It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Terrorism in Afghanistan: Bombs and Gunmen at hotel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Fox article about hotel bombingurl=http://www.msnbc.msn.com...]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43566624/ns/world_news- south_and_central_asia/[/url]
Gunmen
I really don't believe that we can fix this part of the world. As soon as we start to talk about bringing home the surge troops, we have more issues. It's tiring...
I don't believe we have either the right or the ability to bring peace "on our terms" here. The cultures are different and we are far too widely resented.
Why are we wasting our time, our money, and our soldiers lives someplace where we aren't even wanted?
What have we gotten out of it?
If we felt more secure would all of this TSA nonsense be happening?
This is all so out of hand.
edit on 28-6-2011 by watcher3339 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
best to leave um to kill each other rather than our troops

we got major issuse in our own country that need sorting out

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gremlin2011

I can't help but agree. I don't want to seem cold but our country, indeed the Western World, is close to a meltdown and it just seems like maybe we should be paying attention to our own issues and working to fix our own problems. Instead we have spent more money than I can calculate, and for what? What real progress do we have to show for our interventions? I will freely admit that I am becoming more isolationist every day but that's just because I am over it. So very, very over it.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher3339

in my eyes u cannot help someone or a nation that dont help themselves

with the isaf forces in the country they shud see this as a chance to get some normality to thier lives

but then again poverty and war is thier normality

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

[Reuters witnesses heard four blasts over the course of about two hours, with intermittent bursts of gunfire heard during the late-night attack on the Intercontinental Hotel, one of two main hotels used by foreigners in Kabul.

Mohammad Zahir, the head of the Kabul police crime unit, said three police officers had been wounded as they cleared the hotel on the city's western outskirts.

"The clearing of the Intercontinental is still going on. It's not over yet," Zahir told Reuters.

The attack came the night before the start of a conference about the gradual transition of civil and military responsibility from foreign forces to Afghans.

in.reuters.com...

NATO helicopters have fired and reportedly killed 3 attackers, The Taliban have claimed responsibility for the attack
10 people according to American officials have been killed in the attack,

Video
edition.cnn.com...

Kabul Police Chief: 2 Suicide bombers have been killed..According to NYTimes there are at least 6 attackers
edit on 28-6-2011 by asala because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2011 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
UPDATE: All suicide bombers have now been killed according to Afghan police,

No news of any Western casultys,

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You can expect this kind of violence to escalate as US forces plan to withdraw.

There are forces on ALL sides who do not want this to end, EVER! and will stop at nothing to keep us involved there militarily and in many other ways.

Just the beginning of a new and perhaps much more dangerous wave of violence in Afghanistan.

A wave that will not only assure the continuation of US involvement, but also perhaps an increase in numbers and equipment.

edit on 28-6-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join