It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today's Immigration vs Our Ancestors

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by VinnyEastside
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

All of you hate mongers are missing the point. Blinded with hate due to inbreeding. They are being hired by AMERICAN CORPORATIONS. Amigo they arent just vacationing here. They are being hired by AMERICAN COMPANIES. Whose fault is it? I thought it was the Unions fault?? Blame the companies as well not just the people. If the work oppurtunies werent here they wouldnt be here.

Im not a hate monger or a racist. I have already have said several times I welcome LEGAL immigrants with open arms. And yes you are right to an extent that american corporations are to blame, just like they are to blame for sending so many jobs over seas

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Just another hate monger.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

reply to post by ABWarrior58

So people who disagree with you dont understand or speak Enlish??

i have only said that becuase you seem to misinterperet what ive said and twisted it to support yourself instead of reading what ive said

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

no he's just another American Citizen whose tired of seeing family and freinds out of work

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Yes thank you. I agree there is a HUGE immigration problem. Im just saying people pretend this is an invasion man. I like to think I have a simple solution. Beef up border security and as they arrest people who are illegal man deport them. We cant act like the Gestapo and bust down doors and stuff. I guess i kinda implied you are a racist. I dont know you, i dont think you are a racist man.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Yea, you are.

You should slap whoever raised you.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Yes thank you. I agree there is a HUGE immigration problem. Im just saying people pretend this is an invasion man. I like to think I have a simple solution. Beef up border security and as they arrest people who are illegal man deport them. We cant act like the Gestapo and bust down doors and stuff. I guess i kinda implied you are a racist. I dont know you, i dont think you are a racist man.

ok good cuz i never said invasion, i simply said that ILLEGAL immigration is the problem. Hey if you want to come here legally, work and pay taxes just like I do, be my guest, I welcome you!

link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Is this a joke? The Irish came in masses illegally and they took a very very long time to integrate with American culture. In fact in some cases American culture was replaced by Irish. The funny part about this is that Illegal Irish immigrants continue to be an issue now and you can find them out supporting immigration refrom as well. Where your comparison rings true is they were blamed for crime, for taking jobs and for destroying the US of A.
80% of illegal immigration is people of Hispanic origin the other 20 percent is form people all over the world. Lol Irish illegally immigrated someone needs to roll back the history book and point out the fact during their immigration the US was split in two it was called the civil war those people who signed up freshly off the boat with the south when the war was over had been considered illegal. You sir need to get off the liberal tree hugging band wagon

link   

so far, nothing common good or myself have said has been hateful or racist, so idk where they keep basing this from

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Mexicans are not north American Indian's and have just as much European blood as the rest of us. that's something they forget to mention. Spain is in Europe they speak a dialect of a European language just like we Americans speak a dialect of English. dialect meaning little differences here and there. People from mexico need to get real Aztlan didn't exist

This is a total lie. Spaniards are NOT Mexicans. The majority of Mexicans in the USA have nothing to do with Spain except for the language.
"Mexican" is just a nationality; there are many who are native Amerindian types and there are some that are of European descent.

Why can't people from the USA understand there is a difference between Spain and Mexico?
edit on 28-6-2011 by appletree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
[ You sir need to get off the liberal tree hugging band wagon

this made me laugh. thank you

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

i see our liberal freinds have grown quiet, i was just getting into this lol

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Irish Immigrants....

They were white.
Bought into the American Ideal.
They were politically active.
They worked the system.

edit on 28-6-2011 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABWarrior58

Is this a joke? The Irish came in masses illegally and they took a very very long time to integrate with American culture. In fact in some cases American culture was replaced by Irish. The funny part about this is that Illegal Irish immigrants continue to be an issue now and you can find them out supporting immigration refrom as well. Where your comparison rings true is they were blamed for crime, for taking jobs and for destroying the US of A.

they mostly came here legally. Again I never mentioned todays immigration have anything to do with hispanics until the end when i spoke of the spanish language. Yes it does take some time to integrate. However, if you've lived in the country since 1988 and are speaking to the state legislature dont you think by now you'd have a grasp of english?

