It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China told to cut food production or face dire water levels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This is a very bad situation...

China told to reduce food production or face 'dire' water levels

Food must be imported and water use tightly regulated to protect dwindling supply, a leading groundwater expert has warned

China needs to reduce food production on its dry northern plains or aquifers will diminish to a "dire" level in 30 years, one the country's leading groundwater experts has warned.

"The government must adopt a new policy to reduce water consumption," Zheng told the Guardian. "The main thing is to reduce demand. We have relied too much on engineering projects, but the government realises this is not a long-term solution."

Considering the political situation in China and the other water projects they are doing, they are very unlikely to do what is necessary.

Of course they gonna disregard that expert and say yeah yeah we'll cross that bridge when we get to it... but it'll be too late.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Vitch

Good to highlight this because this is a real threat to world security !!

China has been, i'm sure you are aware been buying up 'resources' commodities all over the world from India, Australia, South America, Africa etc and has been in effect planning for the future....we in the west are behind the curve and a NEED for water will become a serious threat for all..

Cheers

PDUK

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

They'll just steal more from us. You should check out Jesse Venutra's conspiracy that he did showing the dwindling Great Lakes water level. Apparently it's being shipped to the Chinese

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think now more than ever there is a growing market for desalination units, It should be law for every country to have at least one plant so that if they have a dry season they dont rely on another country to supply them, surely this would ease suppy problems for a while.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
China buying water from us seems irrelevant, US has alot of water compared to many countries, sharing it so that other people in other countries can survive, should be a no brainer.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

Vitch

Good to highlight this because this is a real threat to world security !!

China has been, i'm sure you are aware been buying up 'resources' commodities all over the world from India, Australia, South America, Africa etc and has been in effect planning for the future....we in the west are behind the curve and a NEED for water will become a serious threat for all..

Cheers

PDUK

So pleased you pointed that out - they do take notice of their experts and have known and have been acting on this knowledge for years. They have been making some very clever moves for a long time.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Sounds way to fishy to me. This is when i look for other agendas or look into the policies they are putting in place for this, we all know the world wont be here in 30 years so who cares.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
My advice is to force companies off of using cheaper land water that is essential to farmers and force them to use desalinated water, which cost 2.20 over 1.8. I'm not to concern about this, China's leaders are engineers and it will only make them invest in water technology like clean energy technology. Besides, nanofiltration membrane seem to be a less energy intensive desalination for the future. So I'm not to concern as long as they invest in water, which they are doing.

Another thing is they can use double pipe system, which allows them to use seawater to flush toilet. We all know how water intensive flushing the toilet is. This seawater can be desalinated later too. The answer is technology efficiency.

edit on 28-6-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I Britain we keep getting hose pipe bans!
why dont they just build more underground revivers to store the water.
when we get rains its heavy.
I have seen streets flooded in birmingham.
have you ever seen the heavy raises in china?
not BIG one. just lots of small ones.
like all the park ands and under open land.
when its one grass it.
and all that land will drain in to it.
then we would not need to worry.
yes it could be that easy.
other countries could do the same.
they will do nothing till its to late.

top topics

join