It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What's up with Fox News?

page: 4
13
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime
 


They are lying through teeth ..what is this ..news ? or fox network ?

Palm trees in Wisconsin



Or this
Fair and balanced ?




edit on 29-6-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)




posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000
 



Whats with palm trees in Wisconsin? I have palm trees in Illinois.. theyre a hardy variety that survive below zero temps and ice storms we have here.


am I misunderstanding you?



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
reply to post by OptimusSubprime
 


They are lying through teeth ..what is this ..news ? or fox network ?

Palm trees in Wisconsin



Or this
Fair and balanced ?




edit on 29-6-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)


OK, fine... in these examples you are showing Fox NEWS. I never said that Fox NEWS doesn't lie or have an agenda, because they do, just like every other media outlet. Your previous example, about the fake audience, had nothing to do with Fox NEWS. You should try paying attention to your own posts.



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by coastlinekid
reply to post by Ghost375
 


Don't forget their previous slogan:

"All the news you NEED to know"... LOL!!!!


LLS very well stated!



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage
 


They spliced in a clip from some place else to make it seem as though there was a rowdy crowd in Madison Wisconsin. Look closely for the palm trees in the background .



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01
 



Fox most trusted news channel in US, poll shows

Survey showing approval rating of more than 50% for rightwing network vindicates its drive for partisan audience
The onward march of Fox News, the relentlessly rightwing channel that has revolutionised American television news by making it overtly partisan, has been boosted by an opinion poll that suggests it is the most trusted news operation in the country.

Almost half of all Americans surveyed in the poll of 1,151 registered voters said they trusted Fox News. That is a notably larger vote of confidence than the 39% who said they trusted Fox's great rival CNN, and vastly more than the credibility ratings of the traditional news networks ABC News (31%), CBS News (32%) and NBC News (35%).


Source of the above



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tomten
 


So why cant you just show something proving FOX is accurate and honest? A poll showing that some people trust FOX just proves that some people trust FOX. Some people think Sandra Bullock is an award worthy actress. People think things. The question you are answering is about accuracy, not trust.



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
reply to post by Advantage
 


They spliced in a clip from some place else to make it seem as though there was a rowdy crowd in Madison Wisconsin. Look closely for the palm trees in the background .


Good find. Ron Paul is a threat to both parties. It should be illegal to do what they just did. Both sides do it though.

www.youtube.com...



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I think FOX is over-reacting to two things. They really seemed to get their panties in a bunch over all this Jon Stewart stuff. It looks kind of silly to see Chris Wallace promo his rebuttal to a rebuttal to an interview he did but whatever. Then that same loose lips goes and pisses off the TEA party princess and her fiends. Fox is getting attacked from the left and the right all of a sudden and I think they feel a little out of control for once.



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000
 



ROFL! Good lord.. youre right
I thought you meant palms couldnt grow in northern climates.. when I am sitting here looking at 5 in my back yard.


I think we were all better off when all we had was radio. Im not surprised by this or anything else that the MSM does, but its not only Fox. Its every one of these places.



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The other side of all of our discussion here, whether you do or don't watch Fox News, never let any news organization get in the way of your own common sense.



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Stewart: "I believe in god"
atheists do not believe in god..
he is just a fundy...therefore he is an atheist? ok...


u gotta be kidding me ???
he says he believes in God,
then blasphemes him in the very
next sentence ..... and the one after that.

Yep, he really believes in God alright.



In a 2009 interview with Bill Mauer, Jon Stewart said he
is atheist since he does not believe in a God.


www.chacha.com...

and if that is not good enough for clarification
to my point:



Jon Stewart was a hard atheist as recently as a few years ago. He and Bill Maher had a few interviews where they went off about theism.


reddit

and if that is not enough proof for ya
here's some more


When Jon Stewart was appearing on The O’Reilly Factor a few weeks back, he stopped by Roger Ailes’ office for an hour-long chat about politics. “He’s obviously really, really smart,” the Fox News chairman says. “He openly admits he’s sort of an atheist and a socialist. He once told me he would’ve voted for Norman Thomas.”


newsbusters.org...

edit on 6/29/2011 by boondock-saint because: maybe 3 sources is enough???



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Youmakemewonder
reply to post by tomten
 


So why cant you just show something proving FOX is accurate and honest? A poll showing that some people trust FOX just proves that some people trust FOX. Some people think Sandra Bullock is an award worthy actress. People think things. The question you are answering is about accuracy, not trust.


Because I can not find any numbers anywhere on the web, that shows any "News Accurancy" numbers.
All numbers shows Peoples Perception.

Maybe you can find a "News Accurancy" scientifically made? (Not a blogger).



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Stewart nailed them again last night.

Fox news has spent a lot of time going after one small 30 min show.



posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomten
reply to post by liejunkie01
 



Fox most trusted news channel in US, poll shows

Survey showing approval rating of more than 50% for rightwing network vindicates its drive for partisan audience
The onward march of Fox News, the relentlessly rightwing channel that has revolutionised American television news by making it overtly partisan, has been boosted by an opinion poll that suggests it is the most trusted news operation in the country.

Almost half of all Americans surveyed in the poll of 1,151 registered voters said they trusted Fox News. That is a notably larger vote of confidence than the 39% who said they trusted Fox's great rival CNN, and vastly more than the credibility ratings of the traditional news networks ABC News (31%), CBS News (32%) and NBC News (35%).


Source of the above



Ok....Whats your point?

Are you saying that the majority of Americans are easily swayed by Fox news? Because that is the way I see it.

Or are you saying you believe them because everybody else does?



posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

Originally posted by tomten
reply to post by liejunkie01
 



Fox most trusted news channel in US, poll shows

Survey showing approval rating of more than 50% for rightwing network vindicates its drive for partisan audience
The onward march of Fox News, the relentlessly rightwing channel that has revolutionised American television news by making it overtly partisan, has been boosted by an opinion poll that suggests it is the most trusted news operation in the country.

Almost half of all Americans surveyed in the poll of 1,151 registered voters said they trusted Fox News. That is a notably larger vote of confidence than the 39% who said they trusted Fox's great rival CNN, and vastly more than the credibility ratings of the traditional news networks ABC News (31%), CBS News (32%) and NBC News (35%).


Source of the above



Ok....Whats your point?

Are you saying that the majority of Americans are easily swayed by Fox news? Because that is the way I see it.

Or are you saying you believe them because everybody else does?



What I am saying is, that most Americans percieve Fox News, to be the best TV News.
That they offer the best, less biased information availible today, on TV.

Allthough 50% might be high, here.
There are local stations, and other countries TV news that is ranked higher.

So, I watch Fox News. Because it is the best option here in USA.
(The Swedish SVT Rapport, and BBC News is more reliable, but I can't see them here.)



posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomten

Originally posted by Youmakemewonder
reply to post by tomten
 


So why cant you just show something proving FOX is accurate and honest? A poll showing that some people trust FOX just proves that some people trust FOX. Some people think Sandra Bullock is an award worthy actress. People think things. The question you are answering is about accuracy, not trust.


Because I can not find any numbers anywhere on the web, that shows any "News Accurancy" numbers.
All numbers shows Peoples Perception.

Maybe you can find a "News Accurancy" scientifically made? (Not a blogger).



Then you have nothing. Most people in the US believe that Marlboro, Coke, and salt are the best cigarettes, drink, and add to everything. What most people think is not a fact. What people watch and what is accurate are two very different things. Just because you cannot find the data you need, you just dismiss it? It seems pretty pointless to specify that you do not want to see any blogs refuting your um...nothing.



new topics

top topics



 
13
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join