It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bridge Comes to San Francisco with a Made-In-China Label

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Alas, California, have you gone nuts? And of course the Chinese are indeed, in a state of slavery, true slavery, and we are aiding in keeping them there. It's deplorable. And embarrassing. I'm truly embarrassed for them. For all of us. To let this greed- filled crazy train, just keep on roaring on it's despicable path.

Lady, yes......we Californians are nuts. And our punishment for our "looniness" is 9 PERCENT STATE SALES TAX!!!! &%$@&%#!!!!!!!

It makes me sick that most of the American population continues to facilitate this slave labor by buying products made in China. It's shameful! There seems to be a huge misunderstanding or lack of knowledge about how many jobs are outsourced to other countries and the reasons for it.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

edit on 28-6-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

You would have got a kick out of the woman I seen at Wal-Mart last year buying a flag for the 4th. She was yelling at everyone about the flag she was about to buy being made in China. I though they were going to throw her out of the store. She just left her buggy and left the store on her own. She was mad and I can not blame her one bit.

I don't know who that woman was......but I'd like to shake her hand!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

It makes me sick that most of the American population continues to facilitate this slave labor by buying products made in China. It's shameful! There seems to be a huge misunderstanding or lack of knowledge about how many jobs are outsourced to other countries and the reasons for it.

The ugliest part of this is all the folks who have the Walmart affliction. Most everything in them stores is imported from China. It's not the Californians fault. That burden rests on 90% of the US population. We demand 'cheap' so it gets imported from other countries, taking a chunk out of American made products, therefore reducing manufacturing (and jobs). We're in a perpetuating state of bad processes amid demands for lower prices and greater foreign dependencies :/

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Oh great! Now we have throwaway bridges?
What next?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

A few months back, I decided to discontinue purchasing anything from china, as my personal rebellion for the way they treat women. I looked on the bottom of everything before I bought it. I can tell you it's hard. Everything you pick up is from China. Except in the grocery.

Pier I Imports is as bad as Walmart. They should rename themselves "Chinese Imports".

It's gotten reallly, really bad. In fact, I rarely see anything made in the US anymore.

(I didn't realize you are in Cali. Hope I didn't offend?)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem
What next?

It's true, in a way, but at the same time I don't want to demean the 55 year old man who was "polishing the deck" of the new bridge, as he spoke. He just sounded so decent. Such a hard worker -- all those hours he's puts in polishing our new bridge.

And to think, there is nothing we can do. It's so defeating.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

A few months back, I decided to discontinue purchasing anything from china, as my personal rebellion for the way they treat women. I looked on the bottom of everything before I bought it. I can tell you it's hard. Everything you pick up is from China. Except in the grocery. Pier I Imports is as bad as Walmart. They should rename themselves "Chinese Imports". It's gotten reallly, really bad. In fact, I rarely see anything made in the US anymore. (I didn't realize you are in Cali. Hope I didn't offend?)

I know what you mean.....I made that same decision and, yes, it's very hard to find things that aren't made in China (or Mexico over here in Cali) My question is, why have the Chinese people continued to allow themselves to be treated this way? I don't understand it. But, then again, I suppose the Chinese could counter that inquiry with "Why do you keep feeding the monster?" Then, if they really wanna drive a point home, they could say, "When are you idiots gonna do something about the hijacking of your government that is going on right in front of your face?" At that point, they will have made a couple of valid points....and I would have to zip my lips....LOL

Don't worry about the California reference. I am not easily offended, especially when it's a valid point...LOL

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Once again, because of California's union rules, it would have cost the state 500 million dollars more to do this project in California.

Thanks Unions.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem
What next?

I just feel sorry for anyone that is on it when it fails. I give it 5 years at most.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I just feel sorry for anyone that is on it when it fails. I give it 5 years at most.

You think this bridge is going to fail within five years? I'm interested to hear how you are coming to that conclusion.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

You think this bridge is going to fail within five years? I'm interested to hear how you are coming to that conclusion.

Well everything I get that is made in China seems to fall apart long before it should. I think a better question would be why do I think it will last even that long. I am given it the benefit of the doubt.
I just noticed that you are in California. Becareful on that bridge

edit on 6/28/2011 by fixer1967 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Yes, this is the area I take issue with. Everyone is so "concerned" about the economy, but this begs the question "whose?". Their personal pockets, of course, without regard for what could help the country in getting through this unemployment crunch.

So basically you are saying that california should spend hundreds of millions more than they have to on this bridge, and that doing so would somehow help fix the struggling economy? I think you are more than a little out of touch with reality here.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
no your out of touch.
spend more money money money . so many people come on here blasting the poor blaming us for this mess.
saying we are lazy and worse .Then you see this 9$ a DAY READ THAT TWICEEEEEE.
as long as YOU alow these countrys to UNDERMINE our ecomny expect the homless poplation TO RISE.
And STOP blaming me because i DONT blame you for buying cheep .But theres no way we REGULAR people can compeat with a 9$ a DAY wage and there WILL BE NO jobs never as long as this goes on.
NOW tell me HOW getting illegals out of the country will make JOBS?????????????????
next is prefab construction meterials put a house up in a day with 3 men .charge the same 150k now the contractor camn pocket a extra 20k from saved time and workers needed.
But hey not to worry YOUR JOB IS NEXTTTTTTTTTTT. O i know it can never happen to you .
Funny how many people said that

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Once again, because of California's union rules, it would have cost the state 500 million dollars more to do this project in California.

Thanks Unions.

Scrap the unions and work for $11/day.

Problem solved.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by Carseller4

Thanks Unions.

Scrap the unions and work for $11/day.

Problem solved.

It would have never come to this if Unions were reasonable in the first place.

When Unions get unreasonable, then you have to look at alternatives.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dave0davidson

So basically you are saying that california should spend hundreds of millions more than they have to on this bridge, and that doing so would somehow help fix the struggling economy? I think you are more than a little out of touch with reality here.

Yep. That's exactlyl what I'm saying. I'm saying it to California, I'm saying it to you, and I'm saying it to all the greedy corporative fools who continue to enslave the poor in other countries, while not giving a rats derriere about their own.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join