yup, the Conservatives

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bronco73

Harper needs to be brought to justice for high treason against Canada.

Harper is a Zionist freemason who puts the interests of a tiny little middle-eastern country in the middle of a desert 5000 miles across the globe before the interests of Canada and Canadians.

Harper refuses to put his own picture in Canada's foreign embassies. He proudly puts the picture of an unelected Zionist parasite who is not even Canadian as our head of state.

If that isn't treason then nothing is.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

reply to post by bronco73

Harper needs to be brought to justice for high treason against Canada.

Harper is a Zionist freemason who puts the interests of a tiny little middle-eastern country in the middle of a desert 5000 miles across the globe before the interests of Canada and Canadians.

Harper refuses to put his own picture in Canada's foreign embassies. He proudly puts the picture of an unelected Zionist parasite who is not even Canadian as our head of state.

If that isn't treason then nothing is.

And still, not a clue. Harper is NOT the head of state, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is. her powers are excersised by her viceregal David Lloyd Johnston, the Governor General of Canada. Unless of course Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is within the borders of Canada, then she excersises her own powers. Do you know nothing about your own country?

Accusing our Prime Minister of treason is one tall order. What has he done that could possibly be considered treasonous? Which domestic or international laws has he broken? Give me a speeding ticket, jaywalking, anything at all that could prove your ludicrous case.

To which tiny little middle-eastern country are you referring? And pray tell, exactly which interests of theirs are being put ahead of our own?

Don't worry man, you'll have your chance to get rid of that evil treasoning zionist pig in four years. Then you can vote for your lefty loons. Until then just bask in the prosperity that most other nations cannot possibly enjoy.

edit on 24-9-2011 by bronco73 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join