It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No creator, no God, so what? :)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I believe it's just because of the way that we are born that some believe in a creator. It's human and logic.
Although, if there is a creator then what stops him from being created? And why MUST there be a creator?

I used to believe, I was raised catholic. Reading the bible, going to church often, following the rules(pretty much every one of em)...those values we're pretty dominant in the household. I can't say I have "grown" beyond that because, I never dismiss the beliefs/faith of others or my religious origins. I have only changed my views.

In my views, existence has always been and will always be because time doesn't even exist in higher dimensions. All our human perceptions are fooled by our limited lifetime and 5 physical senses, this world is not exactly what we see, it is much more!

This is why I don't believe in god.
Of course I do acknowledge that I could be totally wrong.
I gotta admit, believing in god is an attractive option.

I only have read the new testament, so I can't say I've heave read the whole bible... even then, faith doesn't only come from words.
A revelation is a bigger meaning then words, it's not describable. It's like a moment suspended beyond time.

In what I believe in, I have faith.
This faith in the the unlimited energy that surrounds us that just is and always will be and has always been. Love. Music. Infinity.

"Who's with me?! I only charge 5% income!"
joking

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Just because catholics have some stupid beliefs, doesn't mean there is no god.
moo.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Wow what an ignorant remark

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
I believe it's just because of the way that we are born that some believe in a creator. It's human and logic.

I've always believed we are the collective creators. We all seem to have inherently the same idea - something bigger, something better... some call it god, some call it allah, some call it aliens... some even call it money (gag; oops, sorry if thats offensive, they're entitled too...)

I never dismiss the beliefs/faith of others or my religious origins. I have only changed my views.

Right on! What I believe has no bearing on what my opinion of you is. Just because you believe differently doesn't mean you're wrong. Thats whats so great about belief, it doesn't require proof.
I respect the idea of God, as you said in the next quote....

I gotta admit, believing in god is an attractive option.

.... If I thought it would solve all my problems, I'd go that way. But I came from that direction, and briefly went back, and nothing changed.

this world is not exactly what we see, it is much more!

Which may or may not include an ultimate supreme being, but until we know everything, I don't think we can even know that. Just have suspicions, and those who are swayed in that direction, good for them, and those of us who doubt, good for us - its how its supposed to be

Of course I do acknowledge that I could be totally wrong.

This line is the only reason I responded. I love that you're not trying to shove your beliefs down anyones throat. Mutual respect is what will save humanity in the end, not God.

faith doesn't only come from words. A revelation is a bigger meaning then words, it's not describable. It's like a moment suspended beyond time.

Agree again. I always say its more important to have "faith" than to define what you're faith is in. Like, I have faith the sun will rise tomorrow, and if you get into semantics, thats only true for the people who live through the night ♥

This faith in the the unlimited energy that surrounds us that just is and always will be and has always been. Love. Music. Infinity.

Rock on!

Originally posted by mb2591
reply to post by Ghost375

Wow what an ignorant remark

thats why I love you Mb

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Just because catholics have some stupid beliefs, doesn't mean there is no god.
moo.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

I don't see the relation here, I'm sorry if this is what you understood.
At least I don't disrespect others beliefs.

I never really personally cared for most catholic beliefs I was raised in but at least I know enough to not called them stupid. I don't judge others beliefs.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
I've always believed we are the collective creators.

I really loooove that, the idea of all is one and one is all. That we created this "test", this existence...who knows what for. Maybe just for the heck of it hehe

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

What did you think God is? You described God in the above quote.

Time for you to rethink.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Time for you to rethink.

Not if you believe energy created consciousness.

Not consciousness created energy.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Time for you to rethink.

Not if you believe energy created consciousness.

Not consciousness created energy.

If faith is God, I'm all for that.
We create our own faith too. Maybe not consciously, but most certainly faith is subjective.

The only reason we need sentience in a god is because we so desperately want to know how it all began.

I say there is no beginning, we always were, we always will be.

This moment is eternal.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

We create our own faith too. Maybe not consciously, but most certainly faith is subjective.

The only reason we need sentience in a god is because we so desperately want to know how it all began.

This moment is eternal.

That really has no meaning for me.

It sounds imaginary.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

This moment is eternal.

That really has no meaning for me.

It sounds imaginary.

kinda funny, I've never been accused of being imaginative

which part did you mean? all of it?

well I can't convince you

but faith is technically imaginary too since the only person who can feel it is you
same with hate, and love, and most other emotions

so maybe god is emotion

and maybe emotion is the energy that sprung us into being

if you require a beginning

I do not

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

but faith is technically imaginary too since the only person who can feel it is you

so maybe god is emotion

Or - maybe there is no god.

I will have faith in myself. I don't understand the requirement of labeling something as separate.

I think most are so conditioned from birth that there is a god - - there is actual guilt for denying it.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

so maybe god is emotion

Or - maybe there is no god.

I will have faith in myself. I don't understand the requirement of labeling something as separate.

I think most are so conditioned from birth that there is a god - - there is actual guilt for denying it.

