It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax Cuts for the Rich Based on Job Creation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Tax Cuts for the Rich Based on Job Creation

www.truthisthenews.com

I was reading an article recently about how the tax cuts for the rich have caused a 3 trillion dollar shortfall in revenue the federal government would otherwise have brought in. The Republican argument is of course that those that make over $250,000 per year are the ones that create jobs and that giving them tax breaks provides for more job creation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 28-6-2011 by wayouttheredude because: dyslexic

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The article goes on to read that the tax breaks for the rich should have direct job creation strings attached if I read this right. The idea is a good one I think. If you are provided with direct financial incentive for new hires then you are more likely to hire people as a small business person. This might be just the thing to jump start this economy. Incentives job creation directly.

www.truthisthenews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

edit on 28-6-2011 by CaDreamer because: irellevant

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
So could ATS owners hire us like Huffington wannabe's,post, and get tax rebates?

Splendid. They could pay a per diem based on the number of stars a thread gets.

Like a dollar a star. BUT..a 2 dollar tax rebate.

And when it was time to pay..erase the stars.

What are we going to do..yell conspiracy?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

they would find a way to game the system. if not by outright fraud and cooking the books, they's make sure the politicians on the payroll put loopholes in so if they hire someone for 2 months it counts, etc etc etc

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yea, but unfortunately the jobs aren't going to American workers.

The rich didn't get rich by being generous to their employees.

They want slave labor and they want it cheap. Why pay an American worker thousands when they can get the job done overseas for a lot less. I heard that Chinese workers who make iPhones only make $220 A MONTH.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

What I propose is a tax break for direct job creation. End the tax break for the rich and replace it with this scaled rebate for job creation. Do with this what you want. Perhaps hire more people. The increased revenue will go t job creation directly instead of an across the board tax cut for a tax bracket.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
reply to post by syrinx high priest

What I propose is a tax break for direct job creation. End the tax break for the rich and replace it with this scaled rebate for job creation. Do with this what you want. Perhaps hire more people. The increased revenue will go t job creation directly instead of an across the board tax cut for a tax bracket.

That's actually a great idea, provided it's written very tightly. You don't want them wiggling their way out of the "Job creation strings" so to speak.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

I would agree it would need to be written tightly to keep it from becoming abused but the premise I think is sound. It would directly incentivize job creation and would be the highest in cost benefit ratio method of direct economic stimulus the government could perform for a long term and short term gain.

new topics

top topics

join