It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists= useful idiots,...Christians=Brainwashed Lunatics, and I am Alien time traveler from Vela R

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Exactly.
I guess my grievance comes from the popularity contest that ensues around me regardless of my intentions.
I want to offer opinions, and comment on interesting subjects too, this is after all the jewel of ATS. But to have your comments simply dismissed out of hand because of your rank or status is so absurd I have no more words to describe it.

edit on 28-6-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20

There is a trend on ATS, and it goes like this.
Everyone who proclaims they are awakened, everyone who mocks “sheeple” are in essence just as guilty as blindly following popularity as all those people out there in the world so many of us complain about.
The herd mentality does not stop at the doorstep to ATS but rather continues all the way up into the very posts people apply to threads.

So true it hurts

edit on 28-6-2011 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Thanks, I try to keep it real.
Though it's hard sometimes.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Yes I do agree that there has been a great deal of utter nonsense posted here on ATS lately and threads not even worthy of a click of the mouse. Like you, I also added a thread a few weeks ago moaning about the lack of interesting and well put together threads that have just seemed to turn into folks wanting to be noticed just to obtain a flag or a star. I don't really give a hoot about stars and flags anyway, is it something that is really necessary within our lives?

But after I posted my thread moaning about the lack of good and interesting threads, I came to realise after various replies that you have to be patient for the good things to come along, and wait for the things that you personally find of interest to you. It is very similar to 20 people sitting around a table, people who have never met before and just generally chatting. These people can all be of different age groups, ethnicity, sexuality, religion and culture etc. Therefore you are not going to agree or indeed get on with everyone sat around that table, Some you will find of interest, some of lower IQ, some boring, some humorous, etc. So in order to progress to fulfill your personal needs you will find yourself being drawn around the table during the evening of conversation in your own kind of way deleting the wheat from the chaff. ATS is no different I believe to that scenario around the table.

I also believe that due to the large scope of topics that ATS has available to discuss on the website, this also draws a wide age range of people because of its interesting content. I see questions asked on ATS that I can sometimes identify with, due to the fact that I was young once and I was always asking questions, some of which were also stupid. I personally am glad that people want to ask questions, no matter how mundane or stupid they may sound to you, if you don't ask questions then you never learn.

I have posted threads that I have spent a great deal of time putting together, but have had just a few replies and comments, but just seem to vanish in no time at all into the ether. But I also think that people also have to realise and took me a while, is that people use ATS depending on their time zone, therefore things can disappear without a trace. If I post something here in Australia, the other countries around the world may still be in bed, asleep, and by the time they awaken and come on to ATS, certain threads have passed them by.

So basically, what we have now happening on ATS, is people writing threads complaining about the lack of interesting threads, and then in the next month or so we will have people writing threads complaining about the amount of threads complaining about the threads of complaint........

S**T, I am confusing myself now....................................

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Your dancing around with you topics. Tell me what is your goal in posting this?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal
Your dancing around with you topics. Tell me what is your goal in posting this?

De-constructing disinformation.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
takes a certain type of personailty to come here and try to make a large group of people all feel like idiots. Having a bit of a flashback from ''i am scientist thread as i type this reply''. Most of us here know who the real idiots are. Needless to say you won't get many responses and i'm a little ashamed for wasting my time with mine.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

You proved your point, and someone else will create a thread which will talk about your thread then claim this is what has happened to ATS, then his thread will also get as much flag as yours, then that individual will also prove his point.

A never ending cycle of non-sense. You are just in the middle, the start can't be seen, nor the finish.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

nanu_nanu

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
This is a reply to the OP's first post (the only one I read in this thread):
That was pretty cutting. I havent been here as long as you so what do I know. I do know this, though: On any decent messageboard the junk posts are going to vastly outweigh the good ones. That doesn't make the good ones any less good. Who cares about stars and flags anyway? Just post good stuff and good people will be there too. I thought that was a given for every "online community" and if anything I'm suprised at how little true garbage there really is here. So what if more people post in threads you don't read? You didn't care what those people thought before they got here so why should you care now either? Just keep on doing your thing.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
i am still new here, but have so far noted that while some people will reply to threads with a hint of rudenss or arrogance, it is NOTHING like the going's on at the GLP forums. that place is rife with evil, hatred, ignorance, and name calling. So far peopl ehere have theld their attitudes mainly in check - i could be wrong, have not been into a lot of threads yet. But the difference is notcieable, appreciated, and something to work on and be proud of. If GLP is a childish place to be, filled with people with the emotional develoment of five year olds, maybe ats is a teenager or whatever. defiantely a lot more grown up, more coherent conversations, a bit more tolerance. it is a nice change. Even the heated religious debates were devoid of the utter filth you would find at GLP. I hope it stays that way - would hate to see this place degenerate.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

