It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Statement by the People's Assembly of Syntagma Square on today's events: Their destiny is frustrat

page: 1
6
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Statement by the People's Assembly of Syntagma Square on today's events: Their destiny is frustration, ours is victory!


www.occupiedlondon.org

Their destiny is frustration, ours is victory!

Thousands of protesters have responded and participated to the call of syndicates and the “indignados” movement of the squares, for a 48 hour general strike in order to succeed in the “cancellation” of the mid term agreement on the street.
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I guess some may begin to claim its a blog and not a dot com site but one must take into account and me being in this country as we speak and i assure you these articles have hit the nail on the head.

I guess i must apologize for the lack of glamor writing here other than straight forward news, its tense people have more or less accepted the fact that either way they are getting screwed so they have decided to be screwed without the I.M.F., now although many news outlets have used the mainstream media to fuel speculators in the financial world to obtain billion if greece defaults but what noone took into consideration is how its citizens would react. Suddenly all those suites within the e.u. and other financial institution realized that this is not confined to greece but will become wide spread. Lets face it, you, me and everyone have accepted a one world currency institution, so i guess when the boat is caught in a storm only those with life-preserver's will remain afloat.

Guys and Girls hold on to your hats or umbrellas as its going to become so absurd that the irrational will be attempted to be perceived as rational. ( does this remind anyone of anything ? )

www.occupiedlondon.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 28-6-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ok, seriously now, how many ATSers live in Greece?!?
That said, I have to say I just came home from Syntagma Square. The police used a trizillion tons of tear gases and my eyes and throat are sore, but it was all worth it. We are fighting for a better cause and hope we will succeed. Besides, not all of the protesters cause damages in buildings, actually it is a miniscule minority, and I don't even know who ordered them to do it. But one thing is for sure: if this new loan passes through the parliament tomorrow, this minority will become the majority. People have just had enough. And there is a supposedly democratic government, which completely ignores our will. I guess tomorrow is an extremely critical day for us. Pray for our victory!
edit on 28-6-2011 by Imogene72 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Imogene72
 


You would be surprised at who is there now...ela re, sto marousi menw mexri telos tou mina. A humble shoutout to ya.

Yes, tomorrow is going to be kinda crazy if only i had a web cam set up and give some live feed just for fun, but yeah ill be there tomorrow so its going to be fun..run...oh on tear gas cover nose mouth and eyes...lolol fun fun fun.


...and in the words of the head malaka



Speaking to Spanish newspaper El Mundo, Theodoros Pangalos-ahead predicted and himself-that if not adopted the medium “the next day the banks will be surrounded by terrified people who would try to withdraw their money, while the army would turn out tanks in the streets to protect them, as there would be enough police. There would be riots everywhere, the shops will be empty, some people jumped from windows … And all this would be disastrous for the eurozone as a whole

www.athens-times.com...

ma toso kafros o ilithios..lol
edit on 28-6-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imogene72
Ok, seriously now, how many ATSers live in Greece?!?
That said, I have to say I just came home from Syntagma Square. The police used a trizillion tons of tear gases and my eyes and throat are sore, but it was all worth it. We are fighting for a better cause and hope we will succeed. Besides, not all of the protesters cause damages in buildings, actually it is a miniscule minority, and I don't even know who ordered them to do it. But one thing is for sure: if this new loan passes through the parliament tomorrow, this minority will become the majority. People have just had enough. And there is a supposedly democratic government, which completely ignores our will. I guess tomorrow is an extremely critical day for us. Pray for our victory!
edit on 28-6-2011 by Imogene72 because: (no reason given)



Parliament is due to vote this week on a package of spending cuts, tax increases and privatizations agreed as part of a massive bailout aimed at averting the euro zone's first debt default.


www.cnbc.com...





