It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Alamos scurries to protect nuclear lab

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Los Alamos scurries to protect nuclear lab

www.reuters.com

New Mexico fire managers scrambled on Tuesday to reinforce ground crews battling for a third day against a fierce blaze roaring out of control at the edge of one of the nation's top nuclear weapons production centers.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Is anybody else starting to get a little bit uncomfortable with the number of nuclear mishaps, near mishaps, etc.
It strikes me as too much all of a sudden. The whole nuclear front thing has been mostly clear for several years and now all of a sudden, all in row. Like foreshadowing....I don't like it.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Second Source
edit on 28-6-2011 by watcher3339 because: 2nd source

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher3339

As i have posted elsewhere, the quickest way to move any and i mean any amount of population with no questions asked is through the use of a " Nuclear Accident or Threat" , but i am also stressing the "Accident" . Looks like those fema camps might come in handy after all...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I don't mean to cause further alarm, but I know folks down there and yes, they've been evacuated from the premises. Not all, but a good majority of them have. They're not expected to get back to the site at least until a week has passed.

Makes me almost cough up my cornflakes I ate this morning....

I honestly don't think anything will happen....They're just taking precautions...following protocol. That's all.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
what does " preparing for the worst mean " translate to ?

edit on 28-6-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Star for a great observation, it makes one think about where they want things to go and the type of planning involved. The Army Core of engineers have been making all kinds of seemingly crazy choices this year.

Sorry, that was a reference to the other nuclear risk near the flooding.
edit on 28-6-2011 by QuietSpeech because: Clarification

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Fire one mile from the lab and the Fire Chief
says they are preparing for the worse. I suppose
that would mean radiation when everything goes
up in a huge blast. This is at a very very critical
stage right now. If they cannot hold the flames
back this is going to be a global event.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Just on the local news ticker.

Los Alamos is now the number one priority fire in the country. Looks like crews and aircraft are going to be pulled from other fires around the county to fight this fast moving fire. This does not sound good folks. The media is not telling us something . I live about 80 miles from LANL. I'm getting real worried now. I filled the water cans, and put a case of MRE,s in the truck with other supplies . I will be leaving NM if the lab gets it.

on another note It did rain, but the rain evaporated be for it hit the ground.

You need to change the title OP LANL is now the number one priority fire in the country.
edit on 28-6-2011 by SJE98 because: Added more info

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I don't think I have ever heard of a fire so dangerous
they pulled firefighters off of other fires which I am sure
is important as well. I use to live in Santa Fe, I am
worried about friends there - if the fires hit the lab
its going to be time to get out of New Mexico.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
June has been a hot month after all.

Natural disasters happen, hopefully they can control this fire before it is too late.

If these facilities are this vulnerable to fires and floods... Imagine the possibilities for sabotage, and intentional destruction, attacks etc?

Once a nuclear facility has high enough radiation levels that prohibit efforts to control it, contain it etc.....

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
This is going to be awesome. I hope the radiation spreads to Mexico and kills all the illegals. I will be grabbing some popcorn. If the government wont build a fence, we will let nature take care of that.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

There is alot of stupid on this site, but I do believe you have the record for consecutive stupid comments. Congrats!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

All of north-america will be #ed.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Okay, one of three things are happening here. First we get the thing in Japan, then the flood waters threaten a plant in ND, now this. So either this kind of stuff has happened often and the media is just taking extra focus on this(as they do often), it is a coincidence, or somebody is trying to tell us something. Over the years, i've never heard of any trouble from nuke plants (In the USA), now all of a sudden its getting to be a common thing. Weird.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
This is going to be awesome. I hope the radiation spreads to Mexico and kills all the illegals. I will be grabbing some popcorn. If the government wont build a fence, we will let nature take care of that.

This is how retarded you are sir. If it spread to Mexico, they wouldnt be illegal now would they?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Most of the people in Mexico come to the USA. Problem will be solved with one fail swoop. Everyone else is collateral damage. They asked for it.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Most of the people in Mexico come to the USA. Problem will be solved with one fail swoop. Everyone else is collateral damage. They asked for it.

Most of the Mexicans come here? Is that why Mexico City is the most populous city on the planet?

derp

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
wow, i can't help thinking about just how big a bang this really could be ... july fireworks of all the communities put together at once, doesn't seem like it would come close.

For many others and self included who are (i'm sure) thankful to be places other than in the direct zone of this catastrophe, the real conspiracy becomes, what if ... i doubt it's really ever been thoroughly contemplated before ... we, as humans, are naturally far too ignorant to admit such a possibility exists.

the what if's are endless of course, but that's not really the point. As this situation and the Fukishima multiple meltdown is happening at virtually the same time on opposite sides of the same Earth, what's next?
how does one prepare for such a 'ah, what do they call it'? ... contingency?

Not being directly familiar with the inventory at Los Alamos, i am wildly guessing an explosive effect would have much more uumpph than say historical precedence?
history reflects the power of one .... yet, this LA place reeks of many, many more.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Another kink in the plan to put out the fire that was lightly touched was that no one will say exacly what is stored there and more than that anyone that will and can help put the fire out is going to be a problem SECURITY wise, so they wount be allowed to get to close to the facilities if they are not top secret cleared.

Go figure to secret to let anyone help.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

There has probably been loads of nuclear mishaps, but they probably just didn't get reported.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join