There is a trend on ATS, and it goes like this.
Everyone who proclaims they are awakened, everyone who mocks “sheeple” are in essence just as guilty as blindly following popularity as all those people out there in the world so many of us complain about.
The herd mentality does not stop at the doorstep to ATS but rather continues all the way up into the very posts people apply to threads.

So true it hurts

edit on 28-6-2011 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

also think the above quote is true!!! So very true. A lot of people claim to be awake, but do not put forth anything intelligent to indicate this - or maybe i am more alseep than i thought too. I have been told to wake up by one person that said Jesus is the alien Sananda, on his space and working in Utah. I was told to wake up by a woman with a page full of pictures of airplanes that she swore were ufos she had been on (trust me they were planes for the most part, and the ones that werent had logical explanations) I have seen entire threads devoted to people swearing that proven debunked ufo vids were real, and all the debunkers were just keeping the truth away from them, told to wake up for not believing that this poster or that poster were in constant telepathic contact with aliens...maybe such a thing exists, but not anyone on GLP, lol.
i think no one has it yet...no one is fully awake, as in has the answers. I think the best we can hope for in being "awake" is to realize we were once sleeping and realize that we are looking for the reality behind it all. Are there ufo's? probably. Are they ours or manned by aliens, no proof yet. Is jesus working in utah? i highly doubt it. does that mean i am still asleep? no - i am here looking for the truth behind it all, and feel like i am getting closer, but my theories do not match what a lot of people are saying...so i guess time will tell if my theories are correct and i will be among the first to wake up - or if i am dead wrong and should just really go back to sleep and get out of the way for the truly awake, lol.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Brilliant and well put mate :-)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

*ahem*
All your base are belong to us.
That is all.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

I have found that to be well noticed on ATS is a misnomer. your popularity is dictated by how often you post alone.
I don't spend too much time posting, and have more fun replying and scanning through the wide range of topics.
So i really can't complain too much when I do post a single thread topic once every two month and wonder why it goes unnoticed.

A lot of the successful posters, - and by that i mean well known for quality content- often have several threads going on at one time. Another factor for me is that i do not spend that much time with current affairs in the world, and even if I do I'm so click half the time of hearing about it I certainly don't want to sit fr an hour or more compiling a decent thread. So I try to stick with things that typically are not as popular, like sciences and tales of interest.

Another issue is the ATS complaint department for lack of a better term. You see, here I am complaining, but I don't necessarily want things to change really.
ATS has sometimes been referred to as "A shadow of its former self" and anyone who goes to the ATS history bar and types in 2003 - 2008 can clearly see the difference in thread type. Plus ATS in general has changed and to a point of annoyance to someone like me.
They seem to be promoting maximum thread creation and those with the greatest number of stars and flags get raptured away to WATS or RATS while the rest of us hooligans beg for scraps.

I don't really want things to change too much, but I would like ATS to at least begin to enforce their own T&C.
Just today there was a thread on hating Muslims, that went on way too long.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by crikeyoioioi
takes a certain type of personailty to come here and try to make a large group of people all feel like idiots. Having a bit of a flashback from ''i am scientist thread as i type this reply''. Most of us here know who the real idiots are. Needless to say you won't get many responses and i'm a little ashamed for wasting my time with mine.

I hope you can learn to live with yourself,...just remember, it isn't your fault,...It isn't your fault....
* Attempts to give a comforting hug*

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by chrissiel123

LOL I have to give it to ATS in that instance, they really have maintained a well regulated thread in that respect. I have lurked around that 3rd world site and it is a piece of trash. What i mean by that is, there is hardly any regulation and people get into that internet warrior mentality and turn debates into name calling racial slurring, hate mongering BS.
Your Right.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

A well thought out thread or threads that someone took the time to research and share with ATS gets (almost immediately) pushed to absolute obscurity, and or mediocrity, while threads with titles more fitting for weekly world news or latest celebrity tabloid Hook Line and Sink every hapless thread user on this site.

