It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Airborne Aircraft Carrier?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I stumbled upon this article about the china Philippines conflict and noticed the two pictures they have within the article.

I'm sure these are artists renderings as they show a stealth fighter that i'm not familiar with. China does have a stealth fighter but what about this airborne aircraft carrier? Is this a possible design, idea, etc?

Is there anyone that can read Chinese and possibly find where these pic originate from? Any help is appreciated, it does look bad arse, and why don't we have 10 of these yet?

The article is not what's important just the 2 pictures
China's airborne aircraft carrier

I was able to make out one or part of the URL, but still can't find anything and it's in Chinese.
www.tiexue.net...
edit on 28-6-2011 by SadButTrue because: added url

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
that airborn aircraft carrier the energy to fly it---AMAZING but sad because they could use the same intelligence to build locations that can displace sapiens sapiens from harmful devastations like floating cities smh.........

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SadButTrue

The image of the carrier reads "Concept". I'm pretty sure this is speculation and artist rendition.

Images in question:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c3f821ff328.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca2badc8b312.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 6/28/2011 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
"Concept" usually means "concept". Usually.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Of cures from artist but they are probably designing it now or already have. You know how the govs play...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Of cures from artist but they are probably designing it now or already have. You know how the govs play...

Possibly.

I just found this PDF write-up regarding China's ambitions in the field. Unsure of credibility.

Chinese Aircraft Carrier Ambitions

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Thanks for embedding those....... it's my first post!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

That aircraft carrier looks the dogs gonads.

Seen things similar in manga anime films. Can't doubt that they are readily available, guess we'll find out when WW3 truly kicks off.

Here's a link to a list of airborne aircraft carriers in the media.

tvtropes.org...
edit on 28-6-2011 by strik2dae because: added link

edit on 28-6-2011 by strik2dae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
lol that jet looks like a radical design, pretty neat if it all works with computer guided control.

the airborne aircraft carrier is ridiculous though, and very funny.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Not saying that its impossible....but.

Looking at this? Easy target. Its gonna be DAMN slow. 1 air burst and its all over.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
And how hard would it be to knock something like that out of the sky? I'm guessing, not very. It's indefensible.

More likely this will be used by the military-industrial complex to justify keeping the defense budgets at near a trillion dollars a year for the foreseeable future. We need a new bogeyman with the Soviets long gone and the Mideast wars running out of steam.

link   

Originally posted by SadButTrue

Thanks for embedding those....... it's my first post!

No problems at all. It's a good first post. I'm now ablaze across the search engines looking for more!

link   
Reminds me of mother ship and scouts. They would require strong energy to work.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
China is working on learning to operate a carrier at sea, something that will take a decade to be able to just get the basics of. I do not think we have to worry about anyone having a flying carrier.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
And how hard would it be to knock something like that out of the sky? I'm guessing, not very. It's indefensible.

Force field plasma protection.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

Unless the Chinese are truly making headway with the anti-gravity tech:

Chinese Anti-gravity Technology

Existing ATS Thread on Chinese Anti-gravity Tech

Now, I'm not saying I buy into this totally, but it's definitely worth considering.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

Not saying that its impossible....but.

Looking at this? Easy target. Its gonna be DAMN slow. 1 air burst and its all over.

That's what I was thinking too, but so are water aircraft carriers. I think water carriers top out at 40 knots...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm just going with the overt nature of this 'concept' being a show of capability...

If such a secretive regime is willing to let us see it, something like it is usable and tested.

Scary, scary Sh*t!!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Problem with that anti-gravity theory is why would the ship then have those huge rotor fans in the center? You could postulate that maybe the rotor fans aren't for providing lift, but rather they provide cooling to the anti-gravity system?

Begs the question, if they do have anti-gravity tech, then why don't the smaller aircraft utilize it? Maybe it's such a new technology that they can't "fit" the system into a small craft yet?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon

Problem with that anti-gravity theory is why would the ship then have those huge rotor fans in the center? You could postulate that maybe the rotor fans aren't for providing lift, but rather they provide cooling to the anti-gravity system?

Begs the question, if they do have anti-gravity tech, then why don't the smaller aircraft utilize it? Maybe it's such a new technology that they can't "fit" the system into a small craft yet?

I think you've just provided the most logical reason for both of those questions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join