It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Alamos scurries to protect nuclear lab

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Most of the people in Mexico come to the USA. Problem will be solved with one fail swoop. Everyone else is collateral damage. They asked for it.

..cough cough..you do know how many americans flee to mexico from the u.s. and lets not forget moving into canada and given the current situation in the u.s. it wont be long before many more will be requesting citizenship into those nations.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
It seems that the largest concern at this point is the radioactive waste stored above ground on asphalt and in some cases tents. 200,000 fifty five gallon barrel drums. Some (the article didn't say how many) are buried but the rest are just sitting there above ground. The actual weapons in the plant and the metric tons of weaponized plutonium are in "fire safe" storage, but the waste is just sitting there. Wow. This really should be a much bigger story than I am seeing. I have MSNBC on right now and they only want to talk about Palin considering running and how hard it is to raise money right now. It seems this should trump who is or is not going to run in 2012. I don't even see it on the ticker.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
And just now a brief line about the fire threatening the nuclear plant hit the ticker on MSNBC. But they still aren't talking about it. At least they are talking about stuff that is important in its own right now: debt ceiling, boming of Afghanistan Hotel, Libya. Sheesh.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

There is alot of stupid on this site, but I do believe you have the record for consecutive stupid comments. Congrats!

Right because all of the illegals live in Mexico.

Seriously, thousands of barrels of plutonium stored there, if the fires get to that... The barrels heat up, pop open and the contents stream into the air and environment... Mexico will likely be spared as the prevailing winds will carry the worst of it into northern Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, northern Louisiana, Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, Georgia then up and through all of the east coast states, out into the Atlantic and toward all of Europe.

IF that happens, maybe the Mexicans can grab some popcorn and watch all of us legals get killed?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
What amazes me is that they have 30,000 barrels of nuclear waste in the area and apparently no set plans on what to do in the case of a local environmental emergency, such as a large forest fire in the area, other than to evacuate.

The ongoing spectre of nuclear waste and what to do with it is highlighted with the total lack of concrete plans for one of the largest dump sites in the country.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

They say don't worry, even in a worst case if the fires reach the barrels of waste, they can foam them, and in a worst case these barrels have the amazing ability to vent pressure through hepa filters without any release of toxic materials into the environment.

So, take their word for it... You have absolutely nothing to worry about.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

This is going to be awesome. I hope the radiation spreads to Mexico and kills all the illegals. I will be grabbing some popcorn. If the government wont build a fence, we will let nature take care of that.

This is how retarded you are sir. If it spread to Mexico, they wouldnt be illegal now would they?

I almost posted the same comment, but I didn't want to insult people with Downs Syndrome by associating them with "The Professional". Obviously he has never seen the effects of radiation poisoning on a person. For him to wish this on innocent people and children is disgusting.
I must conclude that he meant it in jest and will recognize how offensive it is.
edit on 6/29/2011 by Sparky63 because: toned it down a bit

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Actually I have a professional degree and am much more intelligent than you. Do you have a degree in physics? Nope did not think so.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Actually I have a professional degree and am much more intelligent than you. Do you have a degree in physics? Nope did not think so.

That is quite an amazing revelation... I didn't know there was a "professional" degree in crassness and ignorance.

Where can one apply for this course and obtain that degree?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I still have family that lives out that way...
Called my sister-in-law this morning to see how they fared...
they are a good long way from the fires but the smokes is so bad she is taking her entire family up to Boston until it's over.... one way or another...

PS today at 2pm rocky mountain time lab officials will hold another press conference on the latest updats... that's about 3 hours from now... so will see then if anything major happens

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I think your words speak for themselves. Based on them, I seriously doubt your self proclaimed intelligence. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and hoped that you were just shooting your mouth off in jest. I guess I was wrong.
I guess it takes all types.
Just do yourself a favor and rethink the statement you made and then decide what it says about your character.
Whether you have a degree in physics or not has no bearing on the matter.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I got professional degrees too... but ....
I don't need them to know LANL has some of the poorest security anywhere...

forget this fire... after the last one where..."Nothing of Importance"... was burned... soon after the city of Los Alamos started to discover their drinking water was contaminated... if you go up there just off main street is a park.... stop in there and look for the small fenced in area... that's where the monitoring well is...
it took a lawsuit to get LANL to fess up to they being the cause .... my guess is if something bad does happen... residents will be glowing in the dark before the lab admits to fault

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Just like what's happening in Japan if they don't tell then nothing is wrong until lots of people start dropping dead while walking on the street.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

oh that is cool, but i dont have a degree in anything but i can log into almost any network , i guess it's why i am in high demand for the last few weeks

...getting back to the thread, if this does go up, i sure hope most of you have those supplies ready, you know the ones i am talking about, the ones that were in short supply once the japanese issue arose and people thought they were in danger from radiation from abroad, oh yeah, guess what, its from within...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Okay gentlemen....and back on topic: Evacuating Los Alamos

So far they are saying that things are going to be okay. A special plane is checking radiation levels. It's starting to get a fair amount of mention on the MSM now. I actually think that makes it worse because it means that they can't contain the story because they can't contain the fire.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join