"At dawn I shall win!"



posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins
 


Lol!!! Eimaste geitones, egw menw xolargo

There are more than enough live streams, so don't worry, that won't be necessary! Spraying your face with maalox and water helps a lot also, there are actually people who spray everyone who needs it, for protection. I'll be there too, guess I'll see you around! Although I think tomorrow is going to be even tougher than today...
About this statement in the spanish "El Mundo", well, I think that's good so the whole world might see what kind of undemocratic unstoppable morrons are on this government...
PS. to theo tou den exei o fasistas. Thelei na moiasei tou pappou tou fainetai.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Imogene72 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist
 


Regardless of what the outcome is, one must take into serious account and simply understand that there is no fluid hard cold cash running through the businesses, it has simply stopped and those businesses that are healthy are slowly being drawn into the current void of what these measures are all about. By imposing taxes upon taxes you in effect kill the first taxes imposed.

Lets be realistic the first austerity measures imposed failed and failed big time, massive inflation and now after several months of it being adopted by its citizens and businesses alike have understood that those measure did nothing other than drain currency from the market. You can dot the i's and cross the t's on that one.
edit on 28-6-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imogene72
reply to post by cerebralassassins
 


Lol!!! Eimaste geitones, egw menw xolargo

There are more than enough live streams, so don't worry, that won't be necessary! Spraying your face with maalox and water helps a lot also, there are actually people who spray everyone who needs it, for protection. I'll be there too, guess I'll see you around! Although I think tomorrow is going to be even tougher than today...


Lol..geitonaaaaaa... piase ena soulvlaki me tzatziki re patrida ....gamo tin trela mou.


Well will keep it in english so others can follow, but yeah i feel tomorrow is going to be kinda crazy, hey thanks for the malox ill keep that in the back pack along with the kranos and molotovs...lolol....plaka kanw.



posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins
 


All the while being funneled into private hands... It's a designed measure to chop up Greece.



posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist
 


Of course it is! And to be honest, it feels great to be able to find some support here, from non greek people. Kinda makes me want to win even more! Thank you for the encouragement



posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist
reply to post by cerebralassassins
 


All the while being funneled into private hands... It's a designed measure to chop up Greece.


Well it is funny to see how two months ago they , being the european leaders, were rattling the cages screaming that greece will go bankrupt and that they only hold the golden key to their survival. So here we are today, the same european leaders who were once pounding the war drums are now seeking to find a solution that has undoubtedly become apparent to those within that if greece falls, then many will fall and it wont be restricted to the e.u. and other nations will see that by folding you actually hold on to your natural resources and maintain your sovereignty. Myself, i would choose to fold and seek other markets as the current ideology and financial stronghold of how the E.U. is set up, only benefits two to three nations at best, the others simply trail along scrapping crumbs from floor. Now what one must look at, is who is standing at the sidelines, myself , i see china, russia and northern european nations who are not within the e.u. currecy.



posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins
 


Lol!!! I didn't know about this maalox thing either, just found out today, but it really is helpful!
Plaka plaka, aurio to kranos paizei kai na sou xreiastei... Anyways, we 'll keep this thread updated about tomorrow's events, no need to create yet another one! Agwnistikous xairetismous!!!



posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imogene72
reply to post by cerebralassassins
 


Lol!!! I didn't know about this maalox thing either, just found out today, but it really is helpful!
Plaka plaka, aurio to kranos paizei kai na sou xreiastei... Anyways, we 'll keep this thread updated about tomorrow's events, no need to create yet another one! Agwnistikous xairetismous!!!


Yep..if you have some descent images then upload and post away, myself if i get some descent shots ill upload them via free imageshack.us, My htc seems to taking some bad photos last few days perhaps its dust, not sure yet, but hey, have you also noticed how bad the cell phone strength is lately at the square.
,

As they said to me in the army MTP..mana, trexa pethenw.



posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Live streaming will be running in 6hrs 49min from time of posting..its going to be a fun fun day with tear gas and souvlaki with nice salad and oh that tzatziki drives a man insane....

www.dailymotion.com...