All I'm saying is that there are things we do not understand, and feelings we can't explain - people are allowed to label them god if it makes them happy

originally I believe god was created, by us, to explain the little things like why is the grass green, and why is the sky blue - today it takes on different forms but I still agree with the original concept

god is nothing more than the answer to the questions that normally are answered with "I don't know"

to me... god would be the answer to why there are 46 chromosomes in human dna - why not 47? why not 45?

I don't think there's some magical mystical man sitting in the clouds going "hmmm, lets make it 46"

but where someone would answer "God did it" - I'm comfortable saying "I don't know"

same thing to me - therefore I can respect them.

you should have faith in yourself - you are god too

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

All I'm saying is that there are things we do not understand, and feelings we can't explain - people are allowed to label them god if it makes them happy

Yes - I understand what your point is.

And I find it kind of sad - - that people have to create something outside themselves to feel happy.

I think it is very difficult to step out of the god circle - - - as we are completely saturated with it from the time we are born. There can be guilt going against what you are automatically supposed to just accept.

As far as being your own god - - I know that concept. But then - - we are back at the beginning. What is God?

Why do I need to give my "feelings" over to someone else? Or label it as if I am a creation of a consciousness labeled god.

Its kind of a cop out IMO.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Yes - I understand what your point is.

And I find it kind of sad - - that people have to create something outside themselves to feel happy.

I think it is very difficult to step out of the god circle - - - as we are completely saturated with it from the time we are born. There can be guilt going against what you are automatically supposed to just accept.

As far as being your own god - - I know that concept. But then - - we are back at the beginning. What is God?

Why do I need to give my "feelings" over to someone else? Or label it as if I am a creation of a consciousness labeled god.

Its kind of a cop out IMO.

I can understand why you think its sad
I think its just human.

Thats why I said I'm not human

oh wait was that this thread? (I haven't slept, didn't read back)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

Cool
- happy you didn't take it personal. We are here to exchange ideas/viewpoints etc.

I know its a fine line between - - did energy create consciousness or did consciousness create energy.

I am not a "hard" Atheist - - I have many beliefs - such as humans were created by a more advanced race. And they are who humans are referring to as Gods.

I just refuse to use the term god - - because of man-made religious connotations.

I sometimes use Energy Creator. (meaning the consciousness that evolved from energy)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

We definitely agree on the point of not wanting to call it god because of religious conotations.

Organized religion sure has a way of ruining things don't they?

Love, peace, forgiveness, respect for your fellow man... that Jesus sure had some good ideas - "they" could've spread those around, but NO! Instead, they had to go chopping up his story, turn him into some kind of deity, use him to make people afraid, then demand you put your money in the plate or go to hell.

Minor rant.

I do wonder though, who robbed that grave? Because seriously, even if the bible is 100% truth - why would he need to take his body with him to ascend? that makes absolutely no sense to me...

Forgive me for not proof reading
if I offend, my fault, I might not mean exactly what I say ... I'm just doing my best at the moment to stay awake - couldn't sleep all last night, and now that its afternoon of course I'm getting tired... I gotta make it to at least dinner - I should go poke at my avatar some more, its bugging me - it needs a better background - let me click reply before I get too far off topic

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I do wonder though, who robbed that grave? Because seriously, even if the bible is 100% truth - why would he need to take his body with him to ascend? that makes absolutely no sense to me...

But - do we even know if any of it is factual?

I personally believe there are "energy beings" who can manifest in physical or any degree in-between. I have no problem believing there are benevolent (as well as malevolent) watchers of the "human experiment" - - who have come amongst humans. In the real sense (not imaginary) from advanced races.

I think there is a huge mishmash of - fact - perceived fact - interpretation - understanding the complete unknown - political manipulation - - slanted scribe - complete outright lies - and of course the "Telephone game".

To take any of it as absolute Truth - - is just plan crazy.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

truly, do we ever really know anything?

its like - what color do you really see what you look at the sky - you call that color blue because you were taught that it is blue - but if you had my eyes, you might see red and wonder whats wrong with me - when there's nothing really wrong with my eyes, I was told it was blue too - so I call that color blue.

was jesus a real man? is that the question?
I can't say for sure - I imagine he's more of an almagamation - a combination of various teachers all rolled into one to arrive at the idea the LOL bible OP meant

but the bible is twisted, and at the very least incomplete - its presented intentionally as a whole, but isn't whole in any sense

is any of the bible real? archeologists say it is - but then there's debate now about how accurate carbon dating really is.... so they could be wrong too

I like to think God was an alien (one of many) - the idea of god within the bible is just misinterpretation and yet, another amalgamation of many aliens that were around back in the day

the more I hang out on ATS though the less I believe that - it forces me back to the idea that God is nothing more than what we do not understand at the very core of nature

because nature is something I can touch and see (mostly) - I never get to see any UFO's

I hope that makes sense ♥
edit on 29-6-2011 by Forevever because: repeated myself

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

was jesus a real man? is that the question?

Apparently there was more then one "real" Jesus.

You should read some of the posts by this poster: Sigismundus

He seems to really know his stuff. Fascinating.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join