Most of any group comes here legally. And considering that large parts of the US were speaking and continue speaking Spanish long before English I would expect that it would be very easy to not learn English You really should do some reading about the Irish in the US, you would find some striking parralels with modern immigration debates. From being treated as less than human, to providing low paid unskilled labor, to living in large groups slowing chances of integrating to the fact they provided a huge bulk of Americas cooks and maids for a time.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

All of you hate mongers are missing the point. Blinded with hate due to inbreeding. They are being hired by AMERICAN CORPORATIONS. Amigo they arent just vacationing here. They are being hired by AMERICAN COMPANIES. Whose fault is it? I thought it was the Unions fault?? Blame the companies as well not just the people. If the work oppurtunies werent here they wouldnt be here.
I can assure you I'm not inbred or that my intentions are not guided by hate. But judging from your responses i can see why Mexico scored so low on it national IQ test. Not all illegals have jobs so what are they doing? 10 percent are unemployed thats not counting the ones in jail or the ones not of age to work.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by appletree

Mexicans are not north American Indian's and have just as much European blood as the rest of us. that's something they forget to mention. Spain is in Europe they speak a dialect of a European language just like we Americans speak a dialect of English. dialect meaning little differences here and there. People from mexico need to get real Aztlan didn't exist

This is a total lie. Spaniards are NOT Mexicans. The majority of Mexicans in the USA have nothing to do with Spain except for the language.
"Mexican" is just a nationality; there are many who are native Amerindian types and there are some that are of European descent.

Why can't people from the USA understand there is a difference between Spain and Mexico?

ahahahhaha dont know your own history huh look it up buddy. Where do you think Spanish conquistadors come from lol or why you speak a bastardization of there language.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

80% of illegal immigration is people of Hispanic origin the other 20 percent is form people all over the world. Lol Irish illegally immigrated someone needs to roll back the history book and point out the fact during their immigration the US was split in two it was called the civil war those people who signed up freshly off the boat with the south when the war was over had been considered illegal. You sir need to get off the liberal tree hugging band wagon

You do know that the Irish have been coming to the US for a couple hundred years yes? You do know they have and still come illegally yes? You are also aware, I assume, that the difference between illegal immigrants from places like Mexico is they do not want to stay in the US, they want to work, save money and then go back home. This is what I love about about ATS. I am called both a liberal tree hugger and far right neo-con. Both lables used by the brain washed masses.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

You do know that the Irish have been coming to the US for a couple hundred years yes? You do know they have and still come illegally yes? You are also aware, I assume, that the difference between illegal immigrants from places like Mexico is they do not want to stay in the US, they want to work, save money and then go back home. This is what I love about about ATS. I am called both a liberal tree hugger and far right neo-con. Both lables used by the brain washed masses.
O and i can tell they want to go home after getting free healthcare, free housing, free food, free schooling I too would want to go home and live in a adobe hut
thats why so many are leaving right or that their numbers level out every year. You need a grasp on reality.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

ahahahhaha dont know your own history huh look it up buddy. Where do you think Spanish conquistadors come from lol or why you speak a bastardization of there language.

I'm not Spanish and I'm not Mexican.

It doesn't matter where the conquistadors came from or who they mated with.

They are two different countries with different populations. Not one. If I were to follow your logic then African Americans who speak English and have a little bit of English blood are exactly the same as an Englishman. Who believes such nonsense?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABWarrior58

they mostly came here legally. Again I never mentioned todays immigration have anything to do with hispanics until the end when i spoke of the spanish language. Yes it does take some time to integrate. However, if you've lived in the country since 1988 and are speaking to the state legislature dont you think by now you'd have a grasp of english?

Most of any group comes here legally. And considering that large parts of the US were speaking and continue speaking Spanish long before English I would expect that it would be very easy to not learn English You really should do some reading about the Irish in the US, you would find some striking parralels with modern immigration debates. From being treated as less than human, to providing low paid unskilled labor, to living in large groups slowing chances of integrating to the fact they provided a huge bulk of Americas cooks and maids for a time.
the constitution wasn't written in Spanish so who cares. Comparing the Irish to mexicans now is a joke and being of Irish decent i take offense to your tired comparison of us. First off we spoke English helped build the railroads and have fought in every war this country has been in since including the Mexican American war in which we beat the hell out of you and kicked you out of both Texas and California. Sorry you lost its not your land and eat crow

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join