It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Public Service Annoucement ----- Do not leave your dog unattended ever!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by meathed

If that's your puppy he/she looks like one happy, pampered pooch...........you're doing something right.

There is that look of "I'm loved" in the eyes you can see.

Yep, thats my boy. Im glad you like him.

And YES he is one pampered pooch.
Thanks

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Thank you, that is my Simba - I love spoiling him.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

u2u me, I will take her.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GisfridMaillor

So I should not take her to the dog park, noted, I treat her like she is my child, other than the fact that she is not allowed in stores, because me and mine are unable (well not exactly but I don't really want to get into it) to have children. Hydra, is basically my daughter.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I'm soryy, but no, I take care at her very well thank you, if you want her you can come take her from me after you put a bullet through my head, thanks.

Excluding a few of you, this thread is full of closed minds, how did you get to ats, oh that's right I forgot, they've sold out to the highest bidder already. I'll be returning to my logic based thread reading from now on.
edit on 28-6-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

My Lucy story: Lucy was schedued to be gassed ( as most dog/cats still are it's cheaper) .

Lucy was scheduled to be gassed at 9AM - She was rescued, broken out of a high kill shelter in Georgia at 3:40 AM - that morning............she was transferred up to a foster care home in Maine for several months and we adopted her from PointerRescue dot org ............. the rest is history.

No more being treated like a commodity, a puppy mill breeder, a pet shop donor.

People sell their souls in many ways, selling dope, selling dogs/cats/lizards/exotic birds............there is no devil with a pitch fork, that's too obvious, it's subtle ways.

How you treat those below you will determine how your soul progresses or degresses....period.

Each of us is tested.................how you respond determines your progress or degression.

Some of us do not have "a price", hard to believe - but some, not many of us will do the right thing no matter what.

In my book, helping those that are weaker, have no voice or vote are the ones that I seek to support - to save - to safeguard.

My favorite scene in any movie is when aliens signorney weaver gets in the elevator and is scared, but yet willing to go get newt...............that is bravery, and being a true hero/human.
edit on 28-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammer

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

You should read this yourself and apply it to those that don't necessarily think the same way that you do.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm

So I should not take her to the dog park, noted, I treat her like she is my child, other than the fact that she is not allowed in stores, because me and mine are unable (well not exactly but I don't really want to get into it) to have children. Hydra, is basically my daughter.

Imo a park is a human invention for humans. A dog does not need a park, having a dog without having a yard at the least is wrong imo.

A dog is not a hamster, or gold fish. It is an animal that deserves to run outside as it wants, not be kept in an apartment or house only to run free when its owner makes the time.

Im sure you love your animals and treat them great, I just feel keeping a dog inside on the owners terms is like keeping a horse inside.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NoClue206

I was a avid member of Dogs of Lebanon.................Every Tuesday the local police go to the land dumps and target shoot...........that is how they get rid of their "dog problem".

No, don't talk to me about dogs and cats.

You are clueless.

We need to sterilize them and keep their population under control.

We have over 20,000 + children and more than that domestic companion animals a day dying............I'm sorry but something is drastically wrong with the management of our planet.

Some have so much money they can spend hundreds of thousands a month on dope (read, "High on Arrival by Mckenkie Phillips" and some have nothing.

In my book, our values are severly warped...........distorted.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

Oh absolutely take her to the dog park!!!!!!!!

and you sound just like me, taking my Lucy would be unlikely, unless you put a bullet through my head as well.

A dog (and most cats) will love you whether you are fat or thin, rich or poor, crazy or sane............they love us unconditionally..............and that to me represents angels in disguise.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GisfridMaillor
Hey Dog owner and lover here.

Your dog does not need to go anywhere with you, it should be in the car only to go to the vet and thats it.

They are an animal not a piece of jewelry to be kept in your purse or bring around town with you.

Your dog wants to be in a yard not your car. It is against the law to have your dog in your car unrestrained.

Again I have several dogs, and am disgusted at dog owners that treat them like accesories. They do not want to ride around with you for your human errands. They want to be in a yard pooping, running and being a dog.

Stop treating dogs like humans.

I agree as far as the mid to larger type breeds. That's all I ever had before, although I did take them out all the time, there was a few very nice dog off leash swim areas when I used to live in Vancouver years ago.

Now I have 2 larger dogs, and then I got a shihtzu. I never thought I would ever have one of these little cat/dog like creatures, and he turned out to be the best little guy, not yappy at all, and he's by my side all the time. I read up on them, and they were bred specifically as little companions. They need to be near you.