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
ATS Members this is urgent!!!
Please watch the live stream link in the post right above mine from member celbralasassins from the protests in Syntagma Square, Athens, Greece!!!!!!

The police are using tremendous violence against protesters, I am trapped and can't reach the square, my sixty year old mother is there, children are there, pregnant women are there...

You need to help us somehow, I don't know, call the Greek embassy in your country, swam their lines with complaint calls, and tell them it's a terrible thing what they are doing to the protesters. I can't think of anything else to do to help the situation, our only hope right now is help from our friends abroad. This is a democratic country for Christ's sake, how can the government and police do this to its citizens??? We are not Egypt, nor Syria! This is a cry for help!!!



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imogene72
ATS Members this is urgent!!!
Please watch the live stream link in the post right above mine from member celbralasassins from the protests in Syntagma Square, Athens, Greece!!!!!!

The police are using tremendous violence against protesters, I am trapped and can't reach the square, my sixty year old mother is there, children are there, pregnant women are there...

You need to help us somehow, I don't know, call the Greek embassy in your country, swam their lines with complaint calls, and tell them it's a terrible thing what they are doing to the protesters. I can't think of anything else to do to help the situation, our only hope right now is help from our friends abroad. This is a democratic country for Christ's sake, how can the government and police do this to its citizens??? We are not Egypt, nor Syria! This is a cry for help!!!


ela re, pigene pare tin mana sou, exoun ksefigi.

Hey go to the lower part of the square at amalias , ive told foreign reporters to move away and take off press badges as its kinda insane. Ball bearings being used in pistols and slingshots, were about's are you ?

Live streaming www.dailymotion.com...
edit on 29-6-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   


Etoimasou gia to vradi,

Looks like its going to be busy night in several hours, helmet -check, baton-check, scarf-check, molotovs-check, cyberwarriors-online/check.




posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It will be bumpy these days
Briliant article who explains preety much all the situation.

Must read !!!
sturdyblog.wordpress.com...



posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Just another day in the life of an ordinary citizen, i am sure this has happened over and over again in every country across the world....




The following video also indicates how the riot police managed to corner a large amount of people within a subway entrance and proceeded to fire tear gas within the subway.


edit on 30-6-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Hi!!! Sorry if I got you worried


Here's how my story goes.
Police wouldn't allow us to reach the square, they had blocked all the entrances. I was forced to stay at Stiles Olympiou Dios. Policemen tried to bully us (here I have to mention that I am a 25 year old girl (!), they released tear gases on our faces and started hitting peaceful people. At about 5 o clock in the afternoon, I walked to hilton hotel, where a friend with a motorcycle picked me up, and we took another road, we left the motorcycle at omonoia square and we walked down the Stadiou road. When we reached Kolokotroni square, we took a shortcut and found ourselves toy Ermou street, where I met my mother. She was ok, but she was burnt in the skin from the extreme amount of tear gases the police released. After we had seen each other for about 20 minutes, a police team made it's appearance to Karagiorgi Servias street and dropped sound bombs and tears geses on peaceful protesters, which of course ran with panic to Ermou street. But the police came there and did the same thing as well, and then they did they same on Mitropoleos street. I walked my mother to Gazi subway station, so that she could reach home, and then came back to kolokotroni square with my friend. We started walking to Syntagma square, just to see what was going on, when we found a MAT team on the way. With absolutely no reason they started chasing us and five other people who were on the street, they released tear gases on us again, and then I passed out. I woke up inside the Syntagma subway station, where my friend had carried me. Doctors camping there took a very good care of me, however I had shortness of breath till this morning, and my lungs hurt like crazy.
The police were extremely violent, I'm suing them by the way, and the minister in charge of them. I am extremely happy though, because Amnesty International has explicitly condemned the greek police and the violence they used. Here 's the link:
euobserver.com...

So, this is my story...Sorry for the late reply




top topics



 
6
<<   2 >>

log in

join