It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mariner 4's First Close-Range Image of Mars. Fact: Hand colored, paint-by-numbers picture.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The Doctoring of NASA photo's was well known to some back in 1965!
Mariner 4 was launched on 28th November 1964 destination the Red Planet. This first Mars Close-up picture transmitted back to Earth (Voyager Telecommunications Section team).
Source: Picture of the Day: Mariner 4's First Close-Range Image of Mars

This, the first close-range image of Mars ever captured, was framed and presented to William H. Pickering, the Jet Propulsion Laboratory's director at the time.

But it's not a traditional photograph. Too anxious to wait for the official processed images from the Mariner 4 in 1965, employees at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory assembled the thin strips printed by a "real-time data translator" machine and hand colored them as though they were a paint-by-numbers picture.

Zelong.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Wait what?

They explicitly tell you "they were so excited they couldn't wait for the image". If I was getting a first look at an Alien world I'd be pretty excited too.

This site and some of its members are really something.... lets say "special.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

You mean you can't see the alien that's been airbrushed out?
It's right there!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imhotepsol
Wait what?

They explicitly tell you "they were so excited they couldn't wait for the image". If I was getting a first look at an Alien world I'd be pretty excited too.

This site and some of its members are really something.... lets say "special.

G'day Imhotepsol,
I'll bring you up to speed. Have you heard of the Disclose Project[2000] were Donna Hare come forward stating NASA told her to 'Air Brush the Luna images,'
Watch this short video below:
"NASA Airbrushed UFOs / Lunar Base Towers" Trailer

Google Video Link

Which part of the 'docid' do I use for Google link to work please? [docid=-9075306542842977658&q=ufos#]

Zelong.
edit on 28/6/11 by Zelong because: Couldn't Fix Google link

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

Originally posted by Zelong

I'll bring you up to speed. Have you heard of the Disclose Project[2000] were Donna Hare come forward stating NASA told her to 'Air Brush the Luna images,'

You don't mean this do you? Because she doesn't say any such thing. She says "this guy told me this".

Just like a "few" of the other Disclosure Project "witnesses". She does seem to enjoy the applause though.

She doesn't say anything about the Moon either.
edit on 6/28/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I missed it Phage. I can see now why your considered ATS Gold

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

Yeah but that wasn't what your OP was about. I was expecting some proof not a precedent.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Come on Phage you of all members are more informed than your post above.

When all this Disclosure was released It was meet with Denial

Yet now here's evidence of this guess(anxious) work in 1965 with colour by numbers using crayon.
Using ground breaking technology that transmitted this data back to Earth at maybe 72pps like Lunar Orbiter 2 and it gets de-coded with Crayon's
Water paint would of been more effective but wait there's no water there, wouldn't look right.
This statement is plain stupid- 'Too anxious to wait for the official processed images'

This Data had to be de-coded maybe using an AMPEX-900 same as the Lunar Orbiter 2 images, data received didn't have a running de-coder it hadn't been built yet.

Zelong.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

It was met with denial for good reason. There was little substance other than "someone told someone who told me."

The Lunar Orbiters used very different technology from the Mariner series. The Orbiters used scanned photographic film images which were transmitted as analog images to Earth. Mariner used a Vidicon tube and an analog/digital coding system. You can read about it here:
ntrs.nasa.gov...

Here are the processed images from Mariner 4. Not much to hide.
nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Trying to discredit the witness as mere hearsay when she did have actual first hand experience of the evidence? Do you actually think about what you are working for when the official story is gospel?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

I would question whether someone with an alleged secret security clearance would have free access to sections where such work was being undertaken, if it were. Such work would likely have a top secret classification (at least).

I doubt she saw what she says or thinks she saw. I doubt she heard what she says or thinks she heard.

edit on 6/28/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I doubt the government when it replies 'no comment' to all questions on UFO's and ET's despite all the evidence that is around. Something is going on...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
You mean you can't see the alien that's been airbrushed out?
It's right there!

Would you mind clipping that alien? I'm a bit tired right now

Thanks

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

This one was my favorite... I actually supported Greer at the beginning...

Listen carefully to this guy... see anything wrong?

Generic question anyone can answer

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

What about THIS one presented by Bob Dean? Its from Mariner too

Mariner 9 #4209-75

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

What about THIS one presented by Bob Dean? Its from Mariner too

Mariner 9 #4209-75

What video is this from? I've seen that image a few times in Mars Anomaly videos but I never knew the origin of it. I like to watch videos about real Mars anomalies (not the 4 inch rock apes videos).

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You are most likely referring to the fact that the spacecraft that took the photos he says he saw did not fly until nearly a year after he said he saw them.

Sad, really.

I admit with regret, that I was in the same situation as you initially. Excitement and anticipation can do unpleasant things to our thought processes. That's how we learn, I guess...

Peace,
Pixel

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PixelDuster
reply to post by zorgon

You are most likely referring to the fact that the spacecraft that took the photos he says he saw did not fly until nearly a year after he said he saw them.
Sad, really.

yup he worked there for THREE DAYS in mid 1965 as a photo machine repairman and claims he saw edited photos from a mission that the first one didn't launch til November 1966. Several from ATS actually wrote to Greer and Co last year to get an answer... silence was the reply.

Very sad.. almost seems a deliberate campaign

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/19374395f44a.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charizard
What video is this from? I've seen that image a few times in Mars Anomaly videos but I never knew the origin of it. I like to watch videos about real Mars anomalies (not the 4 inch rock apes videos).

This one I believe
Bob Dean's presentation, European Exopolitics Summit, Barcelona, 25 July 2009

new topics

top topics

join