I don't dress him up, that's not dignified. He has fur. He isn't an accessory, and he loves the truck. Any time I get ready to leave the house, he gets so excited, for a little 12 lb dog, he can jump about 4 feet in the air. Over and over until I pick him up to take him to the truck. He sat with me at the mechanics shop for 5 hours, a couple of times, people were amazed at how quiet and well behaved he is.

That said, I realize he's classified as a dog, but I'm still having a hard time with that

I do treat him as though he's a different kind of furry little creature.

All of our furry creatures are different. Nurture and nature combined. My larger 2 are outside in the yard right now, the lab is loving it, and my shepherd is acting as though I'm punishing her, making her get some fresh air at a perfect 15 degrees celcius, on a calm night

The lab's favorite time of year is when it's minus 20ish celcius, and there's a ton of snow on the ground. Thick, short hair. Crazy creatures.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

If you had read the entire thread you would have realized I already posted a viable argument to this moronic statement about yards. You should go work at the pound. Then you can tell me whether a person without a yard should have a dog. To "put down" some dogs and tell me whether youde rather keep killing dogs or wish those without yards to come pick one up to save its life.

Honestly I don't like going for plenty of reasons, but it is necessary for my dog to get exercise and socialization. I don't know how to post photos otherwise I would post some photos of my cat laying with my dog, or my ferret laying with my dog, or one of my ferrets laying with my dog and my cat, go get yourself a dog from a pound a cat from the humane society and a rescue ferret from a pet shop we buy our animal food from ( his brother died so he got bitey and his owner took him to the local shop to be given away, I rescue ferrets so I had four already, all he needed was a buddy) and you tell me if you can train complete peace into all of them toward all of the others. I highly doubt you could.

Someone u2u me how to post photos please. Oh I've never used the u2u on this site so I may have a bit of trouble with it the first time.

Again, you people a crazy close minded (most likely) hypocrites.
edit on 28-6-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I am lucky enough after my job of 16 years being "outsource to India" still has a husband making enough to support us.

We have a huge back yard and take our Lucy for daily walks..........she is treated for the first time in her puppy mill life like a queen.

No one, NO ONE.........Any human or animal should be treated like a thing, a commodity, a article to be discarded when deemed 'useless'.

And I will defend to my dying stance those that oppose oppressing the weak.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I agree with the OP, you should take care of your animal (security blanket due to massive insecurity).

Sigh, THEY ARE ANIMALS! They are tools, not significant others, not wannabe children, but ANIMALS

I agree you shouldn't treat them to silly conditions that could kill them as that is cruel. Only they are animals. This attachment some have to their pets is just .......well......sad. Such weak minds I swear. My animals are trained to protect me not to befriend me.

I have lots of meat sacks I call friends, just don't treat my dog like it. He's a tool that I utilize in the event I need a set of paws to do what I readily cannot.

Yes take care of your animals like a mechanic takes care of his tools. But stop dressing little snookums in a 4 legged Velcro vest and carrying him in your purse...and people think I'm nuts?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

I am lucky enough after my job of 16 years being "outsource to India" still has a husband making enough to support us.

We have a huge back yard and take our Lucy for daily walks..........she is treated for the first time in her puppy mill life like a queen.

No one, NO ONE.........Any human or animal should be treated like a thing, a commodity, a article to be discarded when deemed 'useless'.

And I will defend to my dying stance those that oppose oppressing the weak.

Sorry but if a bear charges me, my dog is the very THING that is trained to go after the bear so that I can get away. If he dies....guess what...I can buy another....wont even shed a tear as then the animal would have served his purpose. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to loose him. But he is easier to replace than I am. And my life has much more value than a dogs.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Castogere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Yea thats horrible... Though whas more horrible, is your dog dying from your drinking water. Township was a good 9 months behind telling us our water had high levels of lead. And I miss my dog.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Here's a pretty crazy story... Several years ago I went to the grocery store. It was August and it was over 100 degrees and very humid. As I was walking from my car to the store entrance I heard barking that sounded muffled. After further investigation I saw a Jack Russel in the back seat of a Ford Taurus, with all 4 windows up. I have no idea how long the dog was in there, but he looked like he was suffering a little bit, so I kicked in the front driver side window and unlocked the car and took the dog out... then I called the police. While waiting for the police I went into the store with the dog and bought a bottle of water to give to the dog. I stood in front of the store to wait for the police and a guy came out of the store and walked towards the Taurus. About half way to the car he stopped, realizing that his window had been broken, and he turned around and saw me holding his dog. As he approached me he started yelling at me saying that I stole his dog and that he was calling the cops. He wasn't being very threatening, probably because I'm 6'3" and 300 pounds, so I told him that I broke his window and took his dog out because his dog was on the verge of dying. He told me to mind my own business. The cops showed up and arrested him for suspicion of cruelty to animals, and arrested me for attempted theft and minor breaking and entering.