So, I'm not the only one who saw this happens. There would be a way to verify that claim with a program that clocks each threads in the front rows, like the "new topics" section.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vio1ion

A well thought out thread or threads that someone took the time to research and share with ATS gets (almost immediately) pushed to absolute obscurity, and or mediocrity, while threads with titles more fitting for weekly world news or latest celebrity tabloid Hook Line and Sink every hapless thread user on this site.

So, I'm not the only one who saw this happens. There would be a way to verify that claim with a program that clocks each threads in the front rows, like the "new topics" section.

Well to be honest there is no fair way that isn't already perfectly fair.
If you had the more popular threads pushed back after a certain time it would result in complaints about threads being rigged and what not, Not something you want to do on a site filled with conspiracy theorists.

But i think it would be a good idea to set up the site so that there are sections for thread age.
For example: Latest threads, hot topics, and so on, very similar to what they have now but gives the new guy a chance to be heard.

Bear in mind I have not made many threads that I consider to be "decent" I actually suck Monkey *SNIP*, but I do sometimes see an awesome topic that someone has written and want to see a dialogue between ATSers on the subject, then suddenly and without warning the thread has been moved to page 8 of the message board.

This may have been rectified had there been a place for new threads. However the problem with that is that, that is EXACTLY what we have right now. lol So I don't think there is any clear way to correct it other than the flagging system, which constitutes a vote for that threads popularity and a persons desire to see it pushed to the top. But alas, one person doesn't make a difference sometimes.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

reply to post by davethebear

I have found that to be well noticed on ATS is a misnomer. your popularity is dictated by how often you post alone.
I don't spend too much time posting, and have more fun replying and scanning through the wide range of topics.
So i really can't complain too much when I do post a single thread topic once every two month and wonder why it goes unnoticed.

A lot of the successful posters, - and by that i mean well known for quality content- often have several threads going on at one time. Another factor for me is that i do not spend that much time with current affairs in the world, and even if I do I'm so click half the time of hearing about it I certainly don't want to sit fr an hour or more compiling a decent thread. So I try to stick with things that typically are not as popular, like sciences and tales of interest.

Another issue is the ATS complaint department for lack of a better term. You see, here I am complaining, but I don't necessarily want things to change really.
ATS has sometimes been referred to as "A shadow of its former self" and anyone who goes to the ATS history bar and types in 2003 - 2008 can clearly see the difference in thread type. Plus ATS in general has changed and to a point of annoyance to someone like me.
They seem to be promoting maximum thread creation and those with the greatest number of stars and flags get raptured away to WATS or RATS while the rest of us hooligans beg for scraps.

I don't really want things to change too much, but I would like ATS to at least begin to enforce their own T&C.
Just today there was a thread on hating Muslims, that went on way too long.

like i said, i am relatively new here. so no idea what it was like here in the good old days....

but one thing you said stuck out. You mentioned up until 2008 as the glorious age of ATS..wonder what could have happened in 2008 to change the atmoshpere.
it is interesting to note that a similar website was purchased in late 2008, and the new owners had the intention - and succeeded IMHO - in infesting the pages and threads with deliberate hatred, ridicule of people for the ery beliefs that tok them there, and guiding the thinking of the members with their htreads and posts, with mods having multiple user accounts and using them to fuel arguments. with the plan to divide and prevent unity, to continue to give people that stand apart from the rest of the sheeple a healthy dose of ridicule to keep them quiet, and to use the accounts to gather data on who will be the trouble makers when the SHTF.
so very interesting that ATS changed at about the same time.
Could it be that an influx of GLPers fled here after the takeover and just spread their rudeness like a flu germ? Could it be that the people here that post at both GLP and ATS have succombed to the secret experiments going on over there that has contributed or caused their own decline in toerance and open mindedness? or could it be that ATS was taken over at the saem time as TPTB were buying up other CT forums and alternative media sites and are trying to do the same thing here,............once i get enough facts down i will be posting a proper thread about this, after of course taking the time to do a search to make sure there has been no similar threads in the recent past! lol, wouldnt want to upset people by being an annoying thread-starter!
edit on 29-6-2011 by chrissiel123 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join