It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the USA becoming a Police State?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
Maybe the Bush fans ought to consider their supposed 'liberal nightmare scenarios' with these new powers in existance, huh?

Remember to thank Dub-ya and Co. won't you? Heh heh heh.

Do you think the "other" party is any different?

BOTH of them put us here with a shell game, and a con that you only have two choices coupled with a people to fat and lazy to care.

Till people wake up to the fact that NEITHER party represents us, only themselves, and vote both bunch of crooks out of office NOTHING will change

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Do you think the "other" party is any different?

- I can see where you are coming from Amuk we have similar charges made in the UK between our Labour and Conservative (tory) Parties. Nevetheless whatever the similarities I believe that the parties of the right and their friends in big business always go large and by far the largest on the gross financial corruption.

At least with the most corrupt out we stand a chance of moving things toward better for most.

BOTH of them put us here with a shell game, and a con that you only have two choices coupled with a people to fat and lazy to care.

- I agree, a two horse race is not ideal, but that's what it is.

Till people wake up to the fact that NEITHER party represents us, only themselves, and vote both bunch of crooks out of office NOTHING will change

- I don't really agree with this. The parties do not represent themselves they represent wealth and power to varying degrees IMO.

There are good people in both parties but pork barrel politics are dictating at the moment.

For as long as the already super priviledged, wealthy and powerful continue to subvert the democratic process to their own ends and agenda we're stuck with this.....till it all falls completely apart as fewer and fewer engage with the process.

We should all be raising hell at a system that cannot attract 50% of the people to engage with it and we should be raising it again over the vacuous laughable garbage that passes for political debate in our 'mainstream' media these days.

[edit on 17-8-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
agreed

things are going to worse before they get better. with the population explosion and terrible strain on resources, the politicians will have no choice but to maintain their current habbits of letting the profits dictate their descisions. just look at how frantically they went to war with iraq. a country with no possible means of ever doing harm to us. all for a resource that is becoming more and more profitable and more and more neccesary to the keep things running smoothely. they realize their time as the lone super power is wearing thin, acts of desperation are likely to occur (9-11) to ensure the security and safety of the federal gov't

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Seeker:

Oh, and don't mind Jakomo, she has always posted anti-US BS and her sentiments of the US are well known, despite how she wishes to guise them.

First off, I am not a woman. Second off, my anti-US sentiments are NOT BS, they're actually well founded, and grounded in REALITY.

YOU'RE the one who TO THIS DAY believes there are WMDs in Iraq and that Bush is not a lying scumbag. Your stance is the one that's not based on history.

And I don't try to disguise anything. American foreign policy is terrible and murderous.

This illegal war has made the oil companies richer (woowoo Oil at 46$ a barrel, cha-ching!), Americans poorer, troops deader, and the world angrier. Good job, Dubya!

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

This illegal war has made the oil companies richer (woowoo Oil at 46$ a barrel, cha-ching!), Americans poorer, troops deader, and the world angrier. Good job, Dubya!

Excellently said I do believe!

I still find it interesting that so many people are sure John Titor was a fake, but we are now talking about things he said would happen just before the time he said they would happen. Not saying he was right, but its quite odd dont you think

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join