I posted the $1500 bail and got out of jail a few hours later. 2 months later we went to court, I didn't see the need to hire a lawyer because I felt that I was right and there was no way that I would be convicted. I didn't want to pay a lawyer $3,000 to tell the judge that when I could do it for free. Long story short, the judge sided with me and said that I had done the right thing. I suppose she was a dog lover (like me) and appreciated my efforts. It turns out that the other guy was also awaiting trial for another cruelty to animals charge that happened after this incident, so the judge found him guilty of cruelty for this incident and sent him to jail for 30 days, The judge also ordered that he pay me my $1500 dollars back from the bail that I had posted. Justice was actually served, although I have no idea what happened to the dog. Hopefully he found a good home.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I agree with the car part, but not about leaving them outdoors alone.
In the summer time, my boys would rather be outside all day. Dogs are smart, and do know when they are overheating. That's why you make sure they have everything they need to cool themselves down. We have two large trees for shade, a couple 5 gal pails full of water, and we have two kiddy pools for them to play in. We have never had a problem, and they are happy and I can get some housework done.
It just takes common sense, which unfortunately not enough people seem to have.

Also, if your dog is overheated, take a cotton ball and put rubbing alcohol on the pads of their feet.

Oh BTW, The dog whisperer was just on a morning show the other day, and said that a dog can start overheating at 80F.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
If you ever see a dog, or any animal * including children* locked in a car on a hot day with all windows rolled up, you can call the fire department and they will come and break into the vehicle and save them...
My mom has told me stories numerous times when people come shopping at Costco *large superstore* and the people working there notice, have done just that.
There was this one story where this woman came out when it happened to her and she FREAKED on the cops.
It's like, you should be charged right now for animal cruelty lady and have you dog taken away, since you obviously don't know/ or give a damn to take care of it.

I leave notes on their windshields reminding them how terrible they are, and how would they like to be stuffed in a room hot as hell with no air...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I read this thread, and wasnt going to post, but I cant help it. You should know before I say my piece, I own cattle, goats, 3 house cats 1 inside Malinois/shepherd, and two outside dogs, one shepherd, one mutt.
And yes I can afford all of them, and they are all vetted regularly. I am not a goody two shoes snooper into other folks lives. But, one thing I will not tolerate is animal or child abuse. I will pick up the nearest thing handy, and break a car window over a child, or dog left in a hot car. But, I also have enough common sense to know that if it is hot outside, and I can feel cool on the window, and the dog OBVIOUSLY doesnt look in distress, that the owner has left the air running to keep the animal cool. thus no need to call anyone or break a window, but that doesnt mean I wont wait until the owner gets back to ensure the car doesnt die, or break down and allow the animal to suffer.

I once watched a rottweiler die of heat and lack of water, why did I watch? Because the animal was so vicious I couldnt get close enough to it to help it. Even the sherrif couldnt manage it, and the animal control folks wont leave city limits for anything-we couldnt locate the owner. When he did get home he was mad because he swore someone poisoned his dog, and he wouldnt listen to reason from myself or the sherrif. It was very sad and made me cry, my husband and I tried for three hours to get a bucket of water close enough to save him, and got bitten several times for our efforts. The dog was so frantic to get loose that he tore up everything and anything that came near him. A week later the guy had a new puppy, I moved a few days later, and never knew what happened to the pup.

What really gets my goat though is these people who take thier dogs to huge crowded hot events in the summer time. We have a 4th of july event coming up in our town that draws thousands of people, I can gurantee you I will see folks walking dogs on the hot pavement, or carrying them around in thier arms. The weather is gonna be over 100 degrees this weekend. do these people not realize what hot concrete does to the skin on a dogs feet? I say everyone we see walking a dog on that type of heated concrete, we force to take thier shoes off and spend the day walking on hot concrete just so they can experience the pain and blisters. Or, force them to be wrapped in a blanket for the day to experience what its like to be carried around in someones hot arms all day. I agree with the previous poster, animals are not accesories.

To sum up, yes I would gladly break a car window to save a dog, or a child, or a cat, or an invalid, or an elderly person, etc. And, take the property distruction fine if need be, because its the right thing to do. No one, human or animal shoudl suffer that way ever, it would not bother me to have people who do that sort of thing be convicted, and sentence to suffer the same way thier animal did until they died. Serves them right.

when animals suffer for our stupidity, we show the planet how horrible humans can be.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Rossa because: to add comment

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join