It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza flotilla ship 'sabotaged by divers'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

or they could go through that port the isralies want them to use and then the supplies would get through they could play the game too man its never just one sides fault and israel is far from innocent but there not the only dog in this fight and they bolth fight dirty

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

also indeed - it does seem that actual delivery of actual goods to Palestinians is a fairly minor point in the whole thing!!

Especialy since htere's no need for these convoys anyway, since Egypt reopened gaza border and lessened restrictions

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I don't understand,
are they scared of them, I mean they know they have nothing but aid on the boat- as they are willing to let it to be searched(last time i checked) they just want in, to help the people. Why doesn't Isreal just block them with one of their military boats- board ship, and then go to Gaza and hand out the aid with the flotilla members. OH WAIT, I'm dreaming. Subjective value of human life, something Hitler capitalized on. Looks like he got the message through to his slaves. You can treat people like garbage- as long as you do it right.
Call me whatever but for a long time I held support for an Israeli state, even though I had my biases. But I have come to the conclusion their gov't must be brought down and a new name should be set for the land and all walls of division (as examplified by the creation of "ghettos" in Nazi Germany) Brought down... It wasn't okay then. IT IS NOT OKAY NOW.
I know, I know, so many other countries who need help.
BUT... to think this is how far Israel has progressed in only 50 years...
The whole concept just doesn't sit right with me, kinda like saudi arabia. or this whole damn planet for that matter.
edit on 28-6-2011 by tribaltrip because: grammar

edit on 28-6-2011 by tribaltrip because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

They are lucky its just damaged equipment. As has been stated in the past, the floatilla vessels heading to Gaza can be subject to a much harsher reaction, up to and including sending the vessels to the bottom of the med.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Oh here we go....and USS Liberty mention.....

Please explain the HMAS Hobart????????????????????????????

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Yeah, like the last flotilla.......which carried long expired medicine, expired food, and wheelchairs where none were workable!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
It would be even funnier if Israel cut the propeller off of the Shi Lang, China's new aircraft carrier about to set sail.

It's an aid ship, who cares if they cut the propellor off? If the people were smart...they wouldn't have made it known which ships were going to be used...when they were leaving...where they were going.

Come on Israel....cut the prop off China's aircraft carrier....that would set back China atleast 6 months to a year.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

They are lucky its just damaged equipment. As has been stated in the past, the floatilla vessels heading to Gaza can be subject to a much harsher reaction, up to and including sending the vessels to the bottom of the med.

All illegal of course

Though I doubt Israel have the #alls to sink these ships..
It will be hard enough to try and explain how it wasn't their fault if they attack again like last time..

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by Xcathdra

All illegal of course

Though I doubt Israel have the #alls to sink these ships..
It will be hard enough to try and explain how it wasn't their fault if they attack again like last time..

What I dont understand now is why is the Floatilla still wanting to pick a fight with Israel. Since Egypt opened their border with Gaza, wouldnt logic dictate to just take the supplies through Egypt now?

I get your argument and view on the blockade, but now that they ave an open border, why not seperate the humanitarian and legal issues now? Get them supplies and taek care of the people, and pour remaining resources into the legal battle?

Why continue to link the 2 together when the door was just opened?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Why doesn't Israel just drop the whole illegal blockade?
That's a better question to ask..

As you say, it's doing no good and just making Israel look bad..
No good will come from confronting another flotilla..

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Why doesn't Israel just drop the whole illegal blockade?
That's a better question to ask..

As you say, it's doing no good and just making Israel look bad..
No good will come from confronting another flotilla..

Right, but that didnt answer my question. If the goal of the floatilla is to "break the blockade" to get supplies to Gaza, is that goal not accomplished by Egypts actions?

If they can deliver supplies to egypt, and then move those supplies unabated to Gaza, why continue to link the 2 issues still?

Why not go full blown on the blockade without the use of blockade runners? If Israel wont drop it, wouldnt the argument to the UN and Internatioanl community be more inclined to nations to side with Palestinians? At that point, Israel would be the agressor in appearance, and alone as well since they would no longer have the argument of illicit items coming into gaza?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

What I meant was that I wasn't going to accuse specific parties who may have been involved since there is no proof either way.
edit on 29-6-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
reply to post by lifeissacred

the game too man its never just one sides fault and israel is far from innocent but there not the only dog in this fight and they bolth fight dirty

I totally agree that post, except that if there is going to be progress then Israel needs to (whether they like it or not) tone down their blockade of Gaza. Given the amount of aid on it's way and the international organisations involved in this flotilla it doesn't nescessarily need the same level of scrutiny as the more 'clandestine' attempts to break the blockade.

Simply as a means of getting the international community on Israels side again it would be very symbolic and a significant step forward if they could allow these highly publicised humanitarian convoys into Gaza without them passing through Israel.
edit on 29-6-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
You really need proof to come to a safe conclusion as to who was responsible for this attrocity? The Zionists are trying to starve people to death!

This in a long line of Zionist attrocities. How long will the world put up with it??

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
Seems like something israel would do...

Well, France has done it.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Right, but that didnt answer my question. If the goal of the floatilla is to "break the blockade" to get supplies to Gaza, is that goal not accomplished by Egypts actions?

Mate, from the VERY FIRST time a flotilla was mentioned they OPENLY stated the main purpose was to BREAK the ILLEGAL blockade Israel imposed..

I'm not sure why you have to ask that question now

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
wow - the vast majority of ATS is as predictable as ever

instead of sluping up the " evil isreal did it " line - why not just stop and think - who REALLY benefits from this action ???????

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant

The Gaza bound flottila aid ship has reportadly been sabotaged by hostile divers. Israel has realeased a numberoud number of statements which I ammount to propaganda, stating that the aid workers on the ships intend to pour acid on the IDF soldiers bound to intercept it. I have no clue where this intellegence is coming from and I have reason to doubt what the IDF is saying.

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

Israel has a large population of Druze and Bedouin Muslim Arabs that are not Palestinians and do not like Palestinians.
They also do not want to live in a Palestinian state.
They see what its like to live under Arab rule in the neighboring Arab states and how mush better they live in israel.

Each year, between 5%-10% of the Bedouin of draft age volunteer for the Israeli army, (unlike Druze, and Jewish Israelis, they are not required by law to do so)
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

This give Israel a large source of Arab intelligences agents that can blend right in a report back to Mossad

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Mate, from the VERY FIRST time a flotilla was mentioned they OPENLY stated the main purpose was to BREAK the ILLEGAL blockade Israel imposed..

I'm not sure why you have to ask that question now

Take a step back for a minute and read my question. I get that you are saying the blockade is illegal. Currently the argument about the blockade is 2 fold - Its illegal and it restrict humanitarian supplies from entering Gaza, resulting in issues for the PAlestinians there. Israel makes the argument arms / weapons whatever can be smuggled in, so they inspect cargo.

The argument on the blockade has always revolved around those 2 key points.

With Egypt opening the border with gaza, and allowing movement and supplies to enter the area, one hurdle was removed from the eqquation, which was the restriction of supplies.

The argument that is left is the legality of the blockade. If supplies flow into Gaza, and there is no uptick in violence from gaza into Israel, then the argument Israel makes for maintaing the blockade are no longer valid, sicne the supplies have entered but not the weapons as they claim.

That argument then can be used against Israel to get the blockade removed and resolution enforced on the matter.

Thats my quesiton and thought process.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
And the "ATS Israel media defensive team" has been gathered ONCE again. Minimizing the issue, shifting blame, twisting history.

Guys, how long before you kick these folk off the site? They are obviously organized, get their orders via email or cell, and if they are not working out of an ideological viewpoint they are most certainly being paid. Tick tock, tick